Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sold my Crossfit lifter 2.0s that I bought at the start of the year. Sold them for £10 less than I bought them for. Will be sticking to my Chucks.

72kg women's powerlifting live now. They're benching - fmd even the weaker openers are 100kg +

Adipowers, all day every day for me.

Romaleos have their fans for sure and they come in more colours. Generally Adipowers suit thinner feet, Romaleos suit wider feet. Romaleos are heavier and glue you to the floor (that may or may not suit your preference for Oly lifting). I'd be very surprised if you can't get Adipowers in NZ.
Pretty much this.

Adipowers for thinner feet. Are lighter and more comfortable.

Romaleos are heavier, wider, and feel a bit more stable.

If you have particularly wide feet go with Romaleos. In any other instance, whichever one you buy you will be 100% happy with it.

If ordering online, in both instances go with your normal shoe size for Adidas/Nike sneakers.

Pretty much this.

Adipowers for thinner feet. Are lighter and more comfortable.

Romaleos are heavier, wider, and feel a bit more stable.

If you have particularly wide feet go with Romaleos. In any other instance, whichever one you buy you will be 100% happy with it.

If ordering online, in both instances go with your normal shoe size for Adidas/Nike sneakers.

Thanks for the insight gents. Based on what people are saying, I might have to give the Romaleos a nudge.

I've got a pair of romaleos ive hardly used you can have em for $50

Ooh. What size?

Thanks for the insight gents. Based on what people are saying, I might have to give the Romaleos a nudge.

There is only one acceptable colour choice.
volt-nike-romaleos-web2.jpg

Romaleos 3 rumored to be coming out early next year, if you are into having the newest. That may also mean cheap 2's.

If you are ok with used shoes, you can find both Adipowers and Romaleos pretty cheap on ebay if you are patient. I got my Adipowers for $58, they were basically new.

Any of you guys tried the reverse sear/oven method for steaks?? I've only just now tried it and my life is full of regret for not having done it sooner.

The reverse sear method starts with a seasoned steak cooking in a low oven (250°F) until the internal temperature hits 125°F. This can take about 45 to 55 minutes. After a brief rest, the steak is then seared on a smoking-hot cast-iron skillet for just 45 seconds per side! - As per googles

Any of you guys tried the reverse sear/oven method for steaks?? I've only just now tried it and my life is full of regret for not having done it sooner.

Eaten one, but never done it myself.

Alright, you panty-sniffing turd burglars, listen up.

Recommendations on Oly shoes? Hard to find any outside of Inov-8 Fast Lifts in NZ, so will probably have to bite the bullet to ship some in from overseas. Everything's expensive as fuck to get here, but I'd still rather not have to pay top dollar. Having said that, I had a friend who recommends the Nike Romaleos- "buy once, cry once".

Any input?

For only shoes I just use my wei rui warriors. I have a pair of inov8 f lite 250s though that I just got, they have a higher heel but it's still an all around shoe.

Wei rui warriors are cheap though.

Walk us through it Dan O.

Very much like ol boy posted but I found right away, as would be expected, it varies with steak type. It's definitely more suited to thicker cuts.

I just did a tri tip that was heavenly. Perfectly pink throughout except for a little bit of the thin hind end.

I let it sit out to get at room temperature for about 20 min. Then, sliced up some garlic. Maybe 20 pieces, 1/16 of an inch thick. I then cut thin strips into both sides of the meat and inserted one or two garlic slices into each slot.

Then I started preheating the oven to 275 while I covered the steak in sea salt, pepper, and diced fresh rosemary.

Once the oven was ready to go I put the meat directly on the top rack with a pan on the rack below to catch drippings.

I also put a couple of slices, not full pads, of Kerry gold butter on top.

At 35 Min I started warming up the skillet to an 8 on 1-10 with a tbsp of butter and more cut up rosemary.

At minute 40, with the pan smoking I took out the steak and tossed it in the pan. I kept pressure on the steak with a fork for 30 seconds on each side.

Then right to serving.

I swear on my life it's the best cut of meat I've ever had in my life. I tried it first with a thinner rib eye and over did it slightly. But it was still very, very good.

Very much like ol boy posted but I found right away, as would be expected, it varies with steak type. It's definitely more suited to thicker cuts.

I just did a tri tip that was heavenly. Perfectly pink throughout except for a little bit of the thin hind end.

I let it sit out to get at room temperature for about 20 min. Then, sliced up some garlic. Maybe 20 pieces, 1/16 of an inch thick. I then cut thin strips into both sides of the meat and inserted one or two garlic slices into each slot.

Then I started preheating the oven to 275 while I covered the steak in sea salt, pepper, and diced fresh rosemary.

Once the oven was ready to go I put the meat directly on the top rack with a pan on the rack below to catch drippings.

I also put a couple of slices, not full pads, of Kerry gold butter on top.

At 35 Min I started warming up the skillet to an 8 on 1-10 with a tbsp of butter and more cut up rosemary.

At minute 40, with the pan smoking I took out the steak and tossed it in the pan. I kept pressure on the steak with a fork for 30 seconds on each side.

Then right to serving.

I swear on my life it's the best cut of meat I've ever had in my life. I tried it first with a thinner rib eye and over did it slightly. But it was still very, very good.

giphy.gif

God damn Dan O that sounds incredible. I have a ceramic griddle pan and I usually just hand rub salt and pepper into the steak, slice a little butter for the pan and blast the steak medium rare. Let it rest for a couple minutes while I clean the pan then serve it up.

I have seared the meat for 30 seconds then finished it in the oven, I do that for tougher/cheaper cuts, but I have a 12oz rump steak in my freezer that I might use as an experiment on this.

Motivational Speech - "Breath into your balls and…:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back