Donald Trump challenges Rex Tillerson to compare IQ tests after 'Moron' comment

OMFG this is getting ridiculous, it's hard to even find the words to react to Trump sometimes.
Trumptulescent.

actors_studio.jpg.cf.jpg

You said that 145 was 1 in 700 people but your small Podunk HS in rural America had 4 of them in you're graduating class?

An IQ of 145 is 3 standard deviations from the norm (100), which means that a person with that score is in the 99.7th percentile. (So 3 out of every thousand people would have an IQ of 145 or greater)

To provide some context, California has 39,368 people with an IQ of 145 or greater based on its population of 39,250,017.

I was in the gifted program growing up, and the cut off for admission was an IQ of 140. I knew at least 5 people personally who scored in the 150s. With that being said, I think an IQ test isn't a particularly useful measure of intelligence. I would argue that emotional intelligence is a better predictor of success than an IQ score.

P.S: I would be genuinely shocked if Trump has an IQ in the 140s. He is a shrewd business man and has an uncanny ability to resonate with the "common man". However, based on what we have seen to date during his presidency, he doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb.

Peterson is a bright guy and I generally like him but he is completely discounting the very likely possibility that Trump is a con man. That would explain everything he's accomplished.

All Peterson would have to do to understand that Trump is nearly as smart as he claims is to listen to him speak.

This guy sounds like a fucking moron

He is saying Donald has done so many complex things in his life and then credits being a reality TV star

what a fucking moron, like the guy in your av LOL

Dont you know?

Jordan Peterson is God of the Internet, he is all knowing. So if he says Trump is smart ,Trump is smart... OK?

Dont you know?

Jordan Peterson is God of the Internet, he is all knowing. So if he says Trump is smart ,Trump is smart... OK?

Peterson be like "Do I think Trump is smart? I dont think I'm qualified to speak on the complexities of what someone would call intelligence."

What?

Peterson be like "Do I think Trump is smart? I dont think I'm qualified to speak on the complexities of what someone would call intelligence."

What?

Yeah Peterson is pathetic.

Last edited:
An IQ of 145 is 3 standard deviations from the norm (100), which means that a person with that score is in the 99.7th percentile. (So 3 out of every thousand people would have an IQ of 145 or greater)

To provide some context, California has 39,368 people with an IQ of 145 or greater based on its population of 39,250,017.

I was in the gifted program growing up, and the cut off for admission was an IQ of 140. I knew at least 5 people personally who scored in the 150s. With that being said, I think an IQ test isn't a particularly useful measure of intelligence. I would argue that emotional intelligence is a better predictor of success than an IQ score.

P.S: I would be genuinely shocked if Trump has an IQ in the 140s. He is a shrewd business man and has an uncanny ability to resonate with the "common man". However, based on what we have seen to date during his presidency, he doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb.

3 standard deviations = 99.74, but this is for outside the mean, not above. Common mistake, apparently even for those with phds in statistic heavy fields. :)

For above the mean, it would go
1 standard deviation = 84.1
2 standard deviations = 97.5
3 standard deviations = 99.87

99.87 rarity is about 1/741.

Last edited:
Trump is only responding to an attack, being called a moron (which is an actual IQ measurement).

Most people probably don't even know that moron/imbecile/idiot is an actual IQ classification. Just the fact that Trump recognized that proves that he is probably smarter than most people.

He gets called a moron (an IQ classification), he responds by saying let's compare IQ tests. Where's the ego? All I see is a president that doesn't take insults and sleights. Like an actual regular person, rather than a POS cutthroat politician.

I´m sure that´s it. Donald is referencing 1 out of like 20 IQ scales (Levine and Marks 1928). One that was just published in a book and never widely used. looool

The Wechsler scale does not use these terms. The Wechsler IQ tests for children and for adults are the most frequently used individual IQ tests in the English-speaking world

Trump is just a moron who lashes out at any perceived slights like an angry 12 year old.

Back