Don't know how else to post this. Top Gun.

fluffball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
One of my classmates in an exclusive college program was the commanding officer of the carrier that Top Gun was filmed on. He gave the order to paint "Maverick" and whatever on the planes. A Kenny Loggins Top Gun video came up on recommended YouTube and I don't have anyone to share it with. I'm like almost famous except I have nothing to do with it.

tolkan_james_top_gun_46138l.jpg

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. Dude was the expected dick, absolutely zero fun, always kind of a twat and expected people to listen to him as though he was a commanding officer on a major aircraft carrier even though he was retired.

Could you tell that story again?

One of my classmates in an exclusive college program was the commanding officer of the carrier that Top Gun was filmed on. He gave the order to paint "Maverick" and whatever on the planes. A Kenny Loggins Top Gun video came up on recommended YouTube and I don't have anyone to share it with. I'm like almost famous except I have nothing to do with it.
So your friend went to the Naval Academy? And is 70 year old? On a side note the guy Kelly McGillis (Charlie) was having dinner with at the club, was the real life Viper.

So your friend went to the Naval Academy? And is 70 year old? On a side note the guy Kelly McGillis (Charlie) was having dinner with at the club, was the real life Viper.

I assume he's dead now, he was old when I knew him.

I still don’t understand what the OP is telling me. Your friend was in a college program, and as part of that college program he commanded an aircraft carrier? That doesn’t sound right.

Wow. My adviser's father was Roosevelt's personal doctor... you don't see me making threads about it.

Although maybe I should. ;)

Back