Don't Open 'Til Doomsday!!!

Getting heavy from eating too many cookies is different than getting heavy from lifting. :D

Im too far away for you to hurt me...at least for today. Nice job on the 35 blobber holmes!!

I think its actually from all of that free beer Israel brings over.

Blue Monster can + 5lb DB shoulder complexes

bench press
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5 x 5
135 x 10 paused

push press
95 x 5
135 x 5 x 3 tweaked my neck pretty bad during the last set so I called it quits

sledge levering
back n forth higher volume choked pretty far down away from the head
some lifts from the floor, head out front, low volume
choked to end of handle, head out back lifts from floor, low volume

My neck is effed. Turning it side to side hurts, same with bending it forward, backward or side to side. I pretty much cant move my head without it hurting. The pain is coming from the area of the largest vertabrae. I cant tell if its a muscle or if its actually my spine. On a scale from 1 - 10 the pain is at a solid 7. Ive hurt my neck in BJJ before so Im getting used to this.
Took a few ibuprofen.

Yikes! Sorry to hear that man. If it's omnidirectional I would guess you legitimately just need a chiro adjustment to relieve a lot of the symptoms. Then it would be a good idea to figure out what in your neck/shoulder musculature is so imbalanced it causes your neck to go out.

Good luck and heal up fast!

Yikes! Sorry to hear that man. If it's omnidirectional I would guess you legitimately just need a chiro adjustment to relieve a lot of the symptoms. Then it would be a good idea to figure out what in your neck/shoulder musculature is so imbalanced it causes your neck to go out.

Good luck and heal up fast!

Took your advice and made an appointment with a chiro tomarrow.

Ive seen so much on the news about how getting your neck "adjusted". Reporters made it sound very dangerousand said it caused some people to have a stroke if I remember right. Should I be worried?

Chiro said I may have pinched nerve. There was an awkward moment when he was rubbing the back of my neck and commenting on how big and hard my muscles are:icon_neut. Getting a MRI tomarrow.

at work

CoC grippers
#1 5 x 2
#2 R x 3 L x finger nail width from being closed
#2 R x 2 L x same
#2 R x 3 L x 1
#2 R x 2 L x finger nail width width
#1.5 R x 5 L x 4
#1 x 5

3/4 one arm chin, not lock out at bottom 1 x 3
did a couple of chins from being locked out at bottom, almost got half way up

Climbed harder today than I have in a while. Worked on a V4 on the 30 degree bouldering wall thats been bugging me. Stamina is bad, only had half a dozen tries on it before my forearms were to shot to keep going.

BW 167

Felt weak on the grippers. Yesterday I felt strong but I kinda have a rotation Im trying to stick to.
Day 1 grippers
Day 2 blobs
Day 3 sledge levering
Repeat
The only goals I have for grip work is to close the #2.5, lift a 40lb blob and front lever my 6lb sledge, at the end of the handle from the ground within the next couple of months.

Last edited:
Warmed up with 30lb blob.

35lb blob
full lift x 3 x 1
full lift + 3-5 second hold x 1 x 3

30lb blob
ring and pinky lifts
ring and middle lifts
middle and finger lifts

3/4 of a one arm pullups + another half of a pullup x 1, not as much ROM with my left
5 muscle ups directly after

tore a deck of cards... ugly tear
trying to tear them out in front of me in one motion

Got X-ray on neck. Chiro said its in the mid stages of degeneration or something. Absolutely no curve in the cervical section. Anyway, he adjusted it(his reaction to its lack mobility was scary), I need to come back a few more times for the same, feels alittle better.

chin ups havent done any weighted pullups in a long time, DB in between legs = pain in the ass
bw x 5
25 x 5
50 x 5
75 x 5 explosive considering the weight
100 x 5 rep PR I think, havent kept track
120 x 1

bench press
bar x 10
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5 x 4
185 x 4
Pissed I didnt get the 5x5, been a short term goal

35lb blob
5 x 3 full lift
x 5 second hold

30lb blob
x 15 second hold
few lifts by the face, few cleans

Sorry to hear about the neck. I would get 2nd and 3rd opinion regarding the neck if they recommend anything drastic.

Nice lifting.

Crazy good weighted chins! That's fucking beastly.

Thanks guys.

Rode my bike maybe 10 miles today. Ride was a bit hilly. Didnt feel so out of shape this time.

Closed the CoC #2 a couple of times. Wasnt feelin it today.

Sleeping in the woods tonight. Testing out all new gear I bought for Yellowstone.

tent
MSR Hubba + footprint

sleeping bag
High Peak Designs Extreme Pak 0 degrees
- if youre in the market for a new bag I suggest you take a look at this one. There sold on ebay for 70$. Its synthetic, weighs 3lbs. Not very light and compact but for the price its pretty good.

sleeping pad
Thermarest z-lite

bicycle
close to 15 miles. Mostly flat. Was a beautiful day. Really recharged my battery to soak up all that sunlight and get that fresh air moving through my blood.

sledge hammer levering
Choked close to the head on all motions. Side to side, front n back. High volume.

Road 5 miles to gym, sippin on blue Monster can(took a B-complex before I left).

BW 164

dead lift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 1 form was perfect
455 x 1 x 3 + belt, form wasnt so perfect
425 x 3

bench press
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 5 x 3
185 x 4
185 x 3
sigh

box jump challenge
18" box, 65 jumps = 1170, my girl is beating me, I cant allow this

glute bridge
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3 + bellt, sloppy

leg curl machine one leg at a time
30 x 15
50 x 10
70 x 5
1 minute rests

looooong shoulder complexes with 10lb DBs and cabble machine

ride home 5 miles

2.5 hours in gym + 1 hour on bike

CoC grippers
#1 x 10
#2 R x 4 L x 1
#2 R x 3 L x 1
#2 R x 3 L x 1
#2 R x 2 L x 1
#2 R x 1 L x 1 + 10 second hold
#1.5 x 5

:icon_cheesteak time:icon_chee

It moved fast with no hitching, so good work there. The degree of rounding scares me, keep an eye on that.

You also have some sort of Borg module emerging on your jawline. Might want to get that checked out.

The Employee Recreation Program is responsible for the operation of all gym facilities in the park, which vary depending on location. Our goal is to have these facilities conveniently available to employees so that they can work out, have fun or relax. These facilities are restricted to employee use only, with the exception of times that they are booked for special functions.

These gyms house a variety of equipment that we invite you to come in and use. Although the equipment and space varies in each Recreation Hall, the following is a list of what can be found in Recreation Halls around the park:

An area dedicated to aerobic & exercise equipment: free weights, weight machines, squat racks, weight benches, treadmills and elliptical machines
A lending library as well as benches, couches or chairs for relaxing and reading
Ping pong tables, pool tables, and pianos

Worry no more. Yellowstone will have squat racks!!!!!!

Nice DLing. Try get your hips back more and you can just start and keep hips high throughout the set up. You may also want to experiment with your foot angle. (in squats most people like to slightly angle out their feet while in DLing it may be better off to keep the feet straight out)

:icon_twis
Nice DLing. Try get your hips back more and you can just start and keep hips high throughout the set up. You may also want to experiment with your foot angle. (in squats most people like to slightly angle out their feet while in DLing it may be better off to keep the feet straight out)

It doesnt look like it but Ive been trying to keep my hips further back. Ive had the problem of being to far forward, sort of off balance at the begining of the pull. Cant seem to shake it.

BJJ class today.

Just bullied a bunch of white belts around again. There all my size or bigger so I dont feel THAT bad :icon_twis
Some big(250lbs is big to me) spaztic kid flopped backwards (in a completly useless movement that nobody could have anticipated) with me on his back in sumo stance. It twisted my knee pretty good, enough to make me grimace and see flashes of me staring at a barbell, crying with a cast on my leg in my head lol. It doesnt hurt at all, just doesnt feel right when it moves at angles or twists alittle. Its probably nothing.

Its true when they say white belts are more dangerous than black belts.

- Road 12 miles today. To work and back.

- bent 3 60d nails within 10 minutes at work. I really dont enjoy bending all that much, I just got an urge today.

- muscle up ladder to 4, got lazy. On rings.

- knee isnt hurt. My entire lower leg is a bit jacked up, from my ankle up my calf to my knee feels strained, but it isnt anything serious.

Back