Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

I enjoy the Doom 2016 multiplayer despite its shortcomings. I will be elated if they improve it in Eternal.

I'm currently replaying it on Nightmare (already beat it on Nightmare once) with the glory kill indicator and HUD off. It's brutal but so fucking fun, still.
They are still stunned when you can glory kill them though right or not?

I I want to try an ultra nightmare play though, I played most of the way through on nightmare when it was released and haven’t touched it much since. Started a play through a couple weeks back and just played a few hours. But was trying to get all the challenges done each level.

They are still stunned when you can glory kill them though right or not?

I I want to try an ultra nightmare play though, I played most of the way through on nightmare when it was released and haven’t touched it much since. Started a play through a couple weeks back and just played a few hours. But was trying to get all the challenges done each level.
They're still stunned.

When I get through the game on this run I might try an Ultra Nightmare play through, not sure if I'm up for that kind of savagery though. If I do I'm going to play through each section on Nightmare first, making sure I can consistently get through it without dying, then swap over to Ultra and beat the same section.

They're still stunned.

When I get through the game on this run I might try an Ultra Nightmare play through, not sure if I'm up for that kind of savagery though. If I do I'm going to play through each section on Nightmare first, making sure I can consistently get through it without dying, then swap over to Ultra and beat the same section.

I don’t think you can save on ultra nightmare can you? I thought you had to power through and when you died you went back to the beginning?

I don’t think you can save on ultra nightmare can you? I thought you had to power through and when you died you went back to the beginning?
I'll have to read the description again, I thought you could save but if you died you went back to the beginning. I could definitely be wrong though

I just loaded up Doom and checked and it says you can save upon beating missions.

Does anyone ever feel like Doom Guy is the real demon whenever you play the game?

Does anyone ever feel like Doom Guy is the real demon whenever you play the game?
checks_out

Eh my phones being a ho.

Image says,

Dark souls, you are trappped in a room with Demons.

Doom , demons are trapped in a room with YOU

Nope hes just doing what the demons would do to humans just 100x worst

Demons? You mean walking health packs?

Bought it for 10 bucks the other day, loving it so far. I don't know if I can go back to other shooters now that I've played the run and gun masterpiece.

Bought it for 10 bucks the other day, loving it so far. I don't know if I can go back to other shooters now that I've played the run and gun masterpiece.
None of the others have ever felt like the pure destruction you can bring in any doom game including the first one.

There is just something about it that makes it rock.

Almost all I play is FPS, and the doom series has always been my favorite since the beginning

None of the others have ever felt like the pure destruction you can bring in any doom game including the first one.

There is just something about it that makes it rock.

Almost all I play is FPS, and the doom series has always been my favorite since the beginning
Yeah, there are so many options for carnage, it's tough going back to hiding behind chest high walls.

I enjoy the Doom 2016 multiplayer despite its shortcomings. I will be elated if they improve it in Eternal.
Is the multiplayer still active for it?

I didn’t play the multiplayer much but it was fun

There is still a small community for it. If you're on PC it shouldn't be too hard to get a game going.

There is still a small community for it. If you're on PC it shouldn't be too hard to get a game going.
I haven’t gamed on a pc since quake 2 , console sucker for right now.

That might change since I’m building a pc for video editing etc that might play games decent.

So far I’ve only got a case and a gpu, still researching cpu’s And mobo’s.

I have a 1050 ti, at 1080p it might do ok.

If found a few good deals locally on 1070 ti’s I might just grab one of those instead.

980 ti’s can be pretty easily as well. It the power draw turns me off on those.

Edit: I’m also thinking the doom multi might heat up a bit right before eternal release possibly as well.

Ive got to be so out of practice with a keyboard and mouse though that I might be the lone asswhole playing on a pc with an Xbox controller lol.

I haven’t gamed on a pc since quake 2 , console sucker for right now.

That might change since I’m building a pc for video editing etc that might play games decent.

So far I’ve only got a case and a gpu, still researching cpu’s And mobo’s.

I have a 1050 ti, at 1080p it might do ok.

If found a few good deals locally on 1070 ti’s I might just grab one of those instead.

980 ti’s can be pretty easily as well. It the power draw turns me off on those.

Edit: I’m also thinking the doom multi might heat up a bit right before eternal release possibly as well.

Ive got to be so out of practice with a keyboard and mouse though that I might be the lone asswhole playing on a pc with an Xbox controller lol.

GL man. GPU price seem to be normalizing and the IIRC the next batch of nVidia stuff is around the corner.

GL man. GPU price seem to be normalizing and the IIRC the next batch of nVidia stuff is around the corner.
Gpu prices on high end stuff is going back up where I am now.

For about a month a few weeks back miners were ditching high power gpu’s at bargain basment prices trying to get out fast and recoupe some coin.

Many of them were still sealed in the box that hadn’t even been opened and mined with yet.

I missed the boat on some smoking deals while I was dragging my feat figuring out how much gpu I really needed.

Like 1080 ti’s unopened for under 400.00

I found a 1070 ti for 200 the other day but missed out on it wasn’t quick enough(was traveling trough another area).

I think I can get one for under 250 though. And through my 1050 ti in my budget build and sell easily.

(I’m building two computers, one extreme budget build to run some tests on a see what I really need and a good build. That way if I fry anything on the potatoe build learning I won’t have burnt anything good up lol)

I haven't been on it in a couple months or so but I'm sure it still is.

I find the multiplayer to be very flawed but still a lot of fun. I really like some of the modes and I think the level design is largely fantastic. In one level when you get outside the main complex the gravity lowers. I like environmental fluctuations like that, it helps keep the levels fresh.

Back