Doom is 25 Years Old Today

25 years young. The game ages like fine wine. Still as fun to pick up and play as it was the first day I played it.

Doom Eternal can't come soon enough.

Shareware E1M8 was my Kobayashi Maru.

You couldn’t beat the two Barons of Hell?

Couldn't beat the black room of death that you teleported into at the end. The shareware version sent you there instead of into the Deimos episode.
The kicker was you weren't supposed to survive the room, it was just intended as a funnier ending than "thank you, this concludes the shareware, buy the game if you want to play the next episode".
10-year old me wasn't aware of that though, I just thought there was some secret tactic you were supposed to figure out.

You noob!

Couldn't beat the black room of death that you teleported into at the end. The shareware version sent you there instead of into the Deimos episode.
The kicker was you weren't supposed to survive the room, it was just intended as a funnier ending than "thank you, this concludes the shareware, buy the game if you want to play the next episode".
10-year old me wasn't aware of that though, I just thought there was some secret tactic you were supposed to figure out.

You noob!
I was like “Jesus this level is hard”
Lol.

What did y'all think about the novels?

It was great, but it doesn't hold up at all. You can't even look up or down.
With a source port like GZDoom, you can play it exactly like a modern FPS: WASD to move, space to jump, CTRL to crouch, full mouselook, etc.

You noob!

Ah, I see. Actually even with the full version of the game you still got teleported to that room to get massacred by the invisible demons. In Doom anytime you finished an episode it would just come to an end, it wouldn’t send you to the beginning of the next episode. So there was no reason to change how that particular teleported function from shareware to full version.

Ever since the latest Doom came out, i dont see a reason, other than atmosphere, to ever revisit Doom3.

Am i a traitor?

Doom 3? As in the 2004 game? No, not at all.
Good. It was good but we were still starving for another Doom. Once the dust settled, i still had more fun with the 1st 2.

Doom 3 focused 'in survival horror, which is good, it does fit, but a fps is a fps, and both Doom games abruptly.

Ever since the latest Doom came out, i dont see a reason, other than atmosphere, to ever revisit Doom3.

Am i a traitor?

Doom 3? As in the 2004 game? No, not at all.

I’ll play it through again here soon, I haven’t touched it in YEARS

I only play 2016 and a Doom 2 mod on my pc currently.

But I have planed a complete play through back to back from the beginnng ever since Eternal was announced.

Quake con this year when they unveiled the eternal gameplay was awesome.

I’ll play it through again here soon, I haven’t touched it in YEARS

I only play 2016 and a Doom 2 mod on my pc currently.

But I have planed a complete play through back to back from the beginnng ever since Eternal was announced.

Quake con this year when they unveiled the eternal gameplay was awesome.

I did a play through of Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 and Doom 2016 in order in August 2016. I still think Doom 2 is my favourite.

I did a play through of Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3 and Doom 2016 in order in August 2016. I still think Doom 2 is my favourite.
I did 1/2 and skipped 3 and resurrection of evil before 2016

You should play Final Doom for TNT: Evilution.

my childhood friend and i used to steal his moms laptop to go hide and play doom. Doom is the 2nd greatest game of all time.

the best is playing doom again as an adult, you get so confused when goats are firing rocket launchers at you

You should play Final Doom for TNT: Evilution.

I wasn't too crazy about Final Doom. I know it was just two new episodes and it was more difficult, but I didn't care for a lot of the maps besides "Go 2 It", "Hunted", "Deepest Reaches" and a few others.

Back