Reaction score
DOOM Trailer

DOOM Gameplay

Co-op

Multiplayer

DOOM in hell

Last edited:
[YT]JTfe7V-_3r0[/YT]

With invites going out earlier this week, Bethesda has confirmed that the first Doom alpha test will run from Friday, October 23 at 12:01am ET until Sunday, October 25 at 11:59pm ET.

Bethesda posted a gameplay video of the closed alpha (above), and Executive Producer Marty Stratton talked about what's included:
Participants will square off in 6v6 Team Deathmatch on the Heatwave map. Using a limited arsenal of 6 weapons and 2 pieces of equipment, players can choose a pre-set loadout or customize their own loadout before jumping into arena-style combat in this industrial-themed map.
You’ll also find some game changers in the arena, including the Demon Rune (transforms you into a Revenant with dual rocket launchers and a jetpack), the Gauss Cannon (can destroy a foe in a single blast), and power-ups like Quad Damage and Invisibility.

Bethesda says, “Much of this initial Closed Alpha is dedicated to assessing how real people connect to servers, systems and the back-end infrastructure needed to operate the game. In other words, all the technical stuff that’s essential to helping id’s vision for Doom come to life.”

There will be more Doom tests as they approach launch in spring 2016, with the big beta coming in 2016.

The Multiplayer Alpha is this weekend. Got a code for the PS4 version :D

Doom co-op gonna be like:

Ies7ZpX.gif

Holy shit, it looks so good. Multiplayer reminds me of old Doom/Quake. I can't wait.

for the love of god anyone have a code i can get?!?!?! xbox one!!!

Looks excellent so far.

Goddamn that reveal got me hyped. It was fun listening to that entire theater react to it. The footage from Hell was exactly what I was looking for. Relentless, fast paced action that's over the top brutal.

Level creator sounds like so much damn fun. I can't wait to see what the community can come up with.

That said, this game needs to run at 60fps. Scale down the graphics all you need to for the console versions but they'd better be running at a high, stable framerate.

Cannot fucking wait. Looks like Quake 2. This will be the game that brings ID back.

Goddamn that reveal got me hyped. The footage from Hell was exactly what I was looking for. Relentless, fast paced action that's over the top brutal.

Level creator sounds like so much damn fun. I can't wait to see what the community can come up with.

That said, this game needs to run at 60fps. Scale down the graphics all you need to for the console versions but they'd better be running at a high, stable framerate.

id will make it happen. They know how important frame rate when it comes to a smooth FPS experience.

I also fully expect Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom to be recreated within a year of release using SnapMap.

Last edited:
vYOLMBL.gif

zjuPMbc.gif

Last edited:
30 seconds into the hell video you can see a pair of cacodemons floating by.

Looks like Doom 3 with the brightness turned up

Looked good, but nothing special. Wolfenstein with a Doom skin.

The chainsaw looks brutal, This games action looks like it runs much faster than wolfenstein imo.

Looking forward to it.

You're blind.

On the subject of my eyesight I'm seeing enemies now explode in a shower of items instead of gibs? Is this some kind of hallucination bro?

On the subject of my eyesight I'm seeing enemies now explode in a shower of items instead of gibs? Is this some kind of hallucination bro?

You're not wrong. It does look a lot like Doom 3. The tech_base portion the showed is similar. The hell knight is practically identical to the one in doom 3. I expect you will be able to disable item indicators.

Edit: At 01:14:00 of the hell video you can see a weapon switch without using the wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah it did feel familiar in that sense. The gameplay looks very different though and like what Doom should be.

Minor nitpick, but one thing that annoys me about these kinds of trailers is that the guy playing it moves his crosshair around like he's panning a camera for a movie. I know he's trying to showcase the game, but all I can think is "what a fucking noob".

Minor nitpick, but one thing that annoys me about these kinds of trailers is that the guy playing it moves his crosshair around like he's panning a camera for a movie. I know he's trying to showcase the game, but all I can think is "what a fucking noob".

Yeah it's obvious this is a heavily scripted demo. I saw a lot of player errors so at least it could be a playable demo.

For the beta I'm not in.

Why is it so god damn bright? Takes out a lot of the atmosphere.

Back