Dota 2 - The International 2018 Main Event

If you don't have prior RTS experience it's hard to get into a flow and the learning curve is way higher.

I played some Warcraft 3 game types
That were the precursor to these MOBAs with a friend and he was considerably better than me, I imagined it would have been much more fun if my time management and multitasking were on his level.

Im really good at RTS always have been but I never understood why lol and dota became popular. I would even rank Smite above them. I found them to just be boring

When will the CSGO Valve Majors get some love from Gaben?

Had to work yesterday and im chilling with extended family at the pool today. Dont play Dota or LoL but i do watch the TI.

Im really good at RTS always have been but I never understood why lol and dota became popular. I would even rank Smite above them. I found them to just be boring

Smite is pretty damn bland and boring compared to Dota 2. I did like the 3rd person style of it but it's just a shallow game compared to Dota.

Anyone following this tourney that plays?

I watched some matches on twitch and it had a lot of viewers. Didn't really know the high level game mechanics but was enjoying the production and the competition.

Smite is nothing compared to DOTA and League. You probably should play them for a bit to really "get" them. I actually uninstalled DOTA 3 times before the addiction ever took hold. It is basically the only game I play now.

I watched some matches on twitch and it had a lot of viewers. Didn't really know the high level game mechanics but was enjoying the production and the competition.
Yeah whats up? I play all the time.

Ive
Just wondering what your thoughts were on the tourney? Have you watched any matches?
Ive not. Going to start watching the main event matches tonight probably. Work has been a bitch for me this week. Do you play?

One thing to note is high level pro game play is far different than typical pubs. They do stuff that wont ever work for us mortals, and the importance of team training and coordination really shines through in these matches.

Ive

Ive not. Going to start watching the main event matches tonight probably. Work has been a bitch for me this week. Do you play?

One thing to note is high level pro game play is far different than typical pubs. They do stuff that wont ever work for us mortals, and the importance of team training and coordination really shines through in these matches.

I need to build a gaming PC, I grew up PC gaming but I have been on PS4 for the past few years and wasn't gaming much for a while before that.

My little brother plays DOTA and I played a lot of Paragon on PS4 so I am familiar with the basic concepts but I don't know heroes or anything about the scene.

Hopefully I'll get set up and start dabbling in these modern MOBAs soon.

I have been thoroughly enjoying watching the matches so far which was actually surprising. And yeah these guys are insane, I remember playing the Warcraft 3 game modes with a buddy that were the precursor to these games and I couldn't keep up at all with the multitasking and map awareness.

Yeah I've been following the whole tournament

What are your thoughts?

On the tournament? It's been great so far. I'm enjoying this meta as the games aren't going to quick or taking to long. I'm rooting for EG so I'm hoping they can go all the way. Really want an LGD/EG final. The All Star match sucked this year, though.

LGD just trounced EG, fuuuuck haha

Time for LGD vs OG Grand Finals

Stopped playing or caring about it many years ago, got to watch it pretty much by chance (my mate is a fan and bets on the games)
... and damn, these finals were amazing, insanely close and intense games

Also its crazy how high the prize money got, they are winning more money than most fighters.

Last edited:
Watched first two games of the grand final but the time between matches is just too long.

That was a sick grand finale. I just got to finish game 5 today. OG fought tooth and nail to win those last two matches. I saw the turning point of each game. I wish I could play at that level or with people who had a clue about team work. Pubs are such a different beast.

Back