Dow last year under Obama vs First year under Trump. Trump

It's not that, it is just that, clearly, Obama's numbers don't really count because the economy was bad when he took office. While Trump's numbers do count--maybe even double--because the economy was good when he took office. Econ 101.

This is so laughable...

How much money was dumped into the economy to kick start that rebound?

Member the shovel ready jobs?

Peprege farm remembers...

President Trump is Enjoying the Greatest Stock Market Rally Ever – And It Keeps Getting Better! The DOW Is Now Up More Than 5000 points Since Election and 25%!

The Dow is up 27.3% since the election day. Is it your belief that that is the largest gain over that period of time ever? Because that would be extremely false. If that's not your belief, what the heck are you trying to say?

The Dow is up 27.3% since the election day. Is it your belief that that is the largest gain over that period of time ever? Because that would be extremely false. If that's not your belief, what the heck are you trying to say?

Jack, read the stats I just posted.

Jack, read the stats I just posted.

Your approach of throwing up a bunch of bullshit is just a waste of time. You made a claim that is objectively very false. This is not even close to the biggest rally ever--it's just in line with longer-term trends.

And Bob wriggles himself deeper into the quicksand that is an economy argument with Jack

RIP

First off, he did not leave it at 19k. He left it at 17388 I do believe (election day, remember when the media told everyone the market would crash if trump won. And yes the markets react to the incoming president, not the lame duck)

Average that gain over 8 years.

Now how much of that rebound was inevitable?

Obama didn't do terrible on the economy, but let's be real.

This is so laughable...

How much money was dumped into the economy to kick start that rebound?

Member the shovel ready jobs?

Peprege farm remembers...
Why are these caveats and mitigating factors involved during Obama's tenure, but nothing matters except the dow numbers under Trump? You can't have it both ways, dude.

The data I am looking at says 19,827.25 on Jan 20, 2017. Here's the trend in chart form again for you. For the record, I agree Obama did an ok job overall, for a variety of reasons. I just don't see where Trump has earned any special accolades for continuing the trend to this point. At best you can say he's also done an ok job on the economy, having not done much at all.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

e8b47391-b164-4ca3-a9cb-a14ce10b2b52.png

ETA: And to Jack's point, the increase since Trump took office isn't even the biggest in that time period on this chart, let alone in history, lol.

Last edited:
Your approach of throwing up a bunch of bullshit is just a waste of time. You made a claim that is objectively very false. This is not even close to the biggest rally ever--it's just in line with longer-term trends.

Why are these caveats and mitigating factors involved during Obama's tenure, but nothing matters except the dow numbers under Trump? You can't have it both ways, dude.

The data I am looking at says 19,827.25 on Jan 20, 2017. Here's the trend in chart form again for you. For the record, I agree Obama did an ok job overall, for a variety of reasons. I just don't see where Trump has earned any special accolades for continuing the trend to this point. At best you can say he's also done an ok job on the economy, having not done much at all.

ETA: And to Jack's point, the increase since Trump took office isn't even the biggest in that time period on this chart, let alone in history, lol.

I have to concede I was not basing it off percentage. I was going about it based on points added to the dow, which to be fair, has set multiple records for the most points in the shortest period of time.

That being said, you win this one Jack.

But

I don't think it's fair to use the immediate recovery after the plunge, in the comparison. It's as disingenuous as me stating anything from the first couple years of obama.

While jack was correct on the percentage, it's still stands that this rally has set records for the most points added in the shortest time.

JESUS H Christ. Take a look at a graph of the DOW since 1980 and you tell me what direction it’s gonna go. I’m telling you, there is a common denominator forming with the Trumpanzees.
retard.jpg

@bobgeese just looks information up that he previously knew nothing about and just vomits it out onto sherdog.

He does this in regards to just about every topic here.

He doesn't actually know anything, he just googles what he needs to know at that moment and pukes it up here.

@bobgeese just looks information up that he previously knew nothing about and just vomits it out onto sherdog.

He does this in regards to just about every topic here.

He doesn't actually know anything, he just googles what he needs to know at that moment and pukes it up here.

Weren't you voted worst poster?

JESUS H Christ. Take a look at a graph of the DOW since 1980 and you tell me what direction it’s gonna go. I’m telling you, there is a common denominator forming with the Trumpanzees.
retard.jpg

Do you deny that the economy has set multiple records for fastest points gained under Trump?

How progressive of you making fun of someone with downs...

I don't think it's fair to use the immediate recovery after the plunge, in the comparison. It's as disingenuous as me stating anything from the first couple years of obama.

While jack was correct on the percentage, it's still stands that this rally has set records for the most points added in the shortest time.
It's not a record in points either. Not that it matters, because talking about points without considering percentage when analyzing performance doesn't make any sense.

Here's another one for ya.

27811cad-d937-4803-b2ad-dd18482860f2.png

It's not a record in points either. Not that it matters, because talking about points without considering percentage when analyzing performance doesn't make any sense.

Here's another one for ya.

27811cad-d937-4803-b2ad-dd18482860f2.png

To say it's not a record in points is false, it set the fastest 2k in history.

That bush line...

Rapist or not, Bill Clinton had a nice ride.

Trump is so much better than Obama, that in couples of months the financial sector receive a boom.

All things is set to recover America great economy,close borders e deport illegals, Trump is the best in many decades.

Back