Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tumblr_static_2igua4x4og2scogcscgg0coko_1280_v2.jpg

[YT]4VCJfuY142I[/YT]

Link to v1...
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2528581

Last edited:
I generally don't pick up very many games so soon after release, but I may have to bite the bullet and pick this up this weekend. Either tonight or tomorrow. I was a little hesitant about it the first day or two because of some of the negativity surrounding it, although much less so now that those who've enjoyed it are finally pulling themselves away from the game and are voicing their opinions.

The lack of Blood Magic and the lack of the option to have a Spirit Healer are just odd when both are such major parts of the lore of the universe.

That said, when do you unlock specializations?

From what I have read...you have to be level 10 and at Skyhold...

All the hype is making me want to actually buy and finish the other DA games and then get Inquisition..haha

All the hype is making me want to actually buy and finish the other DA games and then get Inquisition..haha

You could never go wrong playing through Origins. I still play it at least once, maybe twice a year. One of my favourite games of all time. DA2 is an okay game as well, as long as you're not comparing it directly to Origins. It doesn't stack up. But I thought it was still a good enough game by itself, and from what I understand, is more directly related to DAI of the two when it comes to story and everything.

Too much liberal propaganda, Bio ware is leading a war against heterosexuality it seems. But it is a good game nevertheless.

Can't wait for Witcher 3, that will be better.

Too much liberal propaganda, Bio ware is leading a war against heterosexuality it seems. But it is a good game nevertheless.

Yeah the Witcher is pretty good about restoring the heterosexual balance

I still need to play through the first two. Picked up both of them this summer and only put about 6 hours into the first game before quitting for some reason I can't remember. It wasn't because I wasn't enjoying it because I was. I may have simply got sidetracked with something, lost the immersive feel and discontinued with it then. Will definitely get around to them eventually and more than likely he 3rd one as well as it looks pretty amazing from the few videos I've watched of it so far.

Anyone else playing the multiplayer? Running with a Keeper for the mage barrier support, but I keep getting good weapons for all the other classes. Working on unlocking one of the warriors that use a 2-hander since I have some blue weapons for it.

Still want to main the Keeper since I like playing group support. The first day there were tons of Keepers since there was only 3 classes to start. Now that people are unlocking the other classes I didn't see any in the couple matches I played after work today.

I've been playing it since launch, all I have to say is and I don't want to speak too soon, so don't quote me, but it might actually be better than Origins. That's dependant on how the overall story and ending ends up being(the gameplay is a hybrid version of DAO and DA2, but the tactical camera makes it even better, I'm a big fan of the Origins gameplay though) there's nothing that makes Origins more epic than the Archdemon battle. It's certainly a much more involved game given the sheer size and difficulty(I can finish Origins easily on Nightmare and it's only roughly 60 hours of gameplay) but this game is much more involved and arduous, I don't even know how many hours I'm going to clock in on one play through, over a hundred I'm guessing, probably more.

I think it's one of THE best GOTY for sure, but I'm pretty biased when it comes to DA.

I've played about 15 hours so far (working a lot) between multiplayer and campaign and I have to say this game would have a large uphill battle to overcome in my eyes to be GOTY simply because of how poorly optimized and how many crashing issues it's had for me. I almost shelved the game because of how hard it was to find settings that worked well enough to play the campaign. I have an IT background and I run most games on pretty high settings so having so much trouble just to get the game to a playable framerate was incredibly frustrating. It was probably the second worst game release as far as playability I've ever had behind F:NV for flat out pure unplayability. Worse yet I'm playing the game on such low settings it looks like it was released 10 years ago. I don't even care that much about graphics but when you bought top of the line hardware less than a year ago this really shouldn't be happening. I find this to be pretty unacceptable.

FROM software will have another GOTY title IMO.

I find that different to my own experience the graphics were bland at first so i maxed them and it was to slow, so i changed the good ones to high and the rest to moderate and i get a great looking smooth game. I have no IT background and cant tell you a thing about computer stuff, but it was not hard to get it running.

I find that different to my own experience the graphics were bland at first so i maxed them and it was to slow, so i changed the good ones to high and the rest to moderate and i get a great looking smooth game. I have no IT background and cant tell you a thing about computer stuff, but it was not hard to get it running.

I've looked into it a decent amount. It seems that if you have certain cards you are just SOL atm. This is the only game I have had this issue on as well as many others. It's just poor graphics optimization.

damn well that does suck, i can understand you experience now. Hopefully they can patch it so you can enjoy the game with out having to look at blurred lines for 40 plus hours.

every single time i stumble on purple drops and its not for my character, damn you RNG

I have only just started in ps4 and I think it looks great. This could be a time sink

anyone else but me getting framedrops during cutscenes? i normally dont have any framedrops during gameplay (on PC), maybe they decreased the fps on purpose when cutscenes appear for that extra "cinematic feel" lol

Downloading this now. Does it really push a PC agenda? I have no problems with homosexuals in games, and even playing as them. More power to it. But if it's really heavy handed and paints with crayons I'm going to be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back