Dragon Age: Inquisition, v2: GotY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the same way you did about 2H users until I got Grappling chain. I was able to pull any enemy right toward me and then when I went Reaver I fell in love with that class. Revear is so different from the other class I really like it.

I haven't gotten to the specializations yet, but I use Grapple Chain with Blackwall a lot. It's pretty useful, albeit a bit slow to get the stun if you have it upgraded.

I haven't gotten to the specializations yet, but I use Grapple Chain with Blackwall a lot. It's pretty useful, albeit a bit slow to get the stun if you have it upgraded.

Yea I actually skipped the stun didn't need it. I love grappling chain though because for crown control I basically use Dorians Fear/Panick but the enemies run around to out of control for me to do any damage so I just do Ring of Pain and then pull them into it and just wreck them.

Started last night and I must say this is much better then I was expecting. The game looks beautiful on the PS4. Only thing I don't like is that I'm really confused about a lot right now. That's all on me though because this is my first DA game and I know if I had played the other two, I would be able to follow much easier. Just wish I could change my characters name because I clicked on what I was thinking was going to allow me to change it but instead it just continued to the story.... Oh well I guess Maxwell it is then.

Trying to find the pieces for the Reaver specialization feels like such a chore.

Started last night and I must say this is much better then I was expecting. The game looks beautiful on the PS4. Only thing I don't like is that I'm really confused about a lot right now. That's all on me though because this is my first DA game and I know if I had played the other two, I would be able to follow much easier. Just wish I could change my characters name because I clicked on what I was thinking was going to allow me to change it but instead it just continued to the story.... Oh well I guess Maxwell it is then.

I posted this early and I think it's very helpful for new players. http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014...l-combo-guide/

The one thing I would suggest above all else is that Dragon Age game play is best when you approach it as chess game. Use the tactical camera and plan several moves at once to control the battlefield. The above link lays out the basics for how attacks complement each other.

I think people new to the series tend to want to play in real team and button mash. That will probably work on the easier modes, but it's so much more rewarding to up the difficulty and use the tactical camera to attack.

My favorite thing to do in this game is to try and find ways to kill the enemies before they even reach me.

Just read the wiki if you want to get the gist of the story.

Trying to find the pieces for the Reaver specialization feels like such a chore.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was using a +18% heal helmet most of the time and I was doing fine. I eventually got a belt to help too, but I don't think it's too necessary especially on Normal

How exactly do you pick who rules in Orlais? I played the damn quest but can't remember an explicit way to choose who rules

If you allow Celene to get assassinated then you get Gaspard or Gaspard controlled by Elf Lady. If you allow Celene to live then she's still the Queen. And if you have evidence against her, which requires using your halla statues on specific doors, then you can force her to work with the other 2.

I posted this early and I think it's very helpful for new players. http://www.brightsideofnews.com/2014...l-combo-guide/

The one thing I would suggest above all else is that Dragon Age game play is best when you approach it as chess game. Use the tactical camera and plan several moves at once to control the battlefield. The above link lays out the basics for how attacks complement each other.

I think people new to the series tend to want to play in real team and button mash. That will probably work on the easier modes, but it's so much more rewarding to up the difficulty and use the tactical camera to attack.

My favorite thing to do in this game is to try and find ways to kill the enemies before they even reach me.

I'm curious to read that article. Looks like their website is down right now.

EDIT: It's working now. Good article, I'll be sure to remember that.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was using a +18% heal helmet most of the time and I was doing fine. I eventually got a belt to help too, but I don't think it's too necessary especially on Normal

Nah I want to be a Reaver, the other two specs sound boring. Just finding all the parts is a bitch.

I would have liked to have all 3 rule but that quest was lame as shit. Will definitely make sure I do it on the next playthrough. Idk what to think of the ending. My initial thought was that Mythal did take over Solas. But so the Dread Wolf IS actually Solas or was he just taking over that body? If Mythal did take over Solas does that mean the Dread Wolf is gone? Maybe they fused together to become a super being? Idk man my Dragon Age lore is not at the highest level so idk what is possible and what is not

I think Mythal gave part of her power to Solas/Dread Wolf since he wants to make things right. They allude a lot to him doing something in the past which he thought was right at the time, locking up the elven gods in order to help the elves, but it just ended up screwing the elves even more. He's like the Anders before Anders but with elves instead of mages. Now he wants to correct that. So Mythal is going to live through him and Morrigan. In DA:O Morrigan is scared of being taken over by Flemeth and losing her personality but I think the daughter thing is just Mythal bonding to another body. Morrigan would still be Morrigan but with Mythal power and all her fears were unfounded. There was a theory I read about the old god souls in the Archdemons being parts of the other Elven gods and that's why Flemeth was so keen on sending Morrigan to do the ritual to get the old god soul in the baby.

Nah I want to be a Reaver, the other two specs sound boring. Just finding all the parts is a bitch.

I'ma Reaver too. Like I said I just had that +18% heal bonus helm (Inqusitor helm schematic) for most of the game. Dat dragon rage attack all day baby

Im reaver its pretty easy to build all the +healing and +bonus healing items. I didn't really have to look for anything just collect resouces as I saw them doing quest.

I don't know why but this game gives me nausea. very few games give me nausea and they're always 1st person shooting games

So someone mentioned Varric sucked and I decided to actually control him and see how he was. He was horrible I even had his weapon upgraded and he's just plain bad. Traded him out for Sera crafted her a bow and upgraded her tempest flask and she's doing more damage then anyone but me. You have to set the flask as preferred skills other wise the Ai is to picky about using them. Sad they made Varric so bad I liked his character and liked having him in my party.

If you update his weapon with a bunch of crit chance and crit damage bonus's he outdoes like EVERYONE in DPS.

If you update his weapon with a bunch of crit chance and crit damage bonus's he outdoes like EVERYONE in DPS.

Thats the thing updating his weapon is a pain having to look for the bianca arm upgrades. I did read somone got his bow up to 208 dps and like 40% crit chance but I dont want to go searching for all of that.

I pretty much got all of this except:

I drank from the well
Gaspard and Briala are ruling with Celene

BTW after the credits:

Did Mythal pass on to Solas from Flemeth??

People digging around in the game files found this note from the designers about the ending scene:

"This is Flemeth from the previous two games. In this game, Flemeth's story comes to a head -- she knew that Solas would summon her, and that he would need to steal her power to further his plans. She knew that because they are both elven gods...yet Solas has slept for a thousand years and his power dwindled, while she was killed long ago and a spark escaped from her into the body she now holds. She has nurtured that spark, and knew that Solas would need it. He was once her oldest friend, but she knows in his drive to save the elven people he will kill anyone -- even her. She intends to let him have the power, so long as she can pass the essence of her god-hood onto Morrigan, a gift Flemeth had always planned for her daughter yet one Morrigan misunderstood as hostile possession."

This is not an interpretation but an exact quote from the devs taken from the game itself, which is kind of odd but takes care of any speculation or confusion about the scene.

People digging around in the game files found this note from the designers about the ending scene:

This is not an interpretation but an exact quote from the devs taken from the game itself, which is kind of odd but takes care of any speculation or confusion about the scene.

Huh interesting, thanks for posting that. All I can say is that I'm hyped for the next game... which will probably not come out for another 2 years or so. I guess they are trying to build up Morrigan to essentially become a godly being. She's a pretty cool character so I'd be ok with that.

IF you make a Rogue do you still need to get Deft Hands perk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back