'Dragon Ball Fighterz' players get in here

Trying to figure out ways to set this up.

tumblr_ov5b95XNdf1usrgjso1_540.gif

been glued to my controller since 3. i’ve stayed offline for now because i suck, but still having fun working my way through the offline story & arcade modes. i’m just not super crazy about the auto-combo mechanic because it feels too rewarding for my shit gameplay against the cpu.

I was top 50 in the world today, but the severs being pretty hit or miss and I dropped out of the top 1000.

been glued to my controller since 3. i’ve stayed offline for now because i suck, but still having fun working my way through the offline story & arcade modes. i’m just not super crazy about the auto-combo mechanic because it feels too rewarding for my shit gameplay against the cpu.

If you spam auto combo against anyone with any amount of skill you will be wrecked.

If you spam auto combo against anyone with any amount of skill you will be wrecked.
yeah exactly. hence the “too rewarding for my shit gameplay against the cpu” comment. i’m trying to familiarize myself w/ the game mechanics by playing offline, but the story & arcade modes lack the difficulty curve to challenge or punish shit gameplay.

yeah exactly. hence the “too rewarding for my shit gameplay against the cpu” comment. i’m trying to familiarize myself w/ the game mechanics by playing offline, but the story & arcade modes lack the difficulty curve to challenge or punish shit gameplay.

Arcade mode would be better, it has variable difficulty depending on how good you are doing.

Having to press X every 2 seconds in the story mode just to advance the conversation is driving me nuts. Why can't they just let me passively watch the damn thing? It's really taking a lot of the enjoyment out to the point where I'm not sure I even want to continue with it.

Also not a fan of the auto combos.

The full DLC list leaked and I hate it.

Broly/Zamasu/Cooler/Vegito/Base Goku/Base Vegeta/17(Ranger)/Bardock.

This is all datamined so it is legit. New modes Z Union and Z League.
I hope they will touch on more DB Super stuff in a Season 2 Pass. If it happens.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-fighterz-datamined-dlc-characters-revealed.19232/

Im fine with it but I also havent watched dragon ball on at least 15 years so I dont have the same attachment to certain characters. I fell that no matter who was going to come out as season 1 DLC there would be a lot of angry people.

The combo challenges are extremely easy. That kind of sucks since I've always enjoyed those hard combo trials in other games, but whatever.

Damn jap fans asking for base form goku and vegeta. At this point we have 5 gokus. SS Goku, SSGSS Goku, Bardock, Goku Black, Base form Goku. In other words 5/32 are goku reskins

The full DLC list leaked and I hate it.

Broly/Zamasu/Cooler/Vegito/Base Goku/Base Vegeta/17(Ranger)/Bardock.

This is all datamined so it is legit. New modes Z Union and Z League.
I hope they will touch on more DB Super stuff in a Season 2 Pass. If it happens.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-fighterz-datamined-dlc-characters-revealed.19232/

Other than base Goku and Vegeta I see no issues. Definitely wanted Broly/Bardock/17/Cooler. Some more characters from the movies like Janemba or Bojack would be cool.

The combo challenges are extremely easy. That kind of sucks since I've always enjoyed those hard combo trials in other games, but whatever.

I just breezed through Tien's and yeah they are way too easy.

I just breezed through Tien's and yeah they are way too easy.

Guilty Gear has some easy combos to start with, but after you completed those there were some advanced ones using stuff like Roman Cancels. Maybe they should have done the same with this. They could have at least added harder combos such as ones that requires the player to use assists.

This game is fun as hell and looks amazing. I got it running 4K at MAX settings on a GTX1060 and its no problem 60FPS.

One thing I noticed is the character images in the lifebar are way lower resolution than everything else.

Like someone else said, being forced into a lobby rather than having a traditional menu is pretty annoying. You should have an option.

I'm okay with the DLC's except for reg Goku/Vegeta. I thought they said they weren't going to do that shit? I'd rather Kid Goku if anything. I was hoping they would bring back some original Dragon Ball guys like Tao Pai Pai or even throw Master Roshi in the mix.

Guilty Gear has some easy combos to start with, but after you completed those there were some advanced ones using stuff like Roman Cancels. Maybe they should have done the same with this. They could have at least added harder combos such as ones that requires the player to use assists.

They definitely need some sort of trials or training to help people learn how to utilize assists in longer combos

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev has GOAT level training modes. That game is a hell of a lot more complex than DBFZ though. I come from the oldschool fighting game world though, before there were tutorials and training modes. I prefer to see people come up with their own rather than copying ones the game shows you. Seems like it's way easier to get combo raped in fighting games these days, I'd rather people not get more help.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev has GOAT level training modes. That game is a hell of a lot more complex than DBFZ though. I come from the oldschool fighting game world though, before there were tutorials and training modes. I prefer to see people come up with their own rather than copying ones the game shows you. Seems like it's way easier to get combo raped in fighting games these days, I'd rather people not get more help.

The Street Fighter EX series had combo trials. I loved those.

As for combos, you could get hit with infinites depending on the game. The damage was a lot higher back then too.

As for long combos, well...

Back