'Dragon Ball Fighterz' players get in here

this is like the 300th generic fighting game that just looks like xmen vs street fighter or whatever started that trend.

i miss killer instinct.
Not really. This game is unique in its own right.

There is a newer Killer Instinct available although I'd argue DBFZ is a much better gameplay experience.

Not really. This game is unique in its own right.

There is a newer Killer Instinct available although I'd argue DBFZ is a much better gameplay experience.

not sure how it's unique. i watched ~3 minutes of video and it looked like the same as the others, mechanically.

and yeah, i know KI has a silly xbox reboot. but i don't have an xbox... and it also looks kind of bad.

not sure how it's unique. i watched ~3 minutes of video and it looked like the same as the others, mechanically.

and yeah, i know KI has a silly xbox reboot. but i don't have an xbox... and it also looks kind of bad.

At it's core, you're correct, it's not unique. DBFZ is a 3v3 fighter in the same vein as the VS series from Capcom. The difference is that ArcSys fucking nailed it while Capcom put out a steaming turd.

KI is on PC by the way but it's dead.

this is like the 300th generic fighting game that just looks like xmen vs street fighter or whatever started that trend.

i miss killer instinct.

As stated before, no it's not unique, but it's the really MVC sequel that people wanted. It has some differences and some things borrowed from Guilty Gear, but it's a good game.

And X-Men vs Street Fighter is still fun despite it's flaws.

@Gref @Crimson Fury

no worries. for what it's worth, i wasn't really trying to be complainy (at least, not about the game) - but i definitely see how it reads that way.

it actually looks decently fluid and etc, but i just don't really get excited about x-men vs sf-esque games, anymore.

@Gref @Crimson Fury

no worries. for what it's worth, i wasn't really trying to be complainy (at least, not about the game) - but i definitely see how it reads that way.

it actually looks decently fluid and etc, but i just don't really get excited about x-men vs sf-esque games, anymore.

I didn't take it that way. It really isn't unique. It just got so many things right.

The real hype though is that Dragon Ball finally got a legit fighting game made by a reputable company. Seriously, ArcSys hit a home run with this one. Whether your a fan of Dragon Ball or fighting games it's a must play imo.

I've got the newer KI on PC. It's actually not that bad and pretty damn fun. Ive just never been a huge fan of KI mechanics and playing a guessing game with the combo breakers. If you are a KI fan you're probably going to like it though.

@Gref @Crimson Fury

Nah, I didn't see it as a complaint. On the surface it looks and it's as fast paced as the vs series, but it has some unique mechanics. It's easy to play and not as complicated as Guilty Gear.

@Gref @Crimson Fury

I've never been a fan of of the MVC series to be honest, but I do like this game quite a bit. It's got a lot less projectile bullshit, and gives you various options to close distance quickly.

This game does not fulfill me weeb fantasy

bg0zXfc.gif

Is this game's servers still trash? I haven't tried playing cause of all the constant disconnections.

Weeks 1 and 2 it would just disconnect you from the lobbies non stop.

I just read up on the issue. I don't think it's as bad as it was in the first couple of months.

To clarify the lobbies do use dedicated servers.

Back