Dragon Quest 11

Are p4 and 3 on PS4?

No, P4 is available on Vita as Persona 4 Golden and P3 is available on PS3 as Persona 3:FES, can't remember if theres a Vita version of it.

About 5-6 hours into DQ11 and I'm loving it so far. I've only played one other DQ game before (DQ7 I believe) and this one is one a whole other level visually. I love Akira Toriyama's art style, ever since rushing home after school to catch DBZ on Toonami as a kid.

Combat is awesome, love having the option of free form camera to give different perspectives on battle. Not that far in, I just got my second party member but I'm very much looking forward to getting farther into this game.

On a side note, with all the Persona talk I really wish some of the earlier games would come out on PS4. P5 is one of my favorite games ever, and it makes me want to try the other titles in the series without having to buy a Vita or other console.

About 5-6 hours into DQ11 and I'm loving it so far. I've only played one other DQ game before (DQ7 I believe) and this one is one a whole other level visually. I love Akira Toriyama's art style, ever since rushing home after school to catch DBZ on Toonami as a kid.

Combat is awesome, love having the option of free form camera to give different perspectives on battle. Not that far in, I just got my second party member but I'm very much looking forward to getting farther into this game.

On a side note, with all the Persona talk I really wish some of the earlier games would come out on PS4. P5 is one of my favorite games ever, and it makes me want to try the other titles in the series without having to buy a Vita or other console.

I'd be willing to be the main reason you can't get P3 and P4 on the PS4 as PS2 classics is because P5 sold so well that they are going to port over or remaster them to get some sales out of it.

P3 FES and P4 are available as PS2 classics if you still have your PS3. Persona 1, 2 and 3 were on the PSP so you could emulate those. I remember seeing PS Vita TV's going for like $50 when they were first discontinued, but they're like $150 now. There really isn't a cheap option to get P4 if you don't already have a PS3 or Vita, which is a shame because Persona 4 is by far my favorite.

I'd be willing to be the main reason you can't get P3 and P4 on the PS4 as PS2 classics is because P5 sold so well that they are going to port over or remaster them to get some sales out of it.

P3 FES and P4 are available as PS2 classics if you still have your PS3. Persona 1, 2 and 3 were on the PSP so you could emulate those. I remember seeing PS Vita TV's going for like $50 when they were first discontinued, but they're like $150 now. There really isn't a cheap option to get P4 if you don't already have a PS3 or Vita, which is a shame because Persona 4 is by far my favorite.

I'm kinda holding out hope that your guess becomes true and we get some Persona remasters coming out.

I know this is a little off topic but any of y'all looking into Valkyria Chronicles 4? Watched some game play earlier today. It's looks super tight. Ive never played the series and am kinda new to the whole jrpg genre. I'm sick of playing my usual games and am finally branching off .

I know this is a little off topic but any of y'all looking into Valkyria Chronicles 4? Watched some game play earlier today. It's looks super tight. Ive never played the series and am kinda new to the whole jrpg genre. I'm sick of playing my usual games and am finally branching off .

I'd play the original one first. It's a great game and still holds up at least on PC. From what I've read this one takes place during the same war but with a different group of soliders which is kind of disappointing they took the story in that direction. Either way the gameplay is great in these games.

I'd play the original one first. It's a great game and still holds up at least on PC. From what I've read this one takes place during the same war but with a different group of soliders which is kind of disappointing they took the story in that direction. Either way the gameplay is great in these games.

I'm poor and can't afford to PC game. I'll have to see if I can grab it on PS4. That game looks super good though.

I'm poor and can't afford to PC game. I'll have to see if I can grab it on PS4. That game looks super good though.

Yea I think they remastered it on PS4.

I'm about 12 hours in so far, been trying to play an hour or so a day. So far I'm really digging it. This is my first Dragon quest game since 7 (which still remains one of my favorite games of all time) and from the get go its triggered my nostalgia. I like that they've taken out all the annoying shit like random battles and modernized their formula by adding stuff like fast travel, points of interest on maps etc. while still staying true to traditional JRPGs.

Voice acting is good for the most part, except Gemmas VA made me want to stick a fork in my ear initially.

The story has been interesting, save the last 30 minutes or so..

I found the whole mermaid storyline kinda boring

Hopefully it picks back up from here.

I'd recommend to anyone who's a fan of old school jrpgs

I'm about 12 hours in so far, been trying to play an hour or so a day. So far I'm really digging it. This is my first Dragon quest game since 7 (which still remains one of my favorite games of all time) and from the get go its triggered my nostalgia. I like that they've taken out all the annoying shit like random battles and modernized their formula by adding stuff like fast travel, points of interest on maps etc. while still staying true to traditional JRPGs.

Voice acting is good for the most part, except Gemmas VA made me want to stick a fork in my ear initially.

The story has been interesting, save the last 30 minutes or so..

I found the whole mermaid storyline kinda boring

Hopefully it picks back up from here.

I'd recommend to anyone who's a fan of old school jrpgs

One thing that bugs me is that you can only control the Hero in the overworld. IIRC in the other games whoever you put first in your party would show up as your controlable character.

Also for those playing, which do you prefer: free form camera or classic? I've messed around with both but can't seem to decide on which one to stick to.

I have mine set to fixed, but because it's turn based I have absolutly 0 desire to free roam the camera.

One thing that bugs me is that you can only control the Hero in the overworld. IIRC in the other games whoever you put first in your party would show up as your controlable character.

True. I'd rather walk around as Jade aka best girl

Literally just started the game and talked to mom after climbing the Tor. The game is beautiful though, even if I'm not as keen on Toriyama's character design as I used to be.

Gonna try really hard to beat the game this weekend, I wanna get it out of my queue but I pre-ordered it so I consider it mandatory to finish the story.

Cruising along just shy of 25 hours. Just got the 4th orb and along with the magic key so doing some clean up opening up all of the magic doors and upgrading gear. Stuff is getting really expensive so it slowing my progress down. Once I get to an area with new stuff for sale, I don't like to move on until i've upgraded everyone's gear.

Yea I think they remastered it on PS4.

They did remaster it and I got it. Haven't played yet as I'm going through the latest installment. It's legit. I love it.

So is there anything elemental attacks? My Hero character knows two fire spells, and I just got a character who knows an ice spell. None of the enemies listed show that they have weaknesses or resistances to any elements. How does this work?

Just "beat the game", then the post game is like whhhattttttt. Literally an entire new chapter with as much content and story as the first 2 acts.

Back