Dream fight: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Vasyl Lomachenko @ 130.

First of all, Floyd would bring his ass up to 140 and above....

Second, Floyd would never take this fight at his age. I have No doubt he would've beat Loma earlier in his career but now...Let's just say Loma is no Conor Mcgregor

Now that would be a fight. Lets see Loma vs Mcgregor at 145. Give Conor the height, reach and size because he's gonna need that shit

Let's not.

Floyd would wait him out until he was older and slower. A prime Lomachenko vs a prime Floyd would be what prime Manny vs prime Floyd should have been but never happened.

You think? Loma's speed, technique and power are all pretty different from Manny's. Don't get me wrong I see him causing Floyd trouble but not for the same reasons that 130-Pac would have.

Floyd's inside game at 130 was considerably weaker than at 140-147. Watch some of his fights from those days that required inside game, it will be quite enlightening. He would have bumped into similar problems Rigo did on the inside. Lomachenko is like a missile radar and glues to your movement.

People also forget that Floyd himself was relatively inexperienced when he was at 130lbs. He was like, 21 or 22 years old. He coasted with the help of his very superior speed and reflexes than his opponents, but would've met his match in these regards with Lomachenko.

Which of his fights at 130 do you think required inside work that he also looked bad in?

Loma/Rigo 5 years ago would have also been much different than we saw, and closer to what we anticipated...

First of all, Floyd would bring his ass up to 140 and above....

Second, Floyd would never take this fight at his age. I have No doubt he would've beat Loma earlier in his career but now...Let's just say Loma is no Conor Mcgregor

Now that would be a fight. Lets see Loma vs Mcgregor at 145. Give Conor the height, reach and size because he's gonna need that shit
Floyd would beat him down today.
Floyd played with conor, glorified sparring. He wouldnt fight lomachenko that way.

Floyd is much bigger and has a giant reach advantage. Floyd was more powerful at that weight too.

Lomachenko has more weapons and tactics.

Would be very interesting.

If you watch the (movie) Matrix, there are two extraordinary things to observe: (1) the speed of the agents moving left and right so they appear hitting Nemo in every direction simultaneously, and (2) how Nemo was able to bend back and forth to dodge the bullet. Well, to me, Loma fights like the agents for his ability to launch frontal and lateral attacks faster than most opponent reaction time, leaving them with the sensation of fighting multiple Lomas...
But Floyd (as well as Rigo and Sweet Pea Whitaker) can bend at the hips and knees a la Nemo... interesting movie... we never sure who wins actually...

You think? Loma's speed, technique and power are all pretty different from Manny's. Don't get me wrong I see him causing Floyd trouble but not for the same reasons that 130-Pac would have.

Speed, pace, pressure, awkward angles from the hands and feet. Definitely a problem for Floyd, which is why he would probably wait for Lomachenko to get slow.

And yes, I agree that Pac and Loma are different fighters in some ways, but they have enough of the same overlap to suggest a problem for a low-out put counter-fighter.

If you watch the (movie) Matrix, there are two extraordinary things to observe: (1) the speed of the agents moving left and right so they appear hitting Nemo in every direction simultaneously, and (2) how Nemo was able to bend back and forth to dodge the bullet. Well, to me, Loma fights like the agents for his ability to launch frontal and lateral attacks faster than most opponent reaction time, leaving them with the sensation of fighting multiple Lomas...
But Floyd (as well as Rigo and Sweet Pea Whitaker) can bend at the hips and knees a la Nemo... interesting movie... we never sure who wins actually...

Nemo =
Nemo_FI.jpg

sorry, I meant Neo.... Thats what happens when you have to (re)watch (the same) cartoon (over and over) with the kids... :)...

Back