Dricus use to fight at 170 and is not a "Giant" Middleweight plus his only KO loss

Why so people keep signing with ONE? They barely put on MMA fights, barely have a roster and yet they snap up some really good prospects all the time. It makes no sense, I guess they think theyll get paid big.
They probably signed the contract back when ONE was primarily an MMA organization around 2 years ago. The current model is unlikely to attract fighters like Soldic, RDR, Malykhin, etc.

Last edited:
Why so people keep signing with ONE? They barely put on MMA fights, barely have a roster and yet they snap up some really good prospects all the time. It makes no sense, I guess they think theyll get paid big.

Soldic got injured and then lost. I'm not sure what that guy is talking about, he didn't go anywhere.

People sign with ONE because it's a major org and there isn't a lot of places to get paid in MMA. If anything lack of competition is probably one of the draws some fighters.

Most of the prospects in ONE come from countries with low cost of living, and would have a hard time getting a job in a place like the UFC. The UFC doesn't value most developing or Eastern European countries as target demographics, so there are only so many spots a guy from Uzbekistan, F-Yugioslavia, SEA etc can get.

I agree, he looks built but normal for MW.
The fact he fought at WW is meaningless tho. Tiago Santos, Rumble Johnson, Jailton Almeida all fought at WW.

Back