Driving up UFC PPV buys.

Krazy NightTrain

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If 225 only did 150k - 250k buys, is crazy to me. I'm not gonna say this is the magical fix, but I think it may help a bit. Have a PPV once every month and half or so, maybe even 2 months. 6 - 8 a year. I know fighters need to prepare for a fight, months in advance... which is what an NDA is made for, because what ya do, in my opinion is to not announce who's fighting on the next PPV until the end of the whatever PPV event you're watching.

This would probably help with people waiting for a "better card". Sure Whittaker vs Yoel fighting, but Stipe vs DC is next, think I'll just hold off until that one". I think it'd help stack PPV's by having less of them. I just kind of thought of the idea because I listen to a lot of old Howard Stern shows, and his thing was not telling listeners when he'd be off, that way they might tune in and think it's a new show... if you tell people in advance that you're gonna be out next Monday, people tune in to something else or play their Ipod on their drive to work.

Yo Dana, you read this and need some help running an organization that was driven up to a price of $4 billion and want to make it $8 billion in another 10 years, let me know. Hire me as your equal and I'd fire you and start paying fighters what they deserve, and I'd "Yoel" the contract you signed with Reebok.

Its really not complicated.....

Promote fighter A so people give a shit about him
Promote fighter B so people give a shit about him.

Then have them fight.....

Or stop streaming, i bought Whitaker romero and was really pleased with the product.

First time using the ps4 to, was cheaper and in hd.

Our cable system in australia makes you pay for hd which is some bull shit

I wonder how much the last price increase has had on the ppv numbers. Its $65 now...how much do you think khabib vs conor will be? I dont think that the ppv numbers reflect the popularity of the sport, or the quality of the card, as 225 was -on paper- an outstanding card, but more on peoples ability/willingness to keep shelling out.

They are becoming lazy on the promotion. For a card as big as 225, they should have had at least a press conference, a lot more promos etc.. Basically the only promo they did was the usual vlog videos and 1 or 2 small trailers.

They need to build excitement in order to make the casuals tune in.

That's what happens when you cheap out on the promo.

Like it or not, the PPV model is dead because most people illegally stream.

They promoted the shit out of UFC 220/Ngannou and it didn't clear 350k

The price is out of control anymore. I am honestly shocked the prices have not gone down considering the buy rate is in the toilet. The buy rate has been in the toilet honestly for a long time now. And they want 65 bucks a pop. I have been watching the sport long enough to remember a time when I paid $25 an event. They are having buy rate consistently of less than 200,000 and they want basically 70 bucks an event. It makes no sense. People aren’t buying them. You know when a car has been sitting on the lot for months on end with no interest, typically the dealership lowers the price. Nobody gives a fuck about these events and they probably won’t give a fuck until a certain Irishman reappears.

Heres another solution: stop putting shit fights on PPV and expecting people to pay for it.

They better promote the shit out of UFC 226 or else it won't sell either.

There are several up and coming guys on that card and it is easily the most stacked card of the year. It would be in their best interest to stop being cheap fucks and promote it appropriately.

Heres another solution: stop putting shit fights on PPV and expecting people to pay for it.

Another thing they should do is give discounts to fight pass subscribers. I was one of the original subscribers to fight pass, I usually order a lot of the events through fight pass. I get no discount whatsoever. They charge me the same shitty ass price they charge everyone else.

I wonder how much the last price increase has had on the ppv numbers. Its $65 now...how much do you think khabib vs conor will be? I dont think that the ppv numbers reflect the popularity of the sport, or the quality of the card, as 225 was -on paper- an outstanding card, but more on peoples ability/willingness to keep shelling out.

Ya I remember it being like $50 when me and my friends would get together in like 2012/2013 time. I mean the economy is doing great now, people have money, and they spend it. You'd think the sport would be growing in terms of people buying PPVs. I guess if you don't follow the sport, you never really know who's fighting since they don't do a whole lot of promotion.

I doubt Khabib vs Conor is even gonna happen. Not that I know anything, I just don't think it will based on a few things which I won't really get in to.

Anyways, I think what I mentioned would help. The thread isn't meant to be read in a way a few people I think are taking it, in that this is what would FIX PPV's... Just help.

Or stop streaming, i bought Whitaker romero and was really pleased with the product.

First time using the ps4 to, was cheaper and in hd.

Our cable system in australia makes you pay for hd which is some bull shit
This is a lie, all UFc ppv main events on Foxtel (cable provider) are at $55. There is no difference in price anymore. If you don’t have IQ HD box u will watch SD at the same price of HD. Also our internet system is trashy I guarantee your stream was 2 minutes behind cable and probably suffers some slight glitches during broadcast (might seem insignificant but to me it’s he end all be all).

DRIVING UP UFC PPV BUYS.

You can have 1 PPV per year that features Yoel, Whitaker, Aldo, Holloway, Pettis, Stipe, Curtis Blaydes, etc.

You would still have trouble getting 500 PPVs.

In order to sell 1 million PPVs in this day and age you need McGregor or Ronda or someone doing crazy shit before the fight.

The price is simply way too high now. UFC I feel has completely abandoned the solo purchasers.i said this in another thread but as an undergrad engineer earning $65000 its very difficult to afford these events. If they were $40 I would never complain. But adding and extra $15 on the cable bill regularly (55 for event + 180 for phone, internet nd some entertainment perks) , $235 bucks a month is a killer. I can’t imagine being an American and paying $65 USD. That’s $5 more than AAA VIDEO GAME LIKE GOD OF WAR AND SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY for a three hour event. No other entertainment product adjusts the distribution product with inflation. Movies and video games didn’t, music went down. Other firms used other revenue streams which ufc has. Anyway they are way too expensive for the solo purchasers.

WneasXA.gif

That's how

Theres always ebb and flow. Down right now but will rebound over time. Stars fade and new ones are made

they should get wmma matches to have two rounds mma and one round oil wrestling ultimate surrender style.

Nobody wants to continue supporting an organization that fails to promote its fighters correctly, instead they try to grow a cult of blind brand followers.

The magic fix is:

Cyborg v. Nunes. Book it now. Do whatever it takes.

GSP. Kiss his ass. Give him the fight he wants. Instead of Dana being an a-hole and running his mouth off. The guy is the second biggest draw currently signed but Dana has been taking shots at him and telling lies everytime his name comes up. Awful management.

These two events are the biggest they can do this year assuming Conor doesn't come back.

Also try actively promoting your cards instead of assuming they will sell. They should be hyping the fuck out of the Stipe/DC fight.

Back