Dropped a (45 lb) barbell on my shin

Replay19

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was trying to do something on the SMITH machine (those squat machine things with the barbell but has support racks so it's not the free weight barbell) and while I had my back turned it fell on my upper shin and the side of my leg. My shin has a bump but it didn't hurt that badly. It stung for a good 2-3 minutes though but I wasn't limping. I wasn't however, able to walk for a good 2 minutes or so. It left a small cut though but there is currently no bruises, no black marks, no signs of swollen shin either. The metal olympic barbell must have fell like 2-3 ft from the air. It does hurt a bit from poking it, and therefore I shouldn't do anything stupid as to condition it on the heavy bag or anything else. Letting it rest and heal feels best, but it's not that bad. Not necessary to take any pain killers.

Only curious to ask, if you dropped a 45 lb barbell on your shin, even if it was 2-3 ft, what would your shin and you be like? Would it hurt like a m*f*er?

a 45 lb barbell would be those metal bars one uses to free weight squat or bench press

Only curious to ask, if you dropped a 45 lb barbell on your shin, even if it was 2-3 ft, what would your shin and you be like? Would it hurt like a m*f*er?

Uh yeah, probably.

Glad you figured that out for us, though.

Lol still new to martial arts, pardon for asking newb questions. but always good to ask anyway!

I was trying to do something on the SMITH machine (those squat machine things with the barbell but has support racks so it's not the free weight barbell) and while I had my back turned it fell on my upper shin and the side of my leg. My shin has a bump but it didn't hurt that badly. It stung for a good 2-3 minutes though but I wasn't limping. I wasn't however, able to walk for a good 2 minutes or so. It left a small cut though but there is currently no bruises, no black marks, no signs of swollen shin either. The metal olympic barbell must have fell like 2-3 ft from the air. It does hurt a bit from poking it, and therefore I shouldn't do anything stupid as to condition it on the heavy bag or anything else. Letting it rest and heal feels best, but it's not that bad. Not necessary to take any pain killers.

a 45 lb barbell would be those metal bars one uses to free weight squat or bench press

If you start to mess with actual free weights, your probably be killed.

I am under the opinion......that you suffer from some sort of Gym curse......a trip to Haiti might help??

Yup it would still hurt. Most experienced guys would have probably pressed the bump out with their thumb though

Yeah it would hurt. Its hard dense object that isn't flat.

I remember walking into a hire hydrant and my shin collided first and that shit took a few days to heal

I had a five pound plate fall on my foot and that hurt like hell, so I suspect a 45 pound plat to the shin would suck.

I thought dropping large, rough weights directly onto the bone of your leg was sound conditioning for Muay Thai fighters?

Back to the drawing board I go again (on my own, going down the only road I've ever known.)

Noob.

In high school, I bounced 155 lbs off my knee cap and still finished my workout. Swelled up to the size of half a baseball afterwards.

Dropped an 85'er on my big toe too from shoulder height, seated; it burned badly.

Also did a 45 lb plate on a bare foot. Strangely, it only bruised the bottom of my foot.

I was not an intelligent lifter back then.

Back