http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=97567049#post97567049

Start Date: restart - see below
Goal end date: restart - see below
Start weight: 175
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Height: 5'7
Estimated Body Fat Percentage: 20-22%

Available Supplements

Controlled Labs: Purple Wraath, Orange Triad, Fish Oil, Green Mag, White Flood Reborn
iForce: Hemoval
Protein: S.A.N Titanium Whey
Extra joint support: bulk cissus
Animal: Flex
Swole: Turbo Shred (I got it for free so will try it out - fat burner)
Yohimbe HCL + Caffeine (will use this stack after the Turbo Shred)

Overall macro split - [calories: carbs, protein, fat]

Monday: 1950: 146, 146, 87 (30/30/40)
Tuesday: 1800: 113, 158, 80 (25/35/40)
Wednesday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)
Thursday: 1950: 73, 219, 87 (15/45/40)
Friday: 1800: 113, 158, 80 (25/35/40)
Saturday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)
Sunday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)

Ok I think everything is set and ready to go. I did take pics for Day 1, in the morning right after my weigh in. I am not posting those until the end though.

Last edited:
Week 1

Sunday

The Tubro Shred seems fine so far. Not nearly as stimulant heavy as I feared. I took it with a greek yogurt about an hour before cardio. Good timing because my cardio was rough but I managed to not puke. I took the second cap at 11AM with some chicken and a banana post workout.

Today I am also taking OT, Fish oil, and creatine

Monday

Only day two so nothing really to say other than I am still at it. One note, I noticed today that I have not really had any appetite. Usually after work and after the gym I am starving like a wild animal but not today. It may be because I am coming off a dreamer summer vacation bulk and the reality of being back on the cut hasn't hit me yet. Could be this free appetite suppressant I got may actually be working. I will keep notes on it.

Tuesday

Early morning weigh in at 170.5 lbs. I knew I would have a quick drop. I have always had severe (5-8 lb) bloat issues when I go off my normal nutrition and spend a few weeks eating and drinking unhealthy stuff. I will keep tabs on my weight for a week or two until I dry out and then do weigh-ins left often since I will only dropping about a pound to 1.5 pounds a week. Once I have a steady decrease I will slow it down to a pound a week. I expected some big drops over the course of the first week with all the bloat though.

Side note: been sleeping like crap for two days. Not sure if it is due to the change in schedule or the fat burner. I will keep notes on it. I only slept 6 hours last night and tonight was a bit under that. I am not going to do much with that little of sleep. I will keep working on this issue.

Side note 2: I got cissus in bulk. It is a powder supplement meant to help support joints in athletes who put their bodies through more punishment than normal. I am stacking that with Orange Triad which is a multivitamin but has extra joint support. I will add in Animal Flex later. This morning I did my first scoop of cissus and my note is that it tastes bad. It has a very strong taste that is something like old brandy or a shot of sweat rung out of a gym sock. I put it in crystal light flavoring and it basically over powered it. I was expecting it though and since the reviews on this supplement have been good I will survive. I might try just putting the powder in my mouth and slamming a shot of water to wash it down, all at once.

Wednesday

I did good today and hit my macros. Nothing else really to say. Today is a low day at 1700 and I didn't feel all that hungry and still feel good. Perhaps this appetite suppressant really is working. I have been doing 2 caps (1 in the morning and 1 at about noon) but today I did a third with my 4:30 dinner. That might be why I still feel good right now.

Thursday

Morning weigh in at 168.9. I knew I would lose several pounds right away because of being bloated and such. I will probably (hopefully) even drop another couple easy pounds over the next several days before I get to my dry-cutting weight that will even out.

Note on Cissus. I forgot to take it yesterday. I took a scoop this morning. The stuff isn't "foul" tasting as much as it just isn't good. It is a strong weird taste like what Iodine (that liquid brown/reddish stuff) might taste like. Anyways, I just scooped up a heaping scoop from the little scooper and just tossed it in my mouth and washed it down immediately with water. Good news is you don't have to sip on the crappy drink for several minutes. Bad news is the taste stays in your mouth and on my lips and it sucks.

Friday

Everything fine and on point. I will just note I didn't take the fat burner today. I didn't enjoy the buzz I was getting off it. Not sure if I will take it again or just toss it. It was a freebie anyways.

Saturday

will update tomorrow

Sunday

Went to a wedding last night and drank lots of beer with the boys. That will set me back. I will do a one week weigh in tomorrow but I probably drank back half or more of my weight loss in beer last night. Oh well. I will deal with it.

Last edited:
Week 2

Weigh in: 173

Notes on my first week: My week was going very well until Saturday night. Long story short, I ended up drinking at a wedding. I had lots of beer. I probably drank back half or a bit less of my calorie deficit for the week. I feel like I failed my cut already because of that. I am going to keep moving along strong on this though and just forget it. No more cheat nights for me.

The good news is I am down a couple pounds from last weeks 175 pound weigh in. Both last week and this morning are "heavy weights" as I can feel it. I am sure my weight will dip throughout this week. I am not sure if I will do a couple weigh ins throughout the week and make notes or just wait until next Monday. I will decide that during the week as I go.

Monday

I will update today later tonight. I did not take the fat burner. Still undecided if I will finish the bottle or just toss them out. I really dislike the jittery feeling I got off those. I will update if I end up taking them.

Edit: First of all I did take both tabs of the fat burner. I get these jitters and feel like they do nothing else. Not taking them today.

Over all I feel my diet has been spot on (minus Saturday night beer) and have been doing excellent. I keep this going and I am absolutely confident I will hit my goals.

Tuesday

Check off a perfect day.

Wednesday

I was over on my calories by like 250. Other than that, nothing to report except I was weighing very heavy. I forgot to record it but I was very bloated and felt very heavy all day. Not sure why.

Thursday

Today I feel very bloated again. Not sure why that is. It has been very hot here and perhaps my body is just dealing with the heat, the workouts, new diet and that type of thing. Also I had some bug bites on my foot that have blistered up and there is a chance I have been having an alergic reaction. I will just note this for note sake.

I did finish my day, nutritionally perfect

Friday

Morning weigh-in for accounting. 170.5. That is still really high. I can tell I am holding/bloated up alot. I expected to drop down to 168 pounds and then start my weight loss from there. I find it hard to believe I gained that much weight in such a short time especially when I "feel" so heavy and bloated. I will stay the course and keep tracking. I suspect though that at some point I am going to have a several pound drop when that flushes out.

Saturday

Last edited:
Good luck. Perhaps it would be better to make a new post every day? The more posts you have, the more views you get.

I will check once in a while. Also post some pics, give us at least some visuals - it is easier to follow if you can see something, not just read.

Good luck. Perhaps it would be better to make a new post every day? The more posts you have, the more views you get.

I will check once in a while. Also post some pics, give us at least some visuals - it is easier to follow if you can see something, not just read.

Thanks for stopping by. I will update pics eventually. I have them and will post them eventually.

Week 3

I will update later. My weekend was shot. I have a bad case of what looks like athletes foot but isn't. I was bed ridden all weekend. Not good. I can't workout right now. I will do the best I can to keep my nutrition going.

If I am unable to get in the gym by Wednesday I will literally just start over next week. I have a severe infection and I don't know from what.

***UPDATE****

I am going to simply redo this entire thing starting Monday. I am not getting into the details but I will say the bug bites became infected and got really bad due to severe allergic reaction. I am finally on the mend. I have a catheter in my wrist for 2 daily injections of medicine. Will just start over Monday when I am finally healthy.

Last edited:
Restart. After only a week of cutting, I spent too much time dealing with a severe allergic reaction to some bug bites. I am on the mend and will restart MONDAY with a re-weigh in and go from there.

Start Date: 08/25/14
Goal end date: 11/10/14
Start weight: 172
Goal weight: 150 lbs
Height: 5'7
Estimated Body Fat Percentage: 20-22%

Available Supplements

Controlled Labs: Purple Wraath, Orange Triad, Fish Oil, Green Mag, White Flood Reborn
iForce: Hemoval
Protein: S.A.N Titanium Whey
Extra joint support: bulk cissus
Animal: Flex
Swole: Turbo Shred (I got it for free so will try it out - fat burner)
Yohimbe HCL + Caffeine (will use this stack after the Turbo Shred)

Overall macro split - [calories: carbs, protein, fat]

Monday: 1950: 146, 146, 87 (30/30/40)
Tuesday: 1800: 113, 158, 80 (25/35/40)
Wednesday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)
Thursday: 1950: 73, 219, 87 (15/45/40)
Friday: 1800: 113, 158, 80 (25/35/40)
Saturday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)
Sunday: 1700: 85, 170, 76 (20/40/40)

Last edited:
Week 1

Monday

I will update this later tonight but I did start this morning. I weighed in at 172 which is several pounds less than I thought. I took a new round of pics too since I am restarting.

Finished my day off 176 calories under. First day is easy to come in under like that. I usually stick to the routine though. Everything is fine. Just day 1.

I will note that I was expecting to come in several pounds heavier so I don't know if I just stayed the same in weight respectively or I will have a jump later in the week. We shall see. I will track 3 times weekly.

Tuesday

Yesterday I finished at 383 calories over. The day before I was 180 under. I hate being over or under. I will work this week to get closer to my numbers. Typically I can end up usually within 20 calories of my stated number.

Wednesday

Morning weigh in at 169.84. I was over my calories by 180. Not that bad really since usually my first week is bad as I re-adjust to getting my foods down that meet my macro's. Over all a good third day.

Thursday

I am going to play with my macro's a bit. I have done some more reading and am worried I am eating too much protein and not enough carbs. I may be putting myself in a bad spot. I am not eating enough carbs for energy so I am feeling slow and sluggish, and too many carbs to fall into ketosis. I am going to uptick my carb levels a bit and down-tick my proteins by 5-10 % each and see how that feels. If I feel less hungry and more energy and my weight keeps coming off, I will stick with that.

I will keep playing with it over the next week and see how it feels. If not, I can go back to what I have written.

Over by 74 calories.

Friday

Weighed in at 169.84. Same exact weight all week. I wonder if some time in the next few days I will dip in weight? Final calorie count had me over by 259 calories. I will work hard on not going over for week 2.

Last edited:
Wrapping up Week 1 - the weekend

Let's face it. For some of us, keeping up our nutrition during the week is easy. We work full time jobs, we keep active, nothing else going on and due to the busy nature of our lives/families it is easy to keep it clean during the week.

Then comes the Weekend. It is very difficult for me on the weekend. The temptation of poor nutrition (take out food, beer, etc...) gets very high. I am going to start doing a separate Weekend thread until I have it down. So here we go.

Saturday

My weigh in this morning was the exact same it has been all week. Not an ounce in change. It has been really hot here and humid so my guess is, based on how my weight has gone in the past on cuts, some time Monday or Tuesday (so long as I have a clean weekend) I will drop. It will probably be a large drop in weight all at once.

I have a long history of dealing with being bloated in this hot climate. My body retains lots of water and I have always known that when I start cutting, my body simply retains water to make up for any weight loss. It has always been like that. So some time between Monday or Tuesday I will probably see the drop all at once.

Today will be a difficult day. We are having a family-fun day on some dune buggies, going snorkeling, going to the zoo and a park. Some of the families going with our group are drinkers and will likely be wanting to stop at various eateries and drinking beer. I am committed to this cut. I will have to have the will-power to forego all of the food and drink today. I will take it as a personal challenge to myself to stay on my cut.

Also I missed my macro goal every day this week. Week 2 will be all about getting my macros down to where I want them. Actually my macro's have been fine...I have just been over on calories. That will be what I work on come Monday.

Week 2

Monday

Weigh in at 173 pounds. Yes that is heavier. Yes I am disappointed in myself for blowing the weekend. That has always been my problem. I do absolute solid nutrition all week and then blow the weekends.

That is why accounting and tracking it here is so important. It is so easy for me to forget or just blow off a bad weekend and after a couple months get very frustrated for lack of progress. By writing it down here I will see how quickly it ruins my goals. I probably drank back in beer and ate back in hamburgers the entire weight loss for the week.

I am no doubt bloated and several pounds will come off but I am still sitting at a solid 169/70 pounds which is 20 over my goal. I am committed to seeing this cut through but I HAVE to get my weekends down or it will never happen.

Macro's: I am going to stick with a fixed macro plan of 1800 calories and 30/30/40 to see how that goes. I can't stand changing it up every day as it makes my counting too difficult and hard to plan food.

Afternoon edit:

Rough day. I am way under my macro's and not hungry but I have felt bloated and fatigued all day. I was in the gym earlier and did a shitty workout and could see how chubby I look 10 pounds over weight after taking the summer off. I am so pissed at myself for having a cheat night Saturday night that I am recommitting to this big time.

As shitty as I feel and as bloated and heavy as I am right now, I feel more determined than ever. Just got to get my damn weekends under control and I am solid.

Tuesday

I stayed on course. For some reason my weekdays are always easy. It was a long day at work however and I was burned out. I basically stayed in bed all evening after work and did no workouts. My nutrition was fine, even a bit under

Wednesday

Morning weigh in at 168.74

Ended the day fine on macro's

Thursday

Did a weigh in despite having done one yesterday. Same weight. After having a rough day energy wise I doubled checked my macro's and have actually been averaging about 1700 all week. That is why I have been so tired. I work full time and have a part time job in the evening a couple nights a week, eating only 1700 calories a day isn't cutting it.

I just haven't been hungry. I am thinking I will just stick to it for now, lose the weight (my priority right now anyways) and then pick up the caloric number when I am ready to start upping my training.

Was over by about 400 calories last night. First night of football and I ate some chips and taco meat. I have been way under all week and tracking it. No beer so I am fine. Beer has always been my enemy.

Friday

Through Sunday - happy to report I kept it clean and real all weekend! No boozing it up or anything. I was over on my calories Friday and Saturday but not by a ton. No beer either. Solid. Just don't feel like recording it.

I will do a weigh in and start the new week tomorrow morning. Football is about to start. I got a six pack of water and BCAA's ready to go.

The Weekend

The good, bad and ugly.

I over ate. That is for sure. I ate too much. I was over and now that I looked at it, I was over by alot really. That is the bad. The ugly is that I didn't workout this weekend. I had too much work to do. I had a ton of work to do and made it a working weekend, didn't work out and ate too much.

The good.

I didn't drink. Over all that is a huge victory for me. I also tracked my macros. Again, a big victory. Those are the two things that has killed me for the last near, year. I like my job but it gets stressful at times and I at times find myself buried in work like this weekend. I am teaching myself how to better coup with it rather then just get drunk on the weekends.

Overall, it was the best weekend I have had in a long time. Still, plenty of room for improvement.

I will record my weight for the new post. I am heavy of course from the over-eating but I am on the right track. I am heading in the right direction. I am going to use this as a reason to stay positive and keep moving. Part of the difficulty is not really having a goal. I have up on Ironman training because it wasn't for me. I just didn't like the endurance stuff. Doing an amateur MMA fight really isn't practical at my age. I would probably just get seriously injured.

My goal for this week is to come up with a realistic goal. Just trying to lose weight isn't enough since I am in fairly decent shape anyways, so basic "weight loss" doesn't really cut it like it used to.

Last edited:
Week 3

Monday

Weight: 169.84. Yes that is a heavy weigh in for a Monday. I ate too much on my working weekend. I think over all though I am heading in the right direction.

Everything went great Monday.

Tuesday

Fine but a tad high on carbs, low on protons

Wednesday

Weigh in at 169. That is too heavy for this weeks mid-week weigh in. I am not pleased. I am being to inconsistent with my macro's, over some days and under others but over-all being over.

I am going to really focus on meeting my macro counts daily and neither going over or under by much.

Thursday

I need to be careful. I have run out of motivation and desire. I could feel it over the last week but more or less realized it last night. I am working tons of hours right now. I have been extremely busy and have had little down time. I haven't been sleeping well in over a month.

I am not going to even think about increasing my strength or conditioning for now and I am not going to look at joining an MMA gym. It just isn't in the cards for me right now.

I am going to keep my focus on just losing some weight. That is hard enough. I am up a half pound today over yesterday. I ate 200 calories over last night which should still be at a deficit. I know weight fluctuates but I have been here before where I went a month without fat loss during a high-stress, high work load period.

Anyways, I am going to refocus on some things and rethink my game plan here. I don't want to go a month with nothing to show for it like I did last year at this time.

Friday

My weight was up a bit this morning. I have been here before and it can be extremely frustrating. Same thing happened last fall when my work hours skyrocketed during my peak season. I get tired and don't workout as much, stress plays a part, I don't sleep well, etc...

I am going to really challenge myself this weekend to get my work caught up, stick with my workout schedule and keep it beer free. If I can do that, I will be rocking Monday morning next week.

That is the plan. I hate going a month and seeing no results. Same thing happened last fall. If nothing else, I will just tone it down until things settle down at work and then pick it back up.

Last edited:
Quick update

Just for accounting purposes I will update this. I am off the cut for now. I have been some what tracking during the week and not during the weekends. Long story short, too many hours at work and it has been too stressful. Nothing you can do when you have a career that some times gets that way.

I am not going to burden myself further with a cut. I will try to stick to it as best I can for now, until I am ready to get back into it. Work comes first unfortunately.

As soon as I am ready I will be back.

Back