D'Souza Takes Trolling to a New Level

Let's hear your interpretation...
He was insinuating that "getting a summer job" was the worst thing to happen to these spoiled, sheltered millennials, before being rejected politically.

Ignoring the fact they survived a school shooting.

Or, they genuinely care about their cause and are trying to stop more tragedies and senseless killings from happening.

Oh I believe they are genuine. When they tell people they have blood stained hands if they don't pass gun control, they've jumped the shark and are being incredibly disrespectful to the lives lost

He was insinuating that "getting a summer job" was the worst thing to happen to these spoiled, sheltered millennials, before being rejected politically.

Ignoring the fact they survived a school shooting.

Lol wtf? Wouldn't it make much more sense to have the same joke told 2 different ways then to deny they suffered through a horrific tragedy?

I agree which is why I would have handled it differently. Like I mentioned. When you start accusing people of having blood stained hands, people will get pissed and petty. I dont feel bad about this particular tweet. It wasn't thst bad.

I would say the kids standing on their dead classmates for political icing on the cake is what is disgusting

I agree the tweet isn’t extremely bad but it’s reckless. It’s reckless against the kids and it’s reckless against his own cause, if his cause is freedom for gun owners.

I really don’t know if that’s what the kids were doing but I highly doubt it. Everyone who goes through extreme traumatic things is changed by them, and the less prepared they are the more they react emotionally afterwards. Adults do the same thing but for kids it’s much more amplified.

In that context, the best thing to do is let them vent, explain things to them calmly and give them a good example of how adults should act and how we should lead kids. Instead of having a bunch of kids who may dig in further and make it their life’s work to fight for gun restrictions, they’d learn a bunch of things and maybe some of them would gain a nuanced perspective of the issue as they get older and become members of the power structure of society.

Oh I believe they are genuine. When they tell people they have blood stained hands if they don't pass gun control, they've jumped the shark and are being incredibly disrespectful to the lives lost
That's not what jumping the shark means. You think they are simultaneously being genuine about wanting to reduce school shootings but at the same time claim they are standing on their classmates graves and deserve to be mocked?

If it is their conviction that guns are a major factor in school shootings, doesn't it logically follow that if you refuse to pass gun legislations (often because you take bribes from the NRA) you are partially responsible for future school shootings? From their point of view, that is absolutely the truth.

I still don't see why they deserve to be mocked by "adults", especially wife beating trashbags like D'souza.

Lol wtf? Wouldn't it make much more sense to have the same joke told 2 different ways then to deny they suffered through a horrific tragedy?
No. It fits in perfectly with the character of D'souza and his previous behaviors. It's a pattern.

That's not what jumping the shark means. You think they are simultaneously being genuine about wanting to reduce school shootings but at the same time claim they are standing on their classmates graves and deserve to be mocked?

If it is their conviction that guns are a major factor in school shootings, doesn't it logically follow that if you refuse to pass gun legislations (often because you take bribes from the NRA) you are partially responsible for future school shootings? From their point of view, that is absolutely the truth.

I still don't see why they deserve to be mocked by "adults", especially wife beating trashbags like D'souza.

That's exactly what standing on their graves means... you use it for cheap emotional points

That's exactly what standing on their graves means... you use it for cheap emotional points
I don't think it's cheap unless you choose to view it that way. You're being way too cynical about their motives.

I don't think it's cheap unless you choose to view it that way. You're being way too cynical about their motives.

"If you don't agree with us, you must not care about school shooting victims like us"

Yeah not bullshit at all...

"If you don't agree with us, you must not care about school shooting victims like us"

Yeah not bullshit at all...
Then criticize that rationally, instead of implying they're sheltered kids because that's what D'souza did.

You can agree with not making an emotionally spurned ban, while not being a class A cock about it

Then criticize that rationally, instead of implying they're sheltered kids because that's what D'souza did.

Uhh no he didn't. You didn't seem to get it because you wanted to project some kind of evil motive onto him.

Umm, that's exactly what they're doing. Itching for an opportunity really doesn't matter...
They're teenagers. They're upset and scared. The easy explanation is that they're trying to change things in such a way that they no longer feel scared.

Uhh no he didn't. You didn't seem to get it because you wanted to project some kind of evil motive onto him.
You might want to try and read between the lines and learn about how people imply things.

You can agree with not making an emotionally spurned ban, while not being a class A cock about it
100%. They're kids. They are going to be awkward and hyperbolic about things. That's no excuse for an adult to be an immature dick.

They're teenagers. They're upset and scared. The easy explanation is that they're trying to change things in such a way that they no longer feel scared.

Right their intentions are rather transparent. I believe their intentions to be pure. Their method is dangerous though. It is also VERY divisive. Blaming your opposition for mass murders is way lower then the tweet in question

Back