Dudes wife named their son after her first love(without telling him)

Saw it on reddit. Turned out she didnt tell him and he found out through a chance encounter while they were out. I used to hang with some muslim dudes from saudi arabia. This one dude showed me a picture of this girl with her baby on his cell phone. He explained that they used to hook up back in saudi, and when she got married she named the baby after him. My eyes got kinda big because I was under the impression that sort of thing could get you killed over there. I saw it on facebook aswell and alot of the comments were girls talking about why they had done it. How would you feel?

Wait in SA women can have more than one mate, and did not get beheaded. Are we talking about western expats, or actually SA people?

My girlfriend is named after her father's first wife. The wife died of cancer at a very young age and he remarried.
I don't see a problem with this.

As long as both people in the couple are aware of why the child is being named after a former dead lover, and both are okay with it, then I don't see an issue.

At that point, it's just honoring the dead.

It would be a cold day in hell when my wife names my son.

I pick the name, she agrees. Case closed.

This is why honor killings exist. I'm not even being facetious.

Lots of psycho women like to test their man to see how much of a man he is and sometimes you gotta call their bluff. Every room in this man's life should be filled with uppercuts then he should go live alone in the woods until his dying days.

Wait in SA women can have more than one mate, and did not get beheaded. Are we talking about western expats, or actually SA people?
i was under the impression that in saudi arabia you were expected to wait until marriage for sex like most muslims.

i was under the impression that in saudi arabia you were expected to wait until marriage for sex like most muslims.

hmmm, I thought they could not just "hook up" with anyone. They may be accused of being slutty.

I have 2 girls, no boys. I'm in the clear!

Well... probably

hmmm, I thought they could not just "hook up" with anyone. They may be accused of being slutty.
I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean by that? SA is a traditional muslim county in the middle east. You make it sound like a western country.

That's pretty fucked up. I have two kids and I named them both because I run shit. Daughter's name I got from this girl who was hot in like 8th grade but I really liked the name anyways.

My son's name was just something simple that I liked didn't really get it from anywhere it's a very common name.

Get this- around 30% of people who enroll in any gene based clincial trials turn out to not be the father. Its been consistent over many trials for 30+ years.

That's a huge issue. Not because the name itself is bad but because she wasn't honest about the origins. It's got to be tough to work through because every time you call your son's name or look at him, it's also a reminder that the wife lied to you.

Yeesh.

Not a problem in my house, we picked a name that is related to my own. I would resent the fuck out of my wife if that shit had happened to me.

Women in hardcore moslem nations are not giving much social freedom. They cant be slutty, show their face in public, etc, etc.
premarital sex is against islam and SA is a muslim country. Thats answering your original question.

Hell no, and what a horrible spot to be in as the dude. You've already bound yourself to this ho by having a kid only to find out she's still reminiscing about some rando she used to whore around with to the extent that she expects you to have to think about your wife's old fuck buddies every time you say your own kid's name. Fuck all that. I already don't like how dating is set up, where you're both on your best behavior early and paint a false picture of yourself and it all goes downhill from there. I kind of think people should know the worst things about their significant other early and then work to improve on those flaws so your opinion of them only gets better.

shouldn't've
A double contraction.

<{Joewithit}>

That almost happened to me, my ex called and asked if I would care if she named her son after me, we where on good terms and everything but it was weird af. She didn't end up doing it, but a few months there it was gonna happen.

Lol, what is the name? It wouldn't bother me too much.
Some advice to everyone in regards to relationships. Always make sure you love/need the other person less.
That is the secret to a healthy relationship for you. If you are willing to just walk away you are never on the losing side.
Obviously don't be an asshole about it. But that really applies to all sort of relationships including work.

For me, it is easy because I have lost my heart to the FC Schalke 04 when I was 7 years old.
No one could ever come as close to my heart except for maybe my dogs.

Some advice to everyone in regards to relationships. Always make sure you love/need the other person less.
That is the secret to a healthy relationship for you. If you are willing to just walk away you are never on the losing side.
Obviously don't be an asshole about it. But that really applies to all sort of relationships including work.

For me, it is easy because I have lost my heart to the FC Schalke 04 when I was 7 years old.
Tyronne with 2 n's. Was just reading on reddit. Not sure if there is a conclusion yet. Not familiar with how to navigate that place.

Tyronne with 2 n's. Was just reading on reddit. Not sure if there is a conclusion yet. Not familiar with how to navigate that place.

Thats a very comon name she could have just chossen anyway.

You have to always follow the lines on the individual comments and all the replies are under it. Its a horrible layout for a message board.
But usually, any conclusion is the top comment anyway so I don't think there is one yet :).

Someone has to lose in that because you can't both love each other less than your husband/wife loves you. If you're both in a perpetual contest over who loves the other less, maybe you shouldn't marry or have a kid with that person.

That's the most disrespectful shit ever.

I always somewhat blame the dudes for wifing up a girl that isn't 100% into you.

If she's still reminiscing about some dude she was whoring around with you shouldn't've had a baby with that. If she names the baby after that dude over her very husband she don't love ya bro.

Yeah, That's kind of fucked up. But what is more confusing is that the Dad was not involved in the naming of his own fucking kid. Especially a male kid.

There are different strategies for naming I guess. The way my wife and I worked it out was that we both had summary veto power over names we did not like.

Back