Dungeons & Dragons brethren... come hither.

Which Class were you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember being psyched for Tomb of Horrors and then dying there.

S1ModuleCover.jpg

I played as a standard fighter. Pissed my brother off when i ignored my weapon and used spin kicks.

Last edited:
I played as a standard fighter. Pissed my brother off when i ignore my weapon and used spin kicks.
I'd be pissed too, the potential damage for hand to hand vs armed combat isn't even comparable.

I played back in the late 70s and early 80s. Had a lot of fun.

Usually played a ranger

Race_Halfling.jpg

halfling bard.
the manlet who seduces women through song, like Prince and Bruno Mars.

I had a tenth level paladin named Phssthpok (I'll be amazed if anyone gets that reference) and loved drawing up dungeons on graph paper

After years of being a fantasy/sci-fi nerd and absolutely loving Baldur's Gate, I took the plunge and started playing 5E recently. In a club that plays different games each week: halfling rogue, half-orc fighter, human ranger. Held off forever because I opened the rule books and fuck all if it didn't look like using algebra to play make believe.

After years of being a fantasy/sci-fi nerd and absolutely loving Baldur's Gate, I took the plunge and started playing 5E recently. In a club that plays different games each week: halfling rogue, half-orc fighter, human ranger. Held off forever because I opened the rule books and fuck all if it didn't look like using algebra to play make believe.
I'm on the wait list for all the places near me.

This is almost as bad as liking mma.

Lol try it before mocking it

I moved to Toronto as a teen, didn't know a single person. Started a D&D club st my high school and made friends that i still hang with 35 years later

And even though we don't play D&D any longer these happen to be the guys i watch mma with

How's that for irony

I haven’t played since I was a tyke (my step dad was into it and would make stories for me and his son to play). I made a fighter who was basically a mid evil rut from street fighter and used Ki like magic for hadoukens.
Was a good time

So I have a thing for trolling DMs. I've never played a second day or made it to level 4, because I've never been reinvited.

I make really complex backstories for my character so I have a reason to interrupt the story. Its a lot of fun for everyone playing, especially if the DM has a stick up their ass.

My last character was a mountain dwarf that was racist towards orc because he thought they were rapists.

One of my friends recently bought "Dragon Heist" and got the old gang back together to play it. I'm running a halfling thief/monk who is basically a mix between young Michael J Fox and Mighty Mouse. We're having a blast.

One of my friends recently bought "Dragon Heist" and got the old gang back together to play it. I'm running a halfling thief/monk who is basically a mix between young Michael J Fox and Mighty Mouse. We're having a blast.
A short black guy with Parkinson's?

Last edited:
6b6936efe970f13d7d7c3842a6761642.jpg

Dragons of Winter Night muh fuckaaaaas.

e78zyIZi_0211171101451gpadd.jpg

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Winter-Night.jpg

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Spring-Dawning.jpg

And finally:

DRAGONLANCE-Dragons-of-Summer-Flame_horiz.jpg

Loved Dragonlance, had a bunch of the other books but sold them all off while in college.

Still have:

259815.jpg
51Gy0FXEFJL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Had tried reading the Lost Chronicles and the War of Souls but they just weren't that good on top of some shitty editing.

Last edited:
Watch Critical Role to relive the nostalgia

Stumbled upon CR while I was doing my taxes earlier this year as I wanted something going in the background..

...and I'm current to this day. It's entertaining as hell.

deborah-ann-woll.jpg

Is about to have her own show on Geek and Sundry.

Never played D&D for reals, just the computer versions.

As far as I can recall the only pen and paper rpg I ever played was one of the old Mutant editions (pre-Mutant Chronicles but post-steampunk Scandinavia).
And I usually got stuck with being the gamemaster because the only ones around playing rpg was my older brother and a few of his friends, and they just wanted someone to do the chores of calculating dice results and whatnot.
Seeing as I was eleven or so at this time, I got vetoed hard and often.
I'd be like "You encounter a pack of mutant kangaroos". And they'd be like "no, skip that, we'll just go straight to the secret weapons lab without any random events along the way. No more ad libing from you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back