Dustin Poirier vs Kevin Lee. Who wins?

Beer tastes awful

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not the logical next booking because Poirier will likely fight Ferg and Lee will fight the winner of Vick - Gaethje, or maybe Pettis.

Still, an interesting fight to think about, and one that could definitely happen someday.

Despite DP's impressive win tonight, he did get mounted by Eddie Alvarez, whose offensive wrestling and top control is not on Khabib or Lee's level. I feel that Lee will be able to hang with Dustin on the feet long enough to close the distance, take him down, and beat him up from top position. My pick would be Lee via 2nd round TKO.

Your thoughts on this Lightweight matchup?

Lee takes Dustin down at will and beats him up till he gets a submission.

Poirier loses to Conor,Khabib,Ferguson,Lee i believe but i also thought he would lose to Alvarez so who knows

5 rounder? I'd go with the diamond to find Lee's chin at some point. I'd favor Lee in a 3 rounder. Tough fight to call either way.

Dustns tdd is average at best. Lee goes for td right away. Can't see Dustin winning either Ferg, Lee, or beebs

Lee will take Dustin down and pound on him until Dustin exposes back for choke

Kevin lee would finish porier within two rounds. Styles make fights! Eddie played into Diamonds skillset. But Lee is too good a wrestler with good boxing to set the pace. Diamond could catch him but I find it unlikely!!

Awesome fight, but Dustin was getting worked on the ground there for a bit.

Did some questionable things. Like why go for the guillotine a second time after losing one you had locked in and held onto for 30 secs right before? Has that ever worked?

Easily mounted multiple times.

Eddie isnt a suffocating top heavy wrestler like Lee.

Ill root for Poreir because i like his style, but i think elite wrestlers will work him

Bad match up for Dustin. Kevin takes him down, rinse and repeat.

Could Dustin survive long enough for Lee's tank to go on empty? Possibly but on paper it's bad stylistically.

Depends what Lee shows up, and if he wants to stand longer than he should. At this point I don't imagine he would only stand with anyone, he will absolutely try for a takedown at some point in the 1st. If he doesn't use it as much as possible or finish Dustin inside of 2, Dustin would probably win by tko eventually

+ People will say Eddie taking him down or having top control a hole or weakness, when in reality Eddie could probably take Lee down too

Lee is a tough fight for most guys in the division. He's a bad match-up for Dustin.

If Lee beats Al in December:

Lee vs Poirier (Lee)
Khabib vs Tony (Khabib)
Diaz vs Conor III (no idea but I hope Diaz wins)

LW is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back