Dutch FM drops multicultural truth bomb...

Real hate crimes or more fake ones?

As opposed to the single fake one...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...issauga-man-speaks-out-after-attack-1.4751217

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/race-incident-london-sobeys-1.4753017

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...ABAB&usg=AOvVaw0OcihDM2Fj5PW2n0las9ps&ampcf=1

https://news.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/4344vp/hate-crimes-increased-in-canada-last-year

Just a few articles.

Personally, I had never seen white supremacy propaganda posters before in all my years living in Ontario and now they are popping up on the street here in Toronto and I have also seen them in Sudbury. (I'm not counting stupid kids spray painting swastikas etc to be funny with no real motive).

Numbeo on the rate of crime increase in Canada over the last 3 year.

While that is conjecture, it is impossible to ignore the historical precedence that exists on the subject.
Here are some cold hard facts;
Different cultures have inherently different value systems which leads to inherently different crime rates.
Different cultures produce different levels of wealth. We know that wealth disparity leads to status disparity in men (See GINI coefficient effects on status and violent crime) making individual males from low status communities much more likely to be violent as that is a secondary methodology of establishing status.
Mixed cultural communities become breeding grounds for ethnocentric political and social movements.

This is all well known and well understood sociology. It is just material that teachers won't teach and politicians are afraid to talk about.

"We know that wealth disparity leads to status disparity in men (See GINI coefficient effects on status and violent crime) making individual males from low status communities much more likely to be violent as that is a secondary methodology of establishing status."

I agree poverty creates crime.

I also agree that racism / classism creates poverty and crime.

So, I would say its not a multicultural issue at all but one related to poverty.

If the economy goes bad and people lose their minds over it, then it's the economy's fault. Not multiculturalism's. You just admitted with your post that the economy is a greater factor than how multicultural a place is when it comes to communities getting along.
The economy goes up and down, social stress rises when the economy falls. Its unrealistic to suggest that the economy is to blame for peoples response to it.

Give me an example any society that doesn't have internal violence and is purely peaceful.
Most of northern Europe in the 70s-90s, and Japan are about as close as you get. American suburbs 50s-90s had many fights, but crime stats were pretty low, overall.

South Korea's murder rate isn't that low.
Singapore and Iceland are better examples.
It's still almost 10 times lower than America's. That seems like nonviolent paradise in comparison. One thing that all these low murder rate countries have in common is strict gun laws. Even countries with more overall violent crime have lower murder rates -- because of gun laws.

It's still almost 10 times lower than America's. That seems like nonviolent paradise in comparison.

America's extremely violent for a developed nation, even Indonesia has a lower homicide rate than South Korea though.

America's extremely violent for a developed nation, even Indonesia has a lower homicide rate than South Korea though.
That comes down to a case where I just don't believe Indonesia's reported murder rate. There's no way that South Korea is more violent than Indonesia.

My wife isn't Dutch but shes a psychiatrist and she beyond blunt to the point where she has said things that have literally left people gaping at her and then walked away saying, "don't ask questions you don't want the answer to". Its funny to me but some people get downright bent over it.

Any examples?

"We know that wealth disparity leads to status disparity in men (See GINI coefficient effects on status and violent crime) making individual males from low status communities much more likely to be violent as that is a secondary methodology of establishing status."

I agree poverty creates crime.

I also agree that racism / classism creates poverty and crime.

So, I would say its not a multicultural issue at all but one related to poverty.
Race/class bias does not create poverty in a meaningful way. Differences in culture create relative differences in wealth generation. You can't separate the two. The Germans are a more productive group then the Greeks. Thus if you put both groups in the same economic zone you will eventually see economic stratification closely correlated with race/ethnicity. That is a functional inevitability in a functioning meritocracy. You are attempting to equate bigotry with differences in outcome. That is not justified by the statistics we have.

For example in the historically black neighborhoods that have seen declining black demographic membership the issue of gentrification is often brought up. Very few people actually understand these issues to any real depth but gentrification is actually a very real, and a very serious problem for many black communities and its one of the things they have every right to be justified in their anger over. If historically black communities are representative of the culture that those communities wish to make then economic disparity being a bludgeon for the alteration of that community is a perfect reflection of culture taking a back seat to economics. This is why economic control of homogeneous communities are is so important. Communities homogeneous or they fall apart, this is simply the historical reality. The greater community becomes the playing field for economic competition or stratification is inevitable.

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/dropbox-airbnb-fight-san-franciscos-public-spaces

This is an example of this cultural struggle in action. Basketball courts that have traditionally been run by one cultural norm. Play and stay, are then bullied into change by economic disparities into a system that favors another group. This is how cultural tension seeds and grows. These are the low level battle grounds that create bigotry.

That comes down to a case where I just wouldn't believe Indonesia's reported murder rate. There's no way that South Korea is more violent than Indonesia.

Indonesia has a population of 261 million and the violence has always been extremely regionally confined. The murder rate has dropped massively since the independence of East Timor and the Free Aceh Movement dissolving their armed wing. Mimika still has a homicide rate of @30 per 100,000.
Of course I'm just going by homicide rates. You're still probably more likely to be a victim of religious/ethnic/political violence in Indonesia (compared to South Korea that is, not compared to the US).

Back