Dutch FM drops multicultural truth bomb...

Right, the actual neighborhoods where people sleep in the city may appear that way. Most times, that is the result of their financial situation. But go to Times Square or any other gathering place and all of those people are peacefully coexisting and hanging out together. People aren't all "sticking to their own" at all, that's just an absurd statement to make. You are making this grand assumption that people in black neighborhoods live there because they are "sticking to their own" and not just because that's what they can afford. I grew up in a nice area, and my school was 45% black.

This is really stupid. It is like saying all different races go to class together. No shit. They have to. They are required to. But what about any free time or situation? Like in the cafeteria. They hang out with their own. Look at a college cafeteria. It is broken down by race like a prison. Another place where natural segregation happens.

media.hdp_.hbgusa.com_.jpg

Last edited:
This is really stupid. It is like saying all different races go to class together. No shit. They have to. They are required to. But what about any free time or situation? Like in the cafeteria. They hang out with their own. Look at a college cafeteria. It is broken down by race like a prison. Another place where natural segregation happens.

media.hdp_.hbgusa.com_.jpg

Sitting together at a cafeteria table does not mean that you are not friends and existing in harmony with your other classmates.

Sitting together at a cafeteria table does not mean that you are not friends and existing in harmony with your other classmates.

People naturally self segregate. America is not a melting pot. It is a stew pot. The same ingredients stick together. Sorry for ruining that fantasy of yours. Funny how people find more harmony with people who look like them than people who don't look like them.

People naturally self segregate. America is not a melting pot. It is a stew pot. The same ingredients stick together. Sorry for ruining that fantasy of yours.

That is not even close to my American experience. It is also not the experience of millions of others. You live how you want, and if that is segregating yourself and missing out on the opportunity we have here, then enjoy your segregated life. I don't see how that could be very fulfilling though. Try branching out.

That is not even close to my American experience. It is also not the experience of millions of others. You live how you want, and if that is segregating yourself and missing out on the opportunity we have here, then enjoy your segregated life. I don't no see how that could be very fulfilling though.

Ya, well it is reality. It is shown in the maps and show in the cafeterias and shown in the prisons. Your fairytale world doesn't exist. Anywhere it does, is artificial. When forces are allowed to their own inertia, they segregate. Sorry. Fact of life.

Ya, well it is reality. It is shown in the maps and show in the cafeterias and shown in the prisons. Your fairytale world doesn't exist. Anywhere it does, is artificial. When forces are allowed to their own inertia, they segregate. Sorry. Fact of life.

Lol. What artificial force infiltrated my reality and made my community so integrated?

Some truly whacky people on this forum.

Lol. What artificial force infiltrated my reality and made my community so integrated?

Some truly whacky people on this forum.

Here is some reality to wake you up from your fairy tale. Stop with this horseshit that America is not segregated. Don't let facts sway your after school special narrative.

WASHINGTON — America’s public schools – 62 years after the Supreme Court's historic Brown v. Board of Education decision – are increasingly segregated by race and class, according to new findings by Congress’ watchdog agency that echo what advocates for low-income and minority students have said for years.

U.S. Rep. John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat and one of two lawmakers who requested the study, said it “confirms what has long been feared and proves that current barriers against educational equality are eerily similar to those fought during the civil rights movement. There simply can be no excuse for allowing educational apartheid in the 21st century.”

The segregation findings are not new to civil rights advocates, who for years have complained that U.S. schools are splintered by race and class. The Civil Rights Project at UCLA just this week reported that even as the number of minority students in U.S. public schools has grown over the past three decades, diversity has taken a hit in many schools. It noted that the percentage of “hyper-segregated schools, in which 90% or more of students are minorities, grew since 1988 from 5.7% to 18.4%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/17/gao-study-segregation-worsening-us-schools/84508438/

closer to home:

When asked about school segregation in New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio has said that schools are segregated because neighborhoods are: “We cannot change the basic reality of housing in New York City.”

Now, as a debate about plans to integrate middle schools has engulfed one Manhattan district, a report released on Wednesdayundermines that notion. It found that a full 40 percent of New York City kindergartners do not attend the nearby school to which they are assigned. That’s a vast stream of 27,000 5-year-olds funneling through the city each day.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...hool-choice-increases-school-segregation.html

Here is some reality to wake you up from your fairy tale. Stop with this horseshit that America is not segregated. Don't let facts sway your after school special narrative.

WASHINGTON — America’s public schools – 62 years after the Supreme Court's historic Brown v. Board of Education decision – are increasingly segregated by race and class, according to new findings by Congress’ watchdog agency that echo what advocates for low-income and minority students have said for years.

U.S. Rep. John Conyers, a Michigan Democrat and one of two lawmakers who requested the study, said it “confirms what has long been feared and proves that current barriers against educational equality are eerily similar to those fought during the civil rights movement. There simply can be no excuse for allowing educational apartheid in the 21st century.”

The segregation findings are not new to civil rights advocates, who for years have complained that U.S. schools are splintered by race and class. The Civil Rights Project at UCLA just this week reported that even as the number of minority students in U.S. public schools has grown over the past three decades, diversity has taken a hit in many schools. It noted that the percentage of “hyper-segregated schools, in which 90% or more of students are minorities, grew since 1988 from 5.7% to 18.4%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/05/17/gao-study-segregation-worsening-us-schools/84508438/

closer to home:

When asked about school segregation in New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio has said that schools are segregated because neighborhoods are: “We cannot change the basic reality of housing in New York City.”

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...hool-choice-increases-school-segregation.html

You are referring to two completely different things, and I can't tell if you even realize it or not.

People naturally self segregate. America is not a melting pot. It is a stew pot. The same ingredients stick together. Sorry for ruining that fantasy of yours. Funny how people find more harmony with people who look like them than people who don't look like them.
Maybee in your circle but that's not been my experience. Yes most White people are friends with Whites and Blacks with Blacks, because most White people live , go to school and work around other White people and Blacks live next to other Blacks. With Hispanics, the language issue comes into play. In my nephew's and neice's school, kids of different races hang out with each other.

We're having different conversations. I was writing only about "cohabitation" (as in the OP), by which I mean different races/ethnicities living together in immediate proximity. In Singapore, forced integration is law and---somewhat amazingly---it has worked out. In Malaysia, by contrast, most Chinese live in Chinese-majority neighborhoods. Chinese intermarriage with Bumiputras is rare.

Not in my experience. You certainly get some Malay areas in Kelantan and Terengganu where the only recognisable minority would be the Orang Asli, who were relatively segregated. In any of the cosmopolitan areas though, that's not the case.
For that matter, even in small town Ipoh in the '80s the segregation was mostly economic. Chinese, Tamils and Malays shared apartment complexes in areas defined by income, not ethnicity or race.
This wasn't just restricted to the poorer groups either, with the wealthier groups (frequently British educated and even more cosmopolitan) much the same.
Of course marriage between groups with different languages and religions tends to be rare, especially with the explicit legal issues surrounding religious conversion and the children of mixed religious background marriages in Malaysia (regardless of whether the parents are actually practicing/believers).
If there was a lot of intermarriage then you'd be more likely to have a multiracial monoculture, more like Brazil (which is again, more economically segregated).
In my personal circle it's extremely common though, in every country I've lived in.

You are referring to two completely different things, and I can't tell if you even realize it or not.

You are talking about a world where racial harmony is the norm. That is a bullshit narrative. You are acting like our country is not segregated. Why would you push such a narrative? Do you want to keep it that way? Are you happy with it? Stop fuckin defending it and acting bewildered when it is pointed out to you. You are part of the problem.

Not really. Not much cohabitation in the US. Blacks and whites mostly stick to their own, let alone other groups.

Compared to which country?

In Germany you know how Germans know if a black guy is American and not an African immigrant? If they are hanging out with white Americans.

In Russia, good luck seeing an white people hanging out with black people.

In Austria, if you are a white guy walking around with a girl that is even a half shade darker than you, you and her will get the nastiest looks from Austrian women.

And that's just off the top of my head.

You are talking about a world where racial harmony is the norm. That is a bullshit narrative. You are acting like our country is not segregated. Why would you push such a narrative? Do you want to keep it that way? Are you happy with it? Stop fuckin defending it and acting bewildered when it is pointed out to you. You are part of the problem.

I am speaking on my own 30-something years of life experience all over the east coast. I grew up in Maryland, I went to University of MD, I've spent plenty of time in New Jersey and New York, and have family from here to Connecticut.

What you are describing (black kids sitting together at lunch) does not mean there is not harmony. If my lunch table was mostly white kids, and I hung out with mostly black kids on the weekend, would that just burst your entire world view? Lol. Come on.

I'm sorry I'm not an alarmist. My life has been great, no racial issues, lots of integration and diversity, all different types of friends from all over the world. I've lived in houses or apartments (college apartment) with Whites, Asians, Indians, Caribbean Islanders, and Africans. My closest friend is a black guy who grew up in Philadelphia. Maybe I'll ask him what his grade-school cafeteria table was like, Lol.

SE michigan. We do pretty well in SE MI. Nobody cares.

White people commit plenty of crime too.

That's gotta be the softest definition of "plenty" I've ever heard. If white people commited the same amount of crime % and per capita that black people did, our country would be Fucksville. Population of Death and Destruction

That's gotta be the softest definition of "plenty" I've ever heard. If white people commited the same amount of crime % and per capita that black people did, our country would be Fucksville. Population of Death and Destruction

It's almost like you didn't read the OP, and did not apply any context to that post at all.

Compared to which country?

In Germany you know how Germans know if a black guy is American and not an African immigrant? If they are hanging out with white Americans.

In Russia, good luck seeing an white people hanging out with black people.

In Austria, if you are a white guy walking around with a girl that is even a half shade darker than you, you and her will get the nastiest looks from Austrian women.

And that's just off the top of my head.

I'm saying that different races don't usually live together in the US, not that interracial marriage and cohabitation of different races don't exist.

More rigorously: I have no doubt that most neighborhoods and housing complexes in the US are over 70% of one particular race. I also have little doubt that the chance that a random person lives in a neighborhood or housing complex for which his own race is the majority race is over 70%.

Contrast with a place like Singapore, where the Chinese and Indians are forced to cohabit.

I am speaking on my own 30-something years of life experience all over the east coast. I grew up in Maryland, I went to University of MD, I've spent plenty of time in New Jersey and New York, and have family from here to Connecticut.

What you are describing (black kids sitting together at lunch) does not mean there is not harmony. If my lunch table was mostly white kids, and I hung out with mostly black kids on the weekend, would that just burst your entire world view? Lol. Come on.

I'm sorry I'm not an alarmist. My life has been great, no racial issues, lots of integration and diversity, all different types of friends from all over the world. I've lived in houses or apartments (college apartment) with Whites, Asians, Indians, Caribbean Islanders, and Africans. My closest friend is a black guy who grew up in Philadelphia. Maybe I'll ask him what his grade-school cafeteria table was like, Lol.
Based on my experience, you're both right. In NYC alone I've been to places where people naturally self segregate, and others where people of all different races and cultures want to spend their free time together. In high school for example, there were Indians who wanted to be with other Indians, and Indians who didn't care who they were with (my high school was like 40% Indian, 50% Italian, 10% other). It really depends on the people involved.

I'm saying that different races don't usually live together in the US, not that interracial marriage and cohabitation of different races don't exist.

More rigorously: I have no doubt that most neighborhoods and housing complexes in the US are over 70% of one particular race. I also have little doubt that the chance that a random person lives in a neighborhood or housing complex for which his own race is the majority race is over 70%.

Contrast with a place like Singapore, where the Chinese and Indians are forced to cohabit.

And I'm saying that COMPARED to pretty much any country, the US has more voluntary cohabitation, voluntary friend/company, etc etc than any other country I've ever been to.

Based on my experience, you're both right. In NYC alone I've been to places where people naturally self segregate, and others where people of all different races and cultures want to spend their free time together. In high school for example, there were Indians who wanted to be with other Indians, and Indians who didn't care who they were with (my high school was like 40% Indian, 50% Italian, 10% other). It really depends on the people involved.

Yes, in the "forced experience" thing I was talking about. An Indian girl who grew up on Long Island. Like first day of school they introduce her to the only other Indian in the her grade/school. Like, "You are both brown and should get along." She was thinking to herself how fuckin weird this is. That they should hang out because they are both brown. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back