Dutch FM drops multicultural truth bomb...

It's almost like you didn't read the OP, and did not apply any context to that post at all.

I was just directing at your post. Not sure how or why you are trying to deflect.

Based on my experience, you're both right. In NYC alone I've been to places where people naturally self segregate, and others where people of all different races and cultures want to spend their free time together. In high school for example, there were Indians who wanted to be with other Indians, and Indians who didn't care who they were with (my high school was like 40% Indian, 50% Italian, 10% other). It really depends on the people involved.

Yeah, exactly. Just like people who play basketball tend to enjoy spending time with other basketball players, and people who smoke weed tend to like being around people who smoke weed, etc. People group by interest.

If you're from an Indian family, there's a good chance you have a similar upbringing as other Indian kids, which makes a friendship with them valuable. That's not a sign of a lack of racial harmony, and there is nothing wrong with it at all. Some of the most hilarious conversations I've ever had were with groups of immigrant (or kids of immigrants) telling stories about their parents.

Yes, in the "forced experience" thing I was talking about. An Indian girl who grew up on Long Island. Like first day of school they introduce her to the only other Indian in the her grade/school. Like, "You are both brown and should get along." She was thinking to herself how fuckin weird this is. That they should hang out because they are both brown. lol.
I didn't read all your guys' posts. What was the forced experience thing you're talking about?

I didn't read all your guys' posts. What was the forced experience thing you're talking about?

I have no idea what he's talking about. I've never seen brown kids introduced by teachers, Lol. The only time I have seen anything close to that done is if there is a language barrier and there is a kid who can help translate.

Yeah, exactly. Just like people who play basketball tend to enjoy spending time with other basketball players, and people who smoke weed tend to like being around people who smoke weed, etc. People group by interest.

If you're from an Indian family, there's a good chance you have a similar upbringing as other Indian kids, which makes a friendship with them valuable. That's not a sign of a lack of racial harmony, and there is nothing wrong with it at all. Some of the most hilarious conversations I've ever had were with groups of immigrant (or kids of immigrants) telling stories about their parents.
I tell India stories to my white friends all the time haha. I will say that I've met groups who don't prefer to talk to other groups, even in liberal NYC. For example, I've met stereotypically ghetto black dudes from a black neighborhood who'll hang out and play basketball with anyone. And I've also met well educated black people from a diverse area who don't want anything to do with whites. It really just depends on the individual involved.

And I'm saying that COMPARED to pretty much any country, the US has more voluntary cohabitation, voluntary friend/company, etc etc than any other country I've ever been to.
Sure. My point still stands. The races don't cohabit much.

The United States would be the obvious example. The US is violent, but the vast majority of violence is between members of the same race and culture.

We're assuming, of course, the original population they are referring to are not actual indigenous natives.
So you advocate for segregation? Doesn't that prove his point?

I tell India stories to my white friends all the time haha. I will say that I've met groups who don't prefer to talk to other groups, even in liberal NYC. For example, I've met stereotypically ghetto black dudes from a black neighborhood who'll hang out and play basketball with anyone. And I've also met well educated black people from a diverse area who don't want anything to do with whites. It really just depends on the individual involved. Indiv

In my experience, kids from immigrant families seem to have a lot of similar stories, even if they are from different parts of the world. The other day my Ethiopian friend and Filipino friend were telling stories, and although they were on different continents, there are similarities in the immigrant experience that kinda brings them all together. One of the most hilarious conversations was a Korean, Filipino, Chinese, Trini, and Ethiopian sharing cultural superstitions they grew up around. Some of that stuff is hilarious, but it also shows just how similar people are all over the world.

A better thing to say would be that name one place white people have gone that hasn't become a hellhole of racism, hate and terror.

About peaceful countries with multiethnic society what about Kazakhstan? People of 125 nationalities/ethnicities permanently lives there, according to http://www.zakon.kz/4551581-na-territorii-kazakhstana-postojanno.html (it's in Russian)

Thank you.

What a stupid fuckin comment by the PM. Almost every nation that has existed in the last several hundred years, at least, had to unify different ethnic, language, and racial groups. All across the Caucus region, all across Asia, all across Africa and South America, there are dozens of multicultural countries.

When Westerners complain about multiculturalism, they don't mean multiculturalism as it is defined and has been practiced everywhere, they mean that they don't like Muslims or Africans or whatever other group.

It's natural to stick to groups of your own kind and look at groups that are not like you with distrust. I don't know a single white person who would be completely comfortable in a crowed room of 30 black people and it goes the same the other way. I visited the beautiful butterfly exhibit in Key West, FL. The first thing I noticed is that those butterflies were completely racist. You can see the different kinds of butterflies in their own groups all throughout. The butterflies with the blue wings would stay in their own area while the butterflies with the orange wings would gather in a different area. All the different types had their own groups. Its simply nature and millions of years of survival instincts at work.

I'm taking cohabitation to mean living together in close proximity in the same neighborhoods. Not a lot of that going on in the USA. Typically a neighborhood will have a dominant majority race. Sure you can find whites in Harlem, but it's dominated by blacks. You can find blacks in Flushing, but it's dominated by Chinese people.

I'm being generous to you by focusing on the "bastion of diversity", New York City. The country as a whole is even more segregated.
I don't know how you can say this without addressing the very real history of segregation in this country as a key factor. Suburbs were specifically designed to be racially segregated enclaves for whites for instance so of course many neighborhoods into the present are going to remain so.

Besides, you're insisting on a narrow definition of cohabitation. In any major city people spend much of their time outside their neighborhoods and interacting with people of other neighborhoods. How can you say that living in multicultural city doesn't count as cohabitation? The politician quoted in the OP explicitly mentions society in her answer, in America we very much live in a multicultural society even if some of our neighborhoods aren't.

Sure. My point still stands. The races don't cohabit much.

As long as you don't act like the cohabitation between the two is better than any other country than America, than COOL.

edit: Your posts reek of someone that has never stepped foot outside of the US.

I can weigh in here on two points. First, I grew up in Canada in the 70s and 80s and moved to the US in 1990s. Now when I visit, I am sad at how it has changed. Part of that is inevitable as the population grows, part could have been avoided. Second, my wife is Dutch and I can vouch for the lack of a brain-mouth filter in Dutch people. Sometimes it's refreshing, sometimes it's not.

Sad about what exactly?

It's natural to stick to groups of your own kind and look at groups that are not like you with distrust. I don't know a single white person who would be completely comfortable in a crowed room of 30 black people and it goes the same the other way.

Maybe you don't know very many people? I'm black and went to almost entirely white schools growing up and I felt totally comfortable. I've also invited non-black friends to events full of black people and they felt fine.

Are you right handed? Would you feel uncomfortable in a room full of left handed people? Would you feel uncomfortable in a room full of people who didn't have the same hair color as you?

'Triggered' doesn't even describe the shitstorm he's kicked off. And all he did was tell the truth. Crazy times are these.

Peaceful multicultural societies don’t exist, Dutch FM

“I have asked my ministry this and I will pose the question here as well,” Blok can be heard saying in the video. “Give me an example of a multi-ethnic or a multi-cultural society, in which the original population still lives, and where there is a peaceful cohabitation. I don’t know one.”
https://www.rt.com/news/433645-dutch-fm-multicultural-societies/

I am sure some disagree, but the facts are still the facts.

The truth shall set you free!

Not really. Not much cohabitation in the US. Blacks and whites mostly stick to their own, let alone other groups.

LOL, bullshit I hate to tell you. You need to get out more often, dude.

'Triggered' doesn't even describe the shitstorm he's kicked off. And all he did was tell the truth. Crazy times are these.

Peaceful multicultural societies don’t exist, Dutch FM

“I have asked my ministry this and I will pose the question here as well,” Blok can be heard saying in the video. “Give me an example of a multi-ethnic or a multi-cultural society, in which the original population still lives, and where there is a peaceful cohabitation. I don’t know one.”
https://www.rt.com/news/433645-dutch-fm-multicultural-societies/

I am sure some disagree, but the facts are still the facts.

Multicultural does NOT EQUAL people are different colors or ethnicity. It means where one CULTURE is not dominant. It is about base beliefs system and values, not skin color.

The USA is a creed based society and open to anyone who wants to embrace it. Anyone can become an american.

Not all cultures are the same. If one culture seeks to dominate and grow into a huge voting bloc then you will have problems.

Angela Merkel stated Multiculturalism was a failure in 2010.

B8hZSdL.png

Back