Duterte Harry, Part 1: The rise of Duterte & the shifting sociopolitical climate in the Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I wouldn't worry too much if the commies try to take over. If it weren't against community guidelines I'd post a vid, but you can just google United States air strike ISIS videos. Not as badass as the way Russians fuck shit up, but still fun to watch snackbars get blown to pieces and crying "aloha snackbar" in desperation.

In b4 "Islamophobe"

Nah, its fine. Fuck those guys.

Philippines' Duterte says China, Russia supportive when he complained of U.S

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said on Sunday he had received support from Russia and China when he complained to them about the United States, in another broadside that could test his increasingly fragile alliance with Washington.

Duterte said that during a meeting on the sidelines of a leaders' summit in Laos last month, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev had agreed with him when he railed against the United States.

"I met with Medvedev, I am revealing it to you now," Duterte said in a speech. "I told him this is the situation: They are giving me a hard time, they are disrespecting me; they are shameless.

"He said: 'That is really how the Americans are.' He said: 'We will help you.'"

Duterte gave no further details about the nature of his complaints.

His ire toward the United States has intensified since U.S. President Barack Obama said he would raise concerns about Duterte's deadly war on drugs.

The White House canceled a meeting between them in Laos after Duterte had called Obama a "son of a bitch."

Duterte said on Sunday he had raised objections about the United States to China also.

China said the Philippines would not benefit from siding with the United States, according to Duterte. It was not immediately clear which Chinese official he was quoting and when the remark was made.

Duterte has said repeatedly during recent, frequent speeches that he planned to open new alliances with Russia and China, particularly for trade and commerce, as part of his pursuit of an independent foreign policy.

Several commercial and diplomatic sources have confirmed to Reuters that a Philippine business delegation will accompany Duterte on a visit to Beijing from Oct. 19-21.

So I wonder what the Ruskies will bring to the table when Duterte makes a deal with them.

Last edited:
Meh, I wouldn't worry too much if the commies try to take over. If it weren't against community guidelines I'd post a vid, but you can just google United States air strike ISIS videos. Not as badass as the way Russians fuck shit up, but still fun to watch snackbars get blown to pieces and crying "aloha snackbar" in desperation.

In b4 "Islamophobe"
You can post air strike videos, I post worse stuff than that in the Syria thread and I've never got a warning.

The Philippines needs the US, whether Duterte likes it or not

October 4, 2016
f8297cd96a3d1ca7b193818b0325d823

Outspoken Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to eject American troops from his country, but that could leave the Philippines powerless against potential Chinese encroachment.

The U.S. and Philippines were enemies during the Philippine-American War of 1899-1902, with Washington only granting Manila full independence in 1946. But since a 1951 treaty that enables each country to aid one another during an invasion, the world's largest economy has maintained an on-and-off military presence on the island nation for decades.

But on Sunday, Duterte threatened to end a security pact signed in 2014 by his predecessor Benigno Aquino III, known as the Philippines-US Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA). The deal, which was only implemented in January, brought U.S. forces back onto to military bases in the Philippines for the first time since they were expelled in 1991.

Around 300 U.S. troops were being routinely rotated in and out of the country, Defense Secretary Ash Carter said in May. In addition, there are also about 107 soldiers currently based in the southern province of Mindanao.

Duterte, also known as The Punisher, has ramped up his anti-American rhetoric in recent days after Washington, alongside Europe and other members of the international community, condemned the government's use of extra-judicial killings in a narcotics crackdown .

"Instead of helping us [with the war on drugs], the first to hit was the State Department. So you can go to hell, Mr Obama, you can go to hell," the former Davao City mayor was quoted as saying on Tuesday, adding that Washington had also refused to sell weapons to his administration.

The White House said Duterte's comments were "at odds" with the deeply rooted bilateral alliance, adding that Manila had yet to communicate any changes in the relationship, Reuters reported on Wednesday.

A look back at history reveals the potentially disastrous consequences if Manila were to oust U.S. troops, Ernest Bower, president and CEO of political risk consultancy BowerGroupAsia (BGA), told CNBC on Tuesday.

After The Philippines closed U.S. bases in Subic Bay and Clart in 1991, Beijing began asserting its claim to the Scarborough Shoal, a territory in the South China Sea that is claimed by both Manila and Beijing, Bower pointed out. That eventually resulted in China's 2012 exclusion of all Philippine fishing and law enforcement activities from the shoal, which motivated Manila to seek arbitration from The Hague international court .

It's hard to say whether or not Beijing would exploit the lack of U.S. forces to ramp up its presence in the conflicted South China Sea. But escalated Chinese aggression amid already heightened geopolitical tensions was definitely the worst-case scenario, Richard Bush, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution at The Brookings Institution, warned in a note last week.

Beijing could expand its physical and military presence in the region, to the point of effectively seizing landforms held by Vietnam, Philippines and others, Bush explained. But that risk of conflict was reduced if East Asian governments maintained a robust alliance with the U.S., he added.

The withdrawal of U.S. forces could also impact the Philippines's terror situation.

The soldiers in Mindanao— a hotbed for jihadist group Abu Sayyaf —are there to assist local forces with counter-terror operations, including surveillance, training and information sharing, according to local media. Last month, Duterte called on American soldiers to leave the region as they were prime targets for Abu Sayyaf, but his Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana later insisted on their presence.

"We still need them there because they have the surveillance capability that our armed forces don't have," Lorenzana was reported as saying on September 15.

Lastly, Duterte could endanger his sky-high popularity rating if he kicks the U.S. military out of the country.

"The people didn't elect Duterte to deal with foreign policy. The anti-American rhetoric is good politics in The Philippines but if you took American troops out and left the country open to China, Filipinos would start to turn again [Duterte] and if that happens, he would be in trouble," Bower said.

Ultimately, strategists are uncertain on whether the Philippine leader will follow through on his threats.

It's too early to tell whether Washington should accept Manila's new foreign policy vision, analysts at The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) said in a Friday note. "There is little question Duterte is set on pursuing a more independent foreign policy, at least when it comes to regional security issues, but it remains to be seen whether he will decide to roll back other areas of bilateral U.S.-Philippine cooperation."

Bower, meanwhile, does not believe Duterte will take action, saying that his rhetoric was more bark than bite. "The U.S.-Philippine alliance will weather the storm."
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/philippines-needs-us-whether-duterte-011343114.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...hilippines-police-chief-denies-state-killings

1) police chief: 'no hit squads exist'
2) 75% still back Duterte

The people are all pro Duterte they believed all the lies Duterte spews like Dutertes claims that the US is destabilizing the country and that the USA are directly behind ISIS.

Duterte also claims that the US refused to sell weapons to the Philippines to fight terrorist.

The Duterte supporters are using the 9/11 conspiracy truters as proof that the US has plans for world domibation and that they are the ones behind Chinas military expantion.

This is why the other day I lashed out againts the Truters in the 9/11 thread.,since those bsstards are just giving fuel for the anti American sentiment spreading in my country.

The Durterte supporters are too far gone they have been tottaly brain washed and they will kill for Duterte.

The people are all pro Duterte they believed all the lies Duterte spews like Dutertes claims that the US is destabilizing the country and that the USA are directly behind ISIS.

Duterte also claims that the US refused to sell weapons to the Philippines to fight terrorist.

The Duterte supporters are using the 9/11 conspiracy truters as proof that the US has plans for world domibation and that they are the ones behind Chinas military expantion.

This is why the other day I lashed out againts the Truters in the 9/11 thread.,since those bsstards are just giving fuel for the anti American sentiment spreading in my country.

The Durterte supporters are too far gone they have been tottaly brain washed and they will kill for Duterte.
Better keep your mouth shut then. I don't think Duerte's people has any qualms shooting you and presenting your corpse as "drug pusher".

There are talks of Martial law I am sure they will start shutting down social media and start destroying all the so called "Western influences".

Yet some peopl still wants to burry their head in the sand and justify communism as some thing that can be a force for good when history has showed it just fucked countries every now and then.

You are butthurt because Duterte was democratically elected.

Hitler was, too.

You mistake me for a person that values democratic results. I look at the results that those democratic elections produce, regardless of whether it is the "people's will" or not.

The people can sometimes be very stupid.

Hitler was, too.

You mistake me for a person that values democratic results. I look at the results that those democratic elections produce, regardless of whether it is the "people's will" or not.

The people can sometimes be very stupid.

They have saying democracy is not for Idiots just like the Idiots who voted for Durrterte.

They voted againts their self interest, now I can't wait for him to cut ties with the west so the unemployment would skyrocket and these people will realize what a big mistake electing him.

Oh wait those people wont realize anything they will just blame the USA,Chinese,Martians for cutting of the ecconomy they will blame anyone except Duterte.

97% of the population will be queuing up for 15 hours a day to get shitty piece of bread and this people will think Duterte is their savior.

This generation of Filipino millenials are the worst.

In b4 "Islamophobe"

The Commies can be as bad as Muslim fundies just look at Nokor.

And this Filipino Commies are delusional as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back