International Duterte Harry v3: Philippines Tells U.S. It Will End Military Cooperation Deal

I remember that pay-for-protest was a thing like 10 to 12 years ago in the Philippines. I don't know if it is still like that, but I would assume it would be no problem at all for the government to mobilize 5-10 thousand people to demonstrate in support of Duterte.

A guy who's had thousands killed because they sell or use drugs can't exactly let his kid walk under the same circumstances.

Duterte taking a page from Erdogans play book accuse any opposition as coup plotters.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/1852...acebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nation

Duterte warns of revolutionary gov't amid 'destabilization'

duterte-revolutionary-government-20171013-1_64B44CFAF0F54650800E55B3BCB33F24.jpg

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte warned that he will declare a revolutionary government once he senses that a destabilization plot is about to install a new leader to replace him.

In an interview aired on Friday, October 13, Duterte said this possible revolutionary government will last until the end of his term.

The President told his critics that he will create this revolutionary government if he thinks they're "about to take over the nation," and if they "have destabilized government" to the point that they will name a new leader.

"'Pag ang destabilization ninyo patagilid na at medyo magulo na (Once your destabilization is already creating chaos), I will not hesitate to declare a revolutionary government until the end of my term, and I will arrest all of you, and we can go to a full-scale war against the Reds," he said.

Duterte said he is not keen on declaring martial law because a revolutionary government is faster to form.

"Martial law, re-report report pa ako sa Congress. Mag-declare ako ng revolutionary government, period," he said. (With martial law, I will have to do reporting before Congress. I will declare a revolutionary government, period.)

The Philippine leader made these remarks in an interview with broadcasater Erwin Tulfo in the PTV show Sa Totoo Lang. The PTV interview was taped on Thursday, October 12.

Duterte has repeatedly toyed with the idea of a revolutionary government, but said in August that he is "not into it."

Duterte Tells CIA ‘Kill Me or Get Out of My Country’
https://special-ops.org/news/world/duterte-tells-cia-kill-get-country/

rodrigo-duterte-sniper-rifle.jpg

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has accused the US Central Intelligence Agency of plotting his assassination, and not for the first time. Whether his allegations hold weight or not, the spying organization has demonstrably played a role in the slaying of numerous troublesome world leaders.

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said October 12 the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) should be blamed in the event of his untimely death.

As for me, I’ll be telling Filipinos: if I die, it’s America [that’s behind it]. It’s the CIA. CIA, stop f***ing! One day, I will just drive you away. Either your cahoots here will have to kill me or you have to get out of my country. Choose,” the President said.

Opposition senators’ staff accounts planted with ‘LP destab’ mails

The email accounts of the staff of opposition Senators Bam Aquino and Francis Pangilinan have been hacked by still unknown individuals, who were attempting to plant messages containing alleged plans to demolish President Rodrigo Duterte.

At a press conference on Thursday, Aquino showed screenshots of his staff’s hacked Yahoo! account, where they found a draft email with the subject “Leaked Media Plan to Destroy PRRD.”

The content, peppered with grammatical errors, spoke of an alleged plan of the Liberal Party to “destroy” Duterte. The writer of the email was addressing Pangilinan and Senate Minority leader Franklin Drilon.

The email read:

“Dear Senator Drilon and Senator Pangilinan,

Attached is a [sic] alleged leaked LP media plan to destroy PRRD, from a media sources [sic], ‘the plan’ was described jointly by VP Leni, former Pres Aquino, and other senior LP members including senator Drilon, senator Aquino and senator Pangilinan.

For your consideration and proper action.

Thanks.”

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/937474...am-aquino-liberal-party-duterte#ixzz4vaMEnILL
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Duterte to cops: ' smuggling-smuggling, Its okay with me as long as its not about drugs, '

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...g-ok-na-sana-yan-sa-kin-wag-lang-droga/story/

President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday said that he could tolerate policemen involved in smuggling as long as they were not linked to the illegal drug trade.

“Smuggling is okay I am already okay with it, but Drugs is a not something I can tollerate," he said at the Federalism Summit and PDP-Laban Oath-Taking in Camarines Sur.

Duterte has repeatedly spoken out about police officials supposedly involved in the drug trade, vowing that he won't tolerate these cases.

His latest pronouncement on smuggling, meanwhile, comes months after his son Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte and son-in-law Manases Carpio were linked to the so-called Davao Group allegedly involved in smuggling, as claimed by Senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

Duterte has defended his son and son-in-law from Trillanes' accusations. He has also denied Paolo's involvement in the Bureau of Customs.

The Senate Blue Ribbon committee, in a draft report, said “no evidence was established to connect the two to the smuggling of drugs or other contraband,” after Paolo and Carpio appeared at the Senate to deny Trillanes’ allegations.

The panel, however, recommended lifestyle checks on both the President’s relative. —JST, GMA News

Yet I've spoken to some that are massive Fans. Its not that simple and if you support democracy I don't understand why peole are stating he shouldn't be in.
If you support this democracy you're supporting a murderer. He's created a circumstance where he can grease anyone.

If you support this democracy you're supporting a murderer. He's created a circumstance where he can grease anyone.

So you're saying under certain circumstances you support communism or a dictatorship?

Next it'll be "Trump is literally Hitler and get rid of him illegally". Whether I support him or not is irrelevant as I'm not Philippina.

China's and Russia do things I can't stand and it's their country, as does the United States, Europe, and Australia. Difference being Australia is my country and I can do something about it. I spent the weekend talking to average aussies and political representatives about something I believe in, I sacrificed time and effort.

If there are posters on here from the Philippines wasting huge amounts of time and effort trying to convince the world of their views they're wasteful and lazy(no offense meant). If they don't like it they should be organising rallies, handing out education material and allocating their time in a manner that will actually do something.

Personally if it was me and I felt this way I'd be collating all the similarities between Duterte and Marcos, Estrada, Arroyo etc etc etc. and than for 6 months I'd leave the highlighted information in public areas everywhere. I'd address his supporters in both language and mannerisms they relate to (as Durerte does) and instead of telling them than trying to show them they're stupid I'd ask questions that lead them to question their views.

Most of sherdog no doubt think I'm an arsehole and they're probably right to do so. Ask yourselves if I'm an arsehole because I say what you don't want to hear or because I go through life taking off others?
Are you trying to take there democracticly elected representative off them? Would you care if it was done in an illegal manner? Than you're the arseholes and your superiority complex is why durertes voters have shut off to debate.

If you want people to listen to you you need to listen first. If you want people to agree with you they need to question the opposite view and install the doubt themselves. The more you force people the more they'll do the opposite.

NO. I'm not. No reasonable interpretation of what I said would suggest so either. Hack.

You're implying that he shouldn't be president?

If we going to start calling pisspoor names at least do it in a manner that might be effective.

Before you start criticising other countries let's make sure you don't sleep covered in glass. Where are you from?

Fact check: Duterte's claims on US aid to military

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/10/23/1751665/fact-check-dutertes-claims-us-aid-military
MANILA, Philippines — Last Friday, President Rodrigo Duterte thanked the US, China and Israel for providing military assistance for the clearing operations in Marawi City.

In his speech before the 43rd Philippine Business Conference and Expo concluding ceremony, Duterte revealed that the sniper rifle that killed Abu Sayyaf leader Isnilon Hapilon was made in China.

Duterte said that the bulk of four planeloads of rifles that government troops used in war-torn Marawi came from China.

"It was only China who gave it on time and plenty," Duterte said.

The president, meanwhile, said that the equipment provided by the US was only borrowed and were already returned.

"So I said, the countries helped us. China. We needed it badly, you gave it to us. Thank you very much and President Xi Jinping. And of course the Americans just provided the — we just borrowed it, we have returned it already," the president said.

"They are not willing to give it to us unlike China," he added.

At least P2.84 billion in US assistance
Despite Duterte's claims that Washington was not willing to give arms to the country, the US provided a major grant of arms and munitions worth at least P250 million last May, about the same time the conflict in Marawi started.

"In May 2017, a major grant of 200 Glock pistols, 300 M4 carbines, 100 grenade launchers, four mini-guns and individual operator gear worth P250 million was delivered," US Embassy press attache Molly Koscina told Philstar.com.

Koscina also noted that the unmanned aerial vehicle system that the US delivered earlier this year was used in Marawi.

"In January 2017, the U.S. delivered a Raven tactical UAV system worth P60 million which was first tested by the AFP during Balikatan and then used in Marawi," she said.

Aside from these, the US also provided 25 combat rubber raiding craft and 30 outboard motors worth P250 million to support the Philippine Marine Corps in its counter-terror efforts.

In July, the US officially turned over two C-208 Cessna aircraft worth P1.6 billion to the Philippine Air Force. The surveillance aircraft were used to help in fighting against ISIS-inspired militants in Marawi City.

In August, Washington transferred a radar system to the Philippine Navy, which would enhance its maritime surveillance capabilities.

All of the above mentioned were major grants of the US to the Philippines, disputing Duterte's remarks that the equipment were only borrowed.

China admitting own aid to Philippine military 'not that big'
In late June, China turned over P370 million ($7.3 million) worth of military assistance to the Philippines in a ceremony led by President Duterte, whose antipathy toward the Philippines' traditional ally, the United States, is well known.

Duterte, who has pushed for a policy of rapprochement with China, presided over a turnover of 3,000 rifles and 6 million pieces of ammunition.

While significant on its own given the previous administration's less cordial approach toward Beijing—Manila's rival claimant over the South China Sea—it was also aware that the amount of assistance it provided was relatively small.

Chinese Ambassador to the Philippine Zhao Jianhua was quoted as saying the amount was "not that big."

In comparison, the US provided an average of P3 billion (around $60 million) in grant funding to the Philippine military in the previous five years. The amount included weapons, upgrades and training assistance.

On October 5, meanwhile, China turned over a second batch of military equipment composed of 3,000 units of rifles, 30 sniper cones and 3 million rounds of ammunition.

Assistance to Marawi rehabilitation
As for its support for Task Force Bangon Marawi, the US government made available $14.3 million or about P730 million to directly assist with ongoing emergency relief operations and the longer term recovery of Marawi and surrounding areas.

"With $3 million in Humanitarian Assistance, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance is working with humanitarian organizations on the ground to deliver critical relief supplies such as safe drinking water, hygiene kits, kitchen sets, shelter materials to improve the conditions in evacuation centers and in host families, and programs to protect displaced women and children," the US Embassy said.

At the same time, approximately $11.3 million will be used to support the early recovery, stabilization and rehabilitation of Marawi and the surrounding areas.

This includes restoration of basic public services such as health care, water and electricity, jumpstart livelihoods, revitalize the economy, and promote community reconciliation and alternatives to violent extremism.

Aside from the financial grant, the USAID has delivered 12,00 water containers and nearly 100,000 chlorine tablets for safe drinking water to families in evacuation centers. These were delivered upon requests from the Departments of Education and Health.

The USAID had also provided 6,500 desks for temporary schools and psycho-social support for affected teachers and students, according to the US Embassy.

The Philippine government is now shifting its focus to the rebuilding, reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi as the fighting in the war-torn city has ended.

"There are no more militants in Marawi City," Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said.

Those Mosques where spared at the expense of our Soldiers lives just so the Maslims all over the world would not complain of oppression.

The local Islamic council to no surprise did not step up to the occasion of voluntarily de consacrating those Mosques so that the Air Force can bomb them to the ground without the Islamic community accusing the government of targeting mosques and waging a war against Muslims.

Since the United kingdom have already left the E.U I think the Philippines will try to forge better ties with the Brits as Manila distance its ties from the E.U.

President's communications chief Martin Andanar says EU officials critical of Duterte have too much sex

The President’s communication chief calls the EU officials ‘palaiyot,’ a Bisaya term used to describe people who frequently have sex. He advises them to just have more sex rather than criticize Duterte.

MANILA, Philippines – In a meeting in London with overseas Filipino workers, Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar said European Union (EU) officials critical of President Rodrigo Duterte just have too much sex.

In an apparent effort to mimic the gutter humor of his principal, Andanar used the Bisaya term “palaiyot,” which means someone who frequently has sex, to describe low-ranking EU officials who constantly criticize the Duterte administration.

“’Yung mga maingay na palaiyot, yung mga maiingay.... Alam mo, ang problema sa kanila hanggang ingay lang sila, wala namang napatunayan. Kung tatanungin mo yung kanilang prime minister, mga presidente, yung talagang namamahala sa mga bansa, pati sila sumusuporta kay Presidente,” said Andanar in a video of the event posted by Duterte News Stream Live on Tuesday, October 23.

(The noisy ones who like to have sex, the noisy ones... You know the problem with them is they are just noisy, but they haven’t proven anything. If you ask their prime minister, their president, those really running the country, even they support our President.)

The video showed him and PCOO Assistant Secretary Kris Ablan attending a “meet and greet” with Filipinos based in the United Kingdom. A Palace source said Andanar was “invited” to the country by some groups.

“’Yung mga nasa baba na palaiyot, sila lang ang maingay kasi kulang pa sa iyot,” he added, to raucous laughter from his audience. (Those below who like to have sex, they are just noisy because they can’t have enough sex.)

The President too frequently likes to disparage EU officials with such language. In the past, he has referred to EU parliament members as “EU de puta,” a play on the phrase “hijo de puta” which means son of a bitch.

In front of the United Kingdom-based OFWs, some of whom called themselves “staunch supporters” of Duterte during the event, Andanar seemed more at ease and less guarded with his statements defending the President compared with his radio interviews with mainstream media.

Andanar appeared to get some of his bravado from his audience, who could be heard asking for Senator Antonio Trillanes IV’s head or exclaiming they found negative media reports on Duterte to be untrue.

He declared that media and critics who cite a number of drug-related deaths different from the Philippine National Police figures are “turning a blind eye to the truth.”

He stated, in another video of the event posted by Facebook account Malcolm Conlan, that those critical of Duterte “have their own agenda.”

https://www.rappler.com/nation/186294-martin-andanar-eu-officials-duterte-sex-iyot

Fact check: Duterte's claims on US aid to military

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/10/23/1751665/fact-check-dutertes-claims-us-aid-military
MANILA, Philippines — Last Friday, President Rodrigo Duterte thanked the US, China and Israel for providing military assistance for the clearing operations in Marawi City.

In his speech before the 43rd Philippine Business Conference and Expo concluding ceremony, Duterte revealed that the sniper rifle that killed Abu Sayyaf leader Isnilon Hapilon was made in China.

Duterte said that the bulk of four planeloads of rifles that government troops used in war-torn Marawi came from China.

"It was only China who gave it on time and plenty," Duterte said.

The president, meanwhile, said that the equipment provided by the US was only borrowed and were already returned.

"So I said, the countries helped us. China. We needed it badly, you gave it to us. Thank you very much and President Xi Jinping. And of course the Americans just provided the — we just borrowed it, we have returned it already," the president said.

"They are not willing to give it to us unlike China," he added.

At least P2.84 billion in US assistance
Despite Duterte's claims that Washington was not willing to give arms to the country, the US provided a major grant of arms and munitions worth at least P250 million last May, about the same time the conflict in Marawi started.

"In May 2017, a major grant of 200 Glock pistols, 300 M4 carbines, 100 grenade launchers, four mini-guns and individual operator gear worth P250 million was delivered," US Embassy press attache Molly Koscina told Philstar.com.

Koscina also noted that the unmanned aerial vehicle system that the US delivered earlier this year was used in Marawi.

"In January 2017, the U.S. delivered a Raven tactical UAV system worth P60 million which was first tested by the AFP during Balikatan and then used in Marawi," she said.

Aside from these, the US also provided 25 combat rubber raiding craft and 30 outboard motors worth P250 million to support the Philippine Marine Corps in its counter-terror efforts.

In July, the US officially turned over two C-208 Cessna aircraft worth P1.6 billion to the Philippine Air Force. The surveillance aircraft were used to help in fighting against ISIS-inspired militants in Marawi City.

In August, Washington transferred a radar system to the Philippine Navy, which would enhance its maritime surveillance capabilities.

All of the above mentioned were major grants of the US to the Philippines, disputing Duterte's remarks that the equipment were only borrowed.

China admitting own aid to Philippine military 'not that big'
In late June, China turned over P370 million ($7.3 million) worth of military assistance to the Philippines in a ceremony led by President Duterte, whose antipathy toward the Philippines' traditional ally, the United States, is well known.

Duterte, who has pushed for a policy of rapprochement with China, presided over a turnover of 3,000 rifles and 6 million pieces of ammunition.

While significant on its own given the previous administration's less cordial approach toward Beijing—Manila's rival claimant over the South China Sea—it was also aware that the amount of assistance it provided was relatively small.

Chinese Ambassador to the Philippine Zhao Jianhua was quoted as saying the amount was "not that big."

In comparison, the US provided an average of P3 billion (around $60 million) in grant funding to the Philippine military in the previous five years. The amount included weapons, upgrades and training assistance.

On October 5, meanwhile, China turned over a second batch of military equipment composed of 3,000 units of rifles, 30 sniper cones and 3 million rounds of ammunition.

Assistance to Marawi rehabilitation
As for its support for Task Force Bangon Marawi, the US government made available $14.3 million or about P730 million to directly assist with ongoing emergency relief operations and the longer term recovery of Marawi and surrounding areas.

"With $3 million in Humanitarian Assistance, USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance is working with humanitarian organizations on the ground to deliver critical relief supplies such as safe drinking water, hygiene kits, kitchen sets, shelter materials to improve the conditions in evacuation centers and in host families, and programs to protect displaced women and children," the US Embassy said.

At the same time, approximately $11.3 million will be used to support the early recovery, stabilization and rehabilitation of Marawi and the surrounding areas.

This includes restoration of basic public services such as health care, water and electricity, jumpstart livelihoods, revitalize the economy, and promote community reconciliation and alternatives to violent extremism.

Aside from the financial grant, the USAID has delivered 12,00 water containers and nearly 100,000 chlorine tablets for safe drinking water to families in evacuation centers. These were delivered upon requests from the Departments of Education and Health.

The USAID had also provided 6,500 desks for temporary schools and psycho-social support for affected teachers and students, according to the US Embassy.

The Philippine government is now shifting its focus to the rebuilding, reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi as the fighting in the war-torn city has ended.

"There are no more militants in Marawi City," Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said.

In all fairness to Duterte, he did admit that he is full of shit at least 60% of the time.

Duterte admits only 2 out of 5 of his statements are true

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...e-admits-only-2-out-5-his-statements-are-true

"if you are not willing to fight for your freedom then why should we?" - Kenny Florian

Back