Locked Dwayne Johnson's RAMPAGE (Uwe Boll Threatens to Sue at "Fake Rampage Movie")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you don't look beyond what's on the screen. Dwayne is hard working, motivational, charismatic and humble (when he's not in character). Also, he tries very hard to be a role model. I do believe he's a great human being.

All that said, he's an action star. Let the man cash in now, while he still can. He earned it.

No offense but why would I look beyond whats on the screen ? I'm not a member of his fan club and frankly don't care what he does outside of making films (as long as he does nothing disgusting or illegal it's all good).

I'm sure he's a swell guy, but frankly I'm not gonna' flock to his films just because he's a hardworking nice guy. There are many hardworking nice people who do not get afforded the same infatuation.

I agree he's an action star, that's more so my point. He's taken the role of starring in every other pg-13 action flick that comes out. He's beyond type cast. It's all good for him, but honestly, I've never really cared for his acting or any of his films.

No harm done.

I meant every word.

Watch it again sometime, and tell me its not a comedy.

Sorry to piss on your chips, but, aside from a few very unintentional amusingly bad moments, sitting through it is like pulling teeth.

People praise M. Bison, but Raul Julia clearly didn't understand the character or take it seriously (nor should he have based on this adaptation); it was a hammy performance in a bad bad movie.

This is M. Bison

Bison in SF The animated movie is pure gold; scores of quotable lines delivered by a stunning voice actor.

Too early to say but it looks decent.

I definitely want them to show stuff close to what the game did... such as climbing up the side of a building & punching helecopters out of the sky. Especially need to see him punch out a window & grab some food out of someone's kitchen... lol.... :D

Would also need to see him eat a person like in the game, but I doubt they go that route.

DWAYNE JOHNSON'S GIANT MONSTER

*Opens thread
*About some stupid movie

*Disappointed

They showed this trailer right after the jumanji trailer in JL, I swear I thought it was the same trailer again. The rock plays the same exact character in every movie, the rock. The thread on him needing a real HIT role is dead on. He hurts himself making these generic crap action movies.

giant monsters smashing up cities?
giphy.gif

I'm easily entertained.

Update: December 8, 2017

New Image of Dwayne Johnson with Giant Silverback Gorilla, George, in RAMPAGE

Looks fairly entertaining, but I lost most of my hope when I saw "from the director of San Andreas." Yikes.

Update: January 21, 2018

Dwayne Johnson Fights a Giant Gliding Wolf in New RAMPAGE TV Spot

Update: February 13, 2018

Big Meets Bigger in 2nd Trailer for RAMPAGE Starring Dwayne Johnson

Primatologist Davis Okoye (Johnson), a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry mutates this gentle ape into a raging creature of enormous size. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered animals. As these newly created alpha predators tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend. Opens April 13.

Please unsubscribe me from these threads. The thread titles don't match the OP's and I don't like looking at them.

I really wish they would use audio of an actual A10 firing instead of that stock machine gun SFX. That goes for almost every gun in basically every movie ever made though.

I met and shook the hand of the guy who designed Rampage and World Rampage. He was a pretty cool dude. I got a poster with concept Rampage art signed. The thing that is nuts about these guys that designed arcade games is that some of these game brought in over a $1 billion usd in present day dollars. A movie has a huge staff, actors, special effects guys, produces, directors, ect. These arcade games were basically designed by a half of dozen guys and if they did a good job, it did crazy well.

The thing that is kind of nuts about the history of arcade games is that very little effort was made in recording the history of it. Arcade games have been outdoing Hollywood for quite awhile and before that pinball machines did as well. Pinball machines used to be everywhere. But back to the point, some of these games did crazy well. No movie has grossed more than Space Invaders, Pacman, Street Fighter 2. (https://www.usgamer.net/articles/top-10-biggest-grossing-arcade-games-of-all-time) But while this was going on no one treated the genre serious enough to document what was going on. TV was this same way. The first few seasons of The Tonight Show were lost due to studios wanting to reuse the film. There were entire seasons of the Dr.Who show that were lost the same way.

But yeah, there is lag that goes on before people start treating something as culturally significant and important enough to document. We are just hitting the point were you are seeing books and documentaries on video games and we are 40 years into it.

Rock is gonna cold cock that giant wolf.

I'm down with this.

I like the Rock... & played the fook out of Rampage when I was a kid. I like the twist on "Project Rampage." Will watch.

The gorilla laughing at his joke was funny. Rocky and the gorilla doing the Han/Chewie gimmick could be worth watching.

Update: March 29, 2018

Uwe Boll Threatens to Sue Warner Bros. for Their "Fake Rampage Movie"

Press Release: Uwe Boll is currently reviewing his options to pursue litigation against motion picture studio Warner Bros. and Producer New Line for using his brand RAMPAGE as the title for the upcoming motion picture starrting Dwayne Johnson, also known as the Rock. Boll released 3 original Rampage movies in 2009, 2014 and 2017. This movie trilogy had a quick turnaround amassing large cult following on DVD and entities like Netflix.

Uwe Boll: "We are living now in a world where Independent Movies are dead and the big players only are making all the money. That they then use developed brands and ideas from established series such as my Rampage films in order to make even more money is unfair but typical. The new RAMPAGE movie will shrink my brand and my revenues I can make in the future with my RAMPAGE movies. It also confuses the audience! I want that WARNERS change the title, especially because the new movie has nothing to do with a RAMPAGE and looks more like Jumanji 2 and is one of those typical feelgood, popcorn bullshit movies that the studios use to brainwash America even more! All these kind of movies including Transformers, Avengers are helping the military industrial complex in America to win and have retards like Trump be American President who would say that the earth is flat as soon they think they can benefit from this!"

Yeah just ignore that it's based on the 1986 arcade game of the same name.

Monsters-Rampage.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back