DW's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018 Week 5: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP Discussion

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
If you do not have Fight Pass and only want to watch the Contender Series, a summer Season Pass is currently being sold by the UFC for a discounted $4.99 here, it gives you ~4 weeks of FP.

For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from June 12th until August 7th, with July 3rd off, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete on a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, multiple fighters are awarded that elusive contract.

dwtncs 2018 5 poster.jpg

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018, Week 5!
WSW: Maycee Barber (4-0) vs Jamie Colleen (4-1)
BW: Domingo Pilarte (7-1) vs Vince Morales (7-1)
MW: Anthony Adams (7-0) vs Chibwikem Onyenegecha (6-0)
WW: Austin Vandeford (4-0) vs Angelo Trevino (7-2)
MW: Edmen Shahbazyan (6-0) vs Antonio Jones (7-1)

Weigh-in Results - All Fighters Made Weight
Maycee Barber (116) vs. Jamie Colleen (115.5)
Vince Morales (136) vs. Domingo Pilarte (135.5)
Anthony Adams (185.5) vs. Chibwikem Onyenegecha (184)
Angelo Trevino (170.5) vs. Austin Vanderford (170.5)
Antonio Jones (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)

Odds as of 2:00 PM ET
dwtncs 2018 5 odds.png
Previous Contract Winners:

2017 Season - Breakdown and Summary Here
Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (R1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (R1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (R1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (R1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (R2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (R1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (R1 Tech Sub - Anaconda Choke)
Week 6: MW Charles Byrd (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke) and FW Grant Dawson (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)
Week 7: BW Benito Lopez (Split Decision) and FLW Joby Sanchez (R2 TKO)
Week 8: LW Matt Frevola (R2 Sub - Arm-Triangle Choke), WBW Lauren Mueller (Unanimous Decision), HW Allen Crowder (R3 TKO) - as well as MW Bevon Lewis (R2 TKO) signed to Developmental League

2018 Season - Midseason Review Here From the Main Page
Week 1: LHW Alonzo Menifield (R1 TKO) - as well as HW Greg Hardy (R1 TKO) signed to Developmental League
Week 2: FW Matt Sayles (R1 TKO), MW Anthony Hernandez (R1 KO), LHW Ryan Spann (R1 Sub - Guillotine Choke), and WW Dwight Grant (R2 KO)
Week 3: WFLW Antonina Shevcheko (R2 TKO), LW Te Edwards (R1 KO), and HW Josh Parisian (R1 Spinning Back Fist KO) to TUF Season 28
Week 4: MW Bevon Lewis (R1 TKO) and FLW Jordan Espinosa (R3 TKO)

Contracts issued to fighters will start at $10k to show and $10k to win, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future CS events.

Commentary: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
The commentary will alternate this season between Play-by-Play announcers Brendan Fitzgerald and Dan Hellie, and Color Commentators Michael Bisping and Paul Felder

There will be NO Snoopcast this season.

Fights will start in approximately 6 hours from this posting.

Last edited:

That shit was so stupid

That shit was so stupid
We're five weeks in and people kept asking, so I added it to the original post for this series.

At +379 Jamie Colleen is a nice bet.She ko'd Danielle Taylor and in the rematch dominated iirc before getting caught with a huge right in the 5th.I would have to refresh on footage for Barber if I was to bet but I know Colleen is legit and trains at Renzo's.Something to look into if you you're looking to put down a few bucks tonight.

Im going full Sage hatred and hoping "PVS Man"" gets knocked out in embarrasing fasion for that tweet saying that.

Weak lineup this week. Without doing any research, I like that Chibi guy but his competition has been weak so not massively confident in him, the other guy seems alright too that he's facing.

Knowing the UFC, I'm guessing one of these birds is supposed to be the next big hype-job for WMMA and will get a contract even if they win a boring decision. Paige's boyfriend is also guaranteed a contract with any type of finish, it's obvious.

So I'll say 3 x contracts.....one of the women; Vanderford and Chibi maybe.

That shit was so stupid
It was funny the first time I watched it. "Oh shit he yanking on that dudes neck he's gonna kill him!" Uriah-"Snoop we're in between rounds"

Curious... This Austin guy has me curious to say the least.

34ett.jpg

Finally got a good poster for the event, although it has the odds, they're from a book I don't normally reference. They're not far off from the ones I posted, so that's ok.

If you do not have Fight Pass and only want to watch the Contender Series, a summer Season Pass is currently being sold by the UFC for a discounted $4.99 here, it gives you ~4 weeks of FP.

For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from June 12th until August 7th, with July 3rd off, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete on a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, multiple fighters are awarded that elusive contract.

View attachment 407957

Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018, Week 5!
WSW: Maycee Barber (4-0) vs Jamie Colleen (4-1)
BW: Domingo Pilarte (7-1) vs Vince Morales (7-1)
MW: Anthony Adams (7-0) vs Chibwikem Onyenegecha (6-0)
WW: Austin Vandeford (4-0) vs Angelo Trevino (7-2)
MW: Edmen Shahbazyan (6-0) vs Antonio Jones (7-1)

Weigh-in Results - All Fighters Made Weight
Maycee Barber (116) vs. Jamie Colleen (115.5)
Vince Morales (136) vs. Domingo Pilarte (135.5)
Anthony Adams (185.5) vs. Chibwikem Onyenegecha (184)
Angelo Trevino (170.5) vs. Austin Vanderford (170.5)
Antonio Jones (185) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.5)

Odds as of 2:00 PM ET
View attachment 407893
Previous Contract Winners:

2017 Season - Breakdown and Summary Here
Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (R1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (R1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (R1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (R1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (R2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (R1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (R1 Tech Sub - Anaconda Choke)
Week 6: MW Charles Byrd (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke) and FW Grant Dawson (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)
Week 7: BW Benito Lopez (Split Decision) and FLW Joby Sanchez (R2 TKO)
Week 8: LW Matt Frevola (R2 Sub - Arm-Triangle Choke), WBW Lauren Mueller (Unanimous Decision), HW Allen Crowder (R3 TKO) - as well as MW Bevon Lewis (R2 TKO) signed to Developmental League

2018 Season - Midseason Review Here From the Main Page
Week 1: LHW Alonzo Menifield (R1 TKO) - as well as HW Greg Hardy (R1 TKO) signed to Developmental League
Week 2: FW Matt Sayles (R1 TKO), MW Anthony Hernandez (R1 KO), LHW Ryan Spann (R1 Sub - Guillotine Choke), and WW Dwight Grant (R2 KO)
Week 3: WFLW Antonina Shevcheko (R2 TKO), LW Te Edwards (R1 KO), and HW Josh Parisian (R1 Spinning Back Fist KO) to TUF Season 28
Week 4: MW Bevon Lewis (R1 TKO) and FLW Jordan Espinosa (R3 TKO)

Contracts issued to fighters will start at $10k to show and $10k to win, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future CS events.

Commentary: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
The commentary will alternate this season between Play-by-Play announcers Brendan Fitzgerald and Dan Hellie, and Color Commentators Michael Bisping and Paul Felder

Fights will start in approximately 6 hours from this posting.

Can't risk money on Maycee, she's at like -450.

Maycee is so hot.

Like if she wore knee socks.

Snoopcast was awesome. Don't take this circus too seriously, its still human cockfighting.

RIP Snoopcast

Weak card. Let's see what this Barber chick can do.
Snoopcast was awesome. Don't take this circus too seriously, its still human cockfighting.

RIP Snoopcast
Google begs to differ. And it never lied to me.

462273542a905f8c83c21c22421cd5e4.png

Back