E3 2018

I dont know why people give a shit about who won what conference. We're getting great games and thats it, but seems like a majority of the good games coming to xbox that Im interested in are also coming to PS4.

I get so defensive about BB because its one of my favorite games of all time, but outside of the combat, everything about Nioh is so plain, environments are samey, everything feels so artificial.

To each their own, maybe its cause I suck at it but I always enjoy games that are easy to pick up but take a long time to master which is BB.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I loved BB, I just preferred Nioh's combat. To each their own though, both great games.

Did anyone else feel like Sony panicked in that conference?

I thought they were gonna do that music shit for all 4 big games and have the other trailers in the intermission, and they saw nobody was fucking with the music shit so they did back to back trailers.

I thought that too, 4 venues for each of their 4 games, with a music intro for each, which would have been kind of ridiculous, especially basing it on video game journalists moving around. No offense to the games this year, but none of them can compare to Dad of Boy with regards to the possibility of a musical entrance.

No offense to the games this year, but none of them can compare to Dad of Boy with regards to musical entrance.
What do you mean?

Did they have something like this for GOW?

I never really thought the GOW OST was that special. I got the platinum for the game, my only plat this year, because of how much I liked the game.

Also did anyone else notice how REmake 2 had essentially resident evil 7 graphics. I wonder if they used the same engine and I feel like if they did, then the FP could be VR?

I get so defensive about BB because its one of my favorite games of all time, but outside of the combat, everything about Nioh is so plain, environments are samey, everything feels so artificial.

It is. It just feels like generic japanese culture outside of an occasional space. The bosses are interesting, but they could and probably will learn a lot from BB and Souls with regards to enviroment building going forward.

What do you mean?

I never really thought the GOW OST was that special. I got the platinum for the game, my only plat this year, because of how much I liked the game.

Also did anyone else notice how REmake 2 had essentially resident evil 7 graphics. I wonder if they used the same engine and I feel like if they did, then the FP could be VR?

Also the REmake 2 is over the shoulder third person.

Ghosts looks pretty fucking great. I hadn't heard a thing about it until that gameplay footage.

If these are all PS4 games feels like I have to pick a Pro already.
I use both my regular PS4 and the Pro all the time and the difference in performance is very noticeable. The Pro is faster to load games and apps, and of course has boost mode that allows for higher resolution and framerates in some games.

What were the 4 big exclusives? TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman and Death Stranding?

Also the REmake 2 is over the shoulder third person.

Thanks,

But they had VR for resi 7, this is most definitely using the resi 7 engine, and they mightve hinted at it with the first person view of the mouse. Im just saying its more than likely it has VR.

I would love the option for FP and over the shoulder perspectives with VR included. My wallet is fucked.

What do you mean?

GOW's intro at E3 >>>> any of these games.

I use both my regular PS4 and the Pro all the time and the difference in performance is very noticeable. The Pro is faster to load games and apps, and of course has boost mode that allows for higher resolution and framerates in some games.
I almost pulled the trigger on the God of War edition but it sold out before I could make a decision.

I already own quite a few games that can take advantage of it. Might as well do it sooner than later.

Jesus fuck with AC Odyssey. I felt origins was an improvement but clearly Ubisoft felt like resting on their laurels again instead of taking a couple more years off. The game is just an asset swap of origins.

Which is fine with me because I like that whole time period in Rome

Which is fine with me because I like that whole time period in Rome
Hell I'll end up getting it too but I just wish Ubisoft would give far cry and ac a rest and work on watch dogs or something else.

What were the 4 big exclusives? TLOU 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman and Death Stranding?
Yes.

They already have Days gone completely finished and shelved till next year because its supposed release was next to RDR2, no way they want to go against it.
GOW's intro at E3 >>>> any of these games.

The orchestra thing, @Dizzy posted was cool though.

Ehh, when it came on I was like, what is this TLOU but with Kratos? I liked the game, and was intrigued but TLOU 2 blew my mind way more.

If the gameplay isnt as scripted as it seemed then its gonna be amazing.

Im a massive TLOU fan and the MP for the game is one of my most played. If no one has played it before it strategic teambased survival tps thats kinda class based if you play right. Its way better with a group of friends who know how to play.

Japanese themed games will rule 2019.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Nioh 2
Ghost of Tsushima

I agree with both of you. BB is my favourite game as well but Nioh took pure melee combat to a new level with the three stances and skills that you can learn over time. I also like that it's more of a traditional RPG approach than FromSoft uses in its combat system.

You're right about the enemy and level design being too repetitive though. Hopefully Team Ninja focuses more on those aspects of the sequel now that their game engine and combat are solid.

Back