E3 Purchase list. What games will you buy?

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So let's divide this topic into two parts

1) Pre-order/Day One Purchase

Nioh 2
CyberPunk 2077
Ghost of Tsushima
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Devil May Cry 5
SpiderMan
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spyro Trilogy
Dragon Quest XI

2) Pick it up later down the road

Soul Calibur VI
Assassins Creed: Odyssey
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Fallout 76
Rage 2 (Might preorder if I hear good things, Doom was awesome and the gameplay looks similar)
Code Vein
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Last of Us 2

Nioh 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
Last of Us
Soul Calibur VI
Doom: Infinite
Days Gone

Death Stranding
Fallout 76
Rage 2
Code Vein
CyberPunk 2077
Dragon Quest XI
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Devil May Cry 5
SpiderMan
Spyro Trilogy

I have so many games Backlogged that I don't need to buy a video game for the rest of this generations run. Well... besides Red Dead Redemption 2 that is :oops:

Gears of War 5
Tomb Raider
Metro
Doom
Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil

Only games of the show that matter IMO.

Spider-Man is a good bargain bin game.

Preorder?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Already pre-ordered Fallout 76.

Everything else looks average at best so I'll pass.

Day 1
Forza Horizon 4
Fallout 76
Captain Spirit
Cyberpunk 2077

Down the road
Nier Automata
Ori Will of the Wisps
DOOM Eternal
Gears 5
Metro Exodus
Tunic
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

Games interested in but to far down the road or wait and see
Devil May Cry 5
Division 2
Skull & Bones
Halo Infinite
Anthem
Battletoads
Rage 2

I won't preach it anymore because there's no point, but I've learned my lesson with pre-ordering and won't do it again.

Soon enough to be convinced it's worth a go :
-Hitman 2
-Destiny 2: Forsaken Expansion

Halo and Anthem seem like they are still going to be a long ways away so maybe next year. Has Nintendo announced a release date for Metroid Prime 4?

Probably three day one purchases and another five down the road. That would be the most I've bought in years.

I won't preach it anymore because there's no point, but I've learned my lesson with pre-ordering and won't do it again.

Soon enough to be convinced it's worth a go :
-Hitman 2
-Destiny 2: Forsaken Expansion

Halo and Anthem seem like they are still going to be a long ways away so maybe next year. Has Nintendo announced a release date for Metroid Prime 4?
What do you have against it? I'm going to wait for black friday for most but if one has money to spend then why not? I think drinking is a much bigget waste of money

Nioh 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Red Dead Redemption 2
Last of Us
Soul Calibur VI
Doom: Infinite
Days Gone

Death Stranding
Fallout 76
Rage 2
Code Vein
CyberPunk 2077
Dragon Quest XI
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Devil May Cry 5
SpiderMan
Spyro Trilogy
Nice. Can't believe I forgot Doom Eternal

Monetization, microtransactions, games as a service and shit companies like Take two, EA and Activision nickel and diming us.
Never bought games from them. Not into multiplayer. Preordering is fine for me because I get 20% off with amazon prime

Never bought games from them. Not into multiplayer. Preordering is fine for me because I get 20% off with amazon prime

I got nothing against others who do it. I was just answering your question about why it's a bad business model.

I have only ever pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda and as you can guess I regretted it.

Fallout 76
REmake 2
Starfield
TES VI
Cyberpunk 2077
Death Stranding
Super Mario Party
TLOU2

Maybe Ghost of Tsushima

I got nothing against others who do it. I was just answering your question about why it's a bad business model.

I have only ever pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda and as you can guess I regretted it.

There are definitely some shady practices going on but I don't mind paying for DLC if it is well worth it. I think that we are extremely fortunate as gamers. If you look at everything else in the world it has gone up in price drastically over the past couple decades yet I can recall paying 50 bucks for old cartridge games. Now we get games that cost developers a small fortune and years of hard work. It is nearly the same as making a hollywood movie but yet we are only paying an extra whooping 10 bucks compared to the early days. If you go to a movie theater you pay 10 - 12 dollars for a 2 hour experience that you have no part in. So maybe I'm weird but I'll never understand why gamers get so bent out of shape over everything. We probably have more high quality games than ever. Don't let EA and a couple other greedy developers make you feel bad about preorders. For the most part I'm okay with it and it gives me the chance to play through a story first without some asshole youtuber spoiling everything in the title.

I bought Donkey Kong by Arcade Archives and Mario Tennis for the Nintendo Switch.

I will buy Spiderman, The last of us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima for the PS4.

I will buy Catherine, Bullet Girls Phantasia and Omega Labyrinth for the PS Vita.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back