E3 Purchase list. What games will you buy?

The Last of Us Part II and Red Dead Redemption II are day one purchases for me. Perhaps Days Gone too.

I'll pry buy a bunch and never finish them.

Cyberpunk is a likely purchase. If i get a PS4 then i'll be getting Red Dead 2, Spider-Man and Ghost Of Tsushima as well.

Buy at Launch or close to:
Spider-Man
Last of Us 2
Doom Eternal
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Spyro Trilogy

Still not sure on Death Stranding

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and CyberPunk 2077. All else is optional.
(Who am I kidding, I'm a hopeless shill who'll probably buy them all lol)

What do you have against it? I'm going to wait for black friday for most but if one has money to spend then why not? I think drinking is a much bigget waste of money

Against pre-ordering...seriously? It encourages companies to straight up lie and bullshit during the PR events and often the game we get isn't the game which was advertised. They also try to lure you in with worthless pre-orders bonuses which sound great but usually end up being worthless after a couple of hours of play.

Bascially, pre-ordering is the equivalent of buying a car without test driving and only seeing a commercial for it. I've been burned too many times with pre-orders and after Destiny 2 I'll never pre-order again. Hitman : Absolution and Halo 4 were also pretty shitty games which I pre-ordered and wish I had waited just a few days to see some real player reviews.

And why did you bring up drinking...what does that have to do with anything in this thread?

There are definitely some shady practices going on but I don't mind paying for DLC if it is well worth it. I think that we are extremely fortunate as gamers. If you look at everything else in the world it has gone up in price drastically over the past couple decades yet I can recall paying 50 bucks for old cartridge games. Now we get games that cost developers a small fortune and years of hard work. It is nearly the same as making a hollywood movie but yet we are only paying an extra whooping 10 bucks compared to the early days. If you go to a movie theater you pay 10 - 12 dollars for a 2 hour experience that you have no part in. So maybe I'm weird but I'll never understand why gamers get so bent out of shape over everything. We probably have more high quality games than ever. Don't let EA and a couple other greedy developers make you feel bad about preorders. For the most part I'm okay with it and it gives me the chance to play through a story first without some asshole youtuber spoiling everything in the title.

I agree that gaming has changed and it's a relatively cheap hobby. I also don't have an issue with DLC for games that I like and I gladly will pay for more content. All this said I still won't pre-order because in this day and age what's the real advantage? It's minimal to almost zero for the stuff you get, and in the end you're buying something you've never seen. Pre-order used to make sense back in the day when everything was on a disc, but now it's all downloadable so you don't have to worry about it being sold out in your area.

To each their own but there is no genuine argument for pre-ordering anymore.

Total War: Three Kingdoms

Cyberpunk

Metro

Fallout 76

Preorder?

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg
blastfromthepast-03.jpg

Total War: Three Kingdoms

Cyberpunk

Metro

These plus Nioh 2, Rage 2, the PC Yakuza games (I really hope they release all the games on PC). Iffy on the new From Software game because I like stats and customization.

Looks cool but ehhh....: TLOU2, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Dying Light 2 (Witcher 3 Baron quest writer + Chris Avellone being involved has me strongly considering it).

For sure:
Forza Horizon 4
Trials Rising
DMC 5
TES VI
Battletoads

Down the road:
Hitman 2
Nier Automata

Interested but not likely:
NiOh 2 (I'm a bit tired of souls games)
Sekiro (not online)

Day 1
RDR 2
Last of Us 2
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Probably buy later
Ghost of Tsushima
Fallout 76
Cyberpunk

Pre-order? None. The only games I ever preordered were Quake 3 and Diablo II, and that was when I was in high school.

Day 1 purchase? Probably none, but if any then it would be Doom Eternal and maybe Shekiro Shadows Die Twice.

Eventually purchase down the road? Considerably more:
-Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077, Rage 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Red Dead 2, Last of Us 2, Anthem.

Purchase way down the line (ie if these games are in fact next gen as people are speculating, then IF I pick up a next generation console):
Halo Infinite
Elder scrolls 6

What do you have against it? I'm going to wait for black friday for most but if one has money to spend then why not? I think drinking is a much bigget waste of money
giphy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Day 1:
SoulCalibur 6
Elder Scrolls 6 (whenever that will be)

Will buy, but probably not Day 1:
Cyberpunk 2077
Crackdown 3
Dead or Alive 6
Starfield

Maybe:
Nier Automata
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (don't have a Switch yet and probably won't get one until the next real Pokemon or Animal Crossing comes out)

Day 1:

Sheikiro Shadows die twice
TLOU 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Death Stranding
Ghost of Tsukishima

Maybe Days Gone - iffy

Will buy eventually:
Spiderman
RDR2 preowned and probably couple years down the line. T2 is taking the piss.

CyberPunk 2077 - will see how this is later
Ghost of Tsushima
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Resident Evil 2 Remake
SpiderMan
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spyro Trilogy - maybe, but probably not
Assassins Creed: Odyssey - will read reviews first. If it is as good as Origins - then yes
Days Gone - maybe
Fallout 76
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - maybe
Last of Us 2
Kingdom Hearts 3

Back