EA Earns Most Downvoted Comment In Reddit History

xcvbn

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The comment by EA was a response to the pay to win structure in Star Wars Battlefront II.

Article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii/battlefront-2-microtransactions-darth-vader

Reddit post(-151k as of OP):

Second most downvoted comment(-24k for ):

I really hope EA bows down because SWBF2 is a well made game mechanically and I want to like it, but it's unplayable due to the looting and crafting system, as well as the ridiculous grind to unlock everything(hundreds of hours are required).

Do they ever deserve the negative flack for this greedy travesty. It goes beyond greed really, utter stupidity comes to mind more than anything. Disney needs to revoke their licence once the contract expires.

Loot boxes and this Pay to win crap was bad enough, but the hundreds of hours grindfest required to unlock heroes is disgusting, even by EA's standards. It's obviously there to ensure players pay to get them, though I doubt I needed to state the obvious.

I wasn't planning on buying this garbage anyways, even though I wanted it to be great. With no DLC and those amazing graphics/added heroes, space battles and bots, things looked so promising..

Classic Battlefront 2 has been updated and is getting a new MP fix, so I'll stick with that. I just really hope they don't ruin Titanfall 3 as well!

Last edited:
God DAMN I wasn't aware they pulled this shit. That is utterly ridiculous, Almost as ridiculous as their attempts of justifying it.

There's no way in hell I would spend real money or grind for 100+ hours to earn a popular character that should already be there from the start.

Stop buying EA products.

Stop buying Star Wars products, for that matter.

2017 and I still don't properly understand how Reddit works ffs.

So they didnt learn the first time they became a meme for being assholes? I guess they are still making profit so dont care. Honestly we should all sell our EA games to devalue them on the second hand market and then pirate them for free.

That's all well and good, but have these people who hate EA so much, stopped buying their products? No? Then I don't care about their whining, and neither does EA.

This is a sequel to a game you Star Wars fanboys already bitched about, and what do you do? You go out and buy the fuckin' thing. Why? 'Cause it's "Star Wars", and you'll buy any piece of shit with it's logo on it. You're paying $80 for a glorified mod for Battlefield, and you wonder why EA thinks so little of you.

Same. Terrible layout.

If you don't like the business model don't buy their games. I don't any more.

It's now at negative 338,000

I'm waiting for customer service to cancel my pre-order.

Amen. Shit’s terrible.

I remember people used to criticize the YLYL threads in p&m for just rehashing stuff from reddit, but who even wants to go to that shit hole? If someone else can do the work to bring worthwhile content from Reddit and repost somewhere better like Sherdog then I say “great!”

Even 4chan is more easy to navigate than reddit.

It's even worse than I expected.

And yes, the best action is to vote with your wallet.

People are their own worst enemy when it comes to this shit, same goes for COD. Of those 152k that downvoted 150k of the losers are still gonna buy and play the game. When a franchise turns to shit, or starts gouging for cash it time to let em go.

Not to mention it's a fucking EA game only good game they ever made past what, 15 years was Fight Night? You know a company is horrible when they literally buy a licensing so no one else can make NFL football game, because they were blown out back in 05 by a 20 dollar game. They can sell their shitty dogshit sports games to retards who buy them yearly, but as long as retards buy them they will keep making them.

Looks like it's going to hit -400k soon. I'm not holding my breath expecting it to mean anything in the long term, though. Reddit downvotes aren't going to mean anything if gamers won't vote with their wallet, too. Same shit with Activi$ion and the COD games.

I played during the open beta weekend of the first game. Even pre-ordered it after my first day of playing. By the end of the open beta weekend i canceled the pre-order. Game while fun was shallow that followed the Battlefield series of progression to unlock better weapons/gear. Active player count after the first few months after release took a massive dive. So its not surprising they are using this formula for the second game of the series. Fiscally it makes sense. For their new player will only be around for 1-2 months. With them needing different ways to extract additional revenue in the short term.

Looks like it's going to hit -400k soon. I'm not holding my breath expecting it to mean anything in the long term, though. Reddit downvotes aren't going to mean anything if gamers won't vote with their wallet, too. Same shit with Activi$ion and the COD games.
I voted with my wallet this year and passed on this rendition of CoD, but not because of the microtransactions: Just because they made it a BOTG camperfest. But it's the first one I have ever skipped since MW.

honestly the people downvoting this shit and calling for EA's heads are probably the idiots that still bought Battlefront 2 beta when it dropped

like...what the fuck did you expect?

EA announces Battlefront 1... its released and people have to buy up to a $120 version just to get a second map and exclusive Darth Vader/Han Solo character...which you can only play if you camp the spawn part of the map every game...then they say "part of the $120 purchase is you get all the DLC that is still to come for the game such as additional maps.....then EA announces Battlefront 2...they dont add any more DLC for BF1....and all these morons see the trailer, cum themselves at being able to play Rey and buy the beta....

like seriously.

what the fuck did you expect?

Battlefront 1 was 100% a scam, and every single Star Wars video game fan, or fan of the OG Battlefront got completely duped into thinking they were spending a fortune on a great game.

if these morons actually had any fiber of being they would've been calling for EA's heads the second they put Battlefront on the shelf for $120 without any actual content.

sorry you guys all got duped and are mad that EA is going after more of your money, but everything about BF1 proved to them that their audience would buy anything if it looks good in a trailer

You're not missing much... pretty much a very liberal circle jerk. Their gaming forum, where the post in OP was originally posted, is a bunch of people who hate every single game ever made, but then go out and buy every single game ever made and bitch about them incessantly. The entire forum is basically a hive mind of hippie culture and anybody who doesn't agree with their group-think gets shot down pretty quickly.

Though there is some very good nudity over there so it's worth shuffling through it all every now and again. haha

honestly the people downvoting this shit and calling for EA's heads are probably the idiots that still bought Battlefront 2 beta when it dropped

like...what the fuck did you expect?

EA announces Battlefront 1... its released and people have to buy up to a $120 version just to get a second map and exclusive Darth Vader/Han Solo character...which you can only play if you camp the spawn part of the map every game...then they say "part of the $120 purchase is you get all the DLC that is still to come for the game such as additional maps.....then EA announces Battlefront 2...they dont add any more DLC for BF1....and all these morons see the trailer, cum themselves at being able to play Rey and buy the beta....

like seriously.

what the fuck did you expect?

Battlefront 1 was 100% a scam, and every single Star Wars video game fan, or fan of the OG Battlefront got completely duped into thinking they were spending a fortune on a great game.

if these morons actually had any fiber of being they would've been calling for EA's heads the second they put Battlefront on the shelf for $120 without any actual content.

sorry you guys all got duped and are mad that EA is going after more of your money, but everything about BF1 proved to them that their audience would buy anything if it looks good in a trailer
The thing that got me were the reviewers claiming it was actually a great game with potential for an esports scene.

I was a big fan of bf4 despite early hiccups and I felt like it could have been a legit esports game. Early reviews of this beta made it sound like they were going to take it in a gamers' direction. Disney and EA had other ideas($$$$$).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back