EA Sports UFC, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeybizz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Where the hell is it? The controls are quite complex, but I could imagine there being high reward to learn the controls inside out, the tutorial is fine, but it doesn't teach escapes although I think I have worked it out. The demo tells me to go to the website for a manual but I don't see one

Finally worked a submission after a few attempts, slapped on a Peruvian neck tie on gus, felt so good...the game is great overall!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know how to throw elbows from the mount?

Does anybody know how to throw elbows from the mount?

Would like to know this also... The only aspect of the game that has disappointed me is the ground and pound, doesn't feel like theres much UMPH or impact behind the punches but its only a minor thing...I would like to of seen some wild wind up haymakers inside guard

rb and lb for power shots on ground

thanks man... Was wondering why I was doing crappy tippy tappy punches in his guard, I ko'ed gus when he had my posture broken and I hit him with a bunch of 5% punches haha

I THINK I have the controls down... I just hate how even then I can't seem to stop a goddamn takedown.

I THINK I have the controls down... I just hate how even then I can't seem to stop a goddamn takedown.

I love the takedown defence mechanic personally...I have a poor rate, but its just a reaction thing, slam down the R2 or right trigger, then hold down on the right thumbstick, easier said then done but in reality it is very much reaction based to stop a takedown

When im playing with Gus Jones takes me down every single time i cant do anything. But when i play as Jones and Gus shoots in i stop the takedown every time. Jones is just crazy overpowered.

Wait.. if you make or have a UK PSN account you get DL the demo on your PS4

I really hate the controls.

Takedown defense as a 2 button mechanic is fucking stupid, and the parrying is pointless. Half the time I parry a strike I cannot counter, the computer throws another punch and lands before me.

Mark my words, this game will be awful online.

Takedowns are too easy to do/ too difficult to defend. This is the problem I thought this game would have. Most of the exploits in these UFC games have been centered around takedowns.

*sigh*

Hopefully they can clean shit up in 2 weeks

Wait.. if you make or have a UK PSN account you get DL the demo on your PS4

I am in the UK and the demo did not appear in the store. I had to use the mobile playstation companion app, and download it from there.

Despite all the people moaning about it, I'm having a blast!

I really hate the controls.

Takedown defense as a 2 button mechanic is fucking stupid, and the parrying is pointless. Half the time I parry a strike I cannot counter, the computer throws another punch and lands before me.

Mark my words, this game will be awful online.

Blocking in general is a 2 button mechanic. It's all centered around R2. Just keep that in mind the whole time and you'll be fine. R2 plus a face button is a strong block, time it right and it's a parry. R2 plus down is takedown denial, on the ground is R2 plus either side on the right stick. VERY simple once you start getting use to using R2 as the foundation of all denials and blocks.

Once I started getting used to it, but hour #2, I was able to block, parry beautifully, defend most takedowns, and deny transitions. R2 is your friend and it the basis of all defense. Keep practicing and pretty soon you wont even realise your using R2 anymore.

Blocking in general is a 2 button mechanic. It's all centered around R2. Just keep that in mind the whole time and you'll be fine. R2 plus a face button is a strong block, time it right and it's a parry. R2 plus down is takedown denial, on the ground is R2 plus either side on the right stick. VERY simple once you start getting use to using R2 as the foundation of all denials and blocks.

Once I started getting used to it, but hour #2, I was able to block, parry beautifully, defend most takedowns, and deny transitions. R2 is your friend and it the basis of all defense. Keep practicing and pretty soon you wont even realise your using R2 anymore.

Yeah, I have played the game, thanks. lol

I still think the controls suck, and takedown defense being a 2-button mechanic is stupid. The guy on defense has to react with a harder button input in a smaller window than the guy attacking with a takedown.

Mark my words, this game is going to be a takedown-fest online.

Has anyone played the demo that was released? I was going to get a new console just for this game but am waiting till it is released because that is big purchase if the game blows. I watched a gameplay video and it look a lot like EA MMA which kinda sucked. They even have some of the same exact motions for the takedowns as EA MMA did.

Yeah, I have played the game, thanks. lol

I still think the controls suck, and takedown defense being a 2-button mechanic is stupid. The guy on defense has to react with a harder button input in a smaller window than the guy attacking with a takedown.

Mark my words, this game is going to be a takedown-fest online.

I'm just saying, it's really pretty simple when you break it down.

And how is it a harder button input to stop a takedown than it is to execute one? A basic single leg takedown is L2 and a Quarter Circle, which last I checked is more complex than R2 and Down.

Personally, I think you're overreacting to the demo. It's Jon Jones, likely a top 5 rated wrestler in the game, so his TD's are going to be very difficult to stop.

Also, you're new to control scheme, which means your input to defend is going to be slower than normal, & it's the demo. I recall the EA MMA demo was a TD and Reversal fest, but the full game was not. And if it's a major issue after release, they can easily patch the game to fix the denial window in order to balance it.

New console for the game?

Lol

You fool

try the video game section

I played it on Xbone and I don't like it. There is no strategy with it. I like the submission battle though. The striking is completely unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back