EA Sports UFC, v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's been happening with me, I lose decisions I have absolutely no reason to be losing. I fought one guy, he was Travis Browne, if I were to hazard a guess, he threw about 200 spinning heel kicks, he probably landed 4, but "landed", I mean, it actually hit something, even if it was blocked.

But, because of the whole "Who gives a shit if you've hit him 100 times, he wins" thing, I got rocked, and dropped twice because of it.

Yeah I know what you mean hell the other day I dropped Hendricks 6 times (2 times per round) and was outlanding him for all 3 rounds but he took me down 2 times a round and won the fight by split decision. It's really a ridiculous system. Also the universal block needs to go I did some tests after I read someone post on Gamefaqs and it blocks something like 250 shots out of 260 in a whole match if you should hold block the whole time. It should just be block up or down so that it opens up the fight and people would use sways or sidesteps etc instead. Anyways it's a good try for a first UFC game but I can't believe EA sports MMA was better with a lot less of a budget.

What's been happening with me, I lose decisions I have absolutely no reason to be losing. I fought one guy, he was Travis Browne, if I were to hazard a guess, he threw about 200 spinning heel kicks, he probably landed 4, but "landed", I mean, it actually hit something, even if it was blocked.

But, because of the whole "Who gives a shit if you've hit him 100 times, he wins" thing, I got rocked, and dropped twice because of it.

If you cant finish a guy fighting like that online then you need to practice more, simple as that. this game is not a pick up and kick ass type. it required practice and good strategy. and honestly spammers arent hard to deal with if you implement sound defense, a good strategy and stamina management

why do so many ppl think takedown defense is harder in this game? it's easier than any other prev ufc game.. if you are being defensive you are probably already holding block so all you do is down on the right stick. fuck the old days where your friends are over and after an hour everyones hands fucking hurt from spinning the stick super hard. also that shit eventually breaks controllers.

I can black takedowns its the fact I can have someone rocked for the forth time and while they are completely fucken gassed can still spam suplex takedowns, submissions and all the other things a half ko'd fighter thats totally gassed should not be able to do.

If you cant finish a guy fighting like that online then you need to practice more, simple as that. this game is not a pick up and kick ass type. it required practice and good strategy. and honestly spammers arent hard to deal with if you implement sound defense, a good strategy and stamina management

Well, that's the thing, I was hitting him flush in the head, but it seemingly had zero effect on him, wasn't rocked once, his face looked like he's been attacked with a straight razor, the stats showed that I hit him more, and had a MUCH higher percentage of strikes landing.

I have no idea why they were seemingly having no effect on the guy, but I hit him god knows how many times, nothing, I get one, that was blocked, and I'm on the deck.

No there is something going on, some fights I have been lighting the other player up with power shots, counters and everything and it seems like the damage just doesnt add up, then they throw some hail marry strikes after eating a few and all of a sudden im totally red and fucked up. Its not every fight but there is something

Anyone have any tips on career mode? Since Game Face is awful I just decided to pick Bruce Lee.

Currently he's slow, has no moves and isn't very good. What stats should I be looking at upgrading and how do moves play a role? It would definitely be nice to get some new moves but they cost a lot of points and it seems like they should go to stats instead.

Well, that's the thing, I was hitting him flush in the head, but it seemingly had zero effect on him, wasn't rocked once, his face looked like he's been attacked with a straight razor, the stats showed that I hit him more, and had a MUCH higher percentage of strikes landing.

I have no idea why they were seemingly having no effect on the guy, but I hit him god knows how many times, nothing, I get one, that was blocked, and I'm on the deck.

Some of the guys have really good chins and are legitimately very hard to stun unless with a good counter while they're out of stamina it seems.

Anyone have any tips on career mode? Since Game Face is awful I just decided to pick Bruce Lee.

Currently he's slow, has no moves and isn't very good. What stats should I be looking at upgrading and how do moves play a role? It would definitely be nice to get some new moves but they cost a lot of points and it seems like they should go to stats instead.

Here are some notes on what i've done and it has worked out pretty good so far (for a striker, assuming that's what you want to be with Bruce Lee :) )...

- Don't focus on new moves until your stats are decent, you don't need them right away.

- Improve hand/foot speed, endurance/stamina, and chin/body first. Getting those 6 bars up pretty high will really help.

- Next start improving power stats and takedown def. I bought myself one big overhand right at this point and it did seem to help me get the KO easier but I literally didn't even look at another move until I was at the #1 contendor fight.

- By your 4th or 5th UFC fight your guy should be pretty awesome and the points you'll get for fights/training increases a lot so you can really improve quickly. At this point I started buying some new moves and improving my other stats like subs/clinch stuff.

for career mode, I made a boxer and just increase my punch stats to the fullest first and then my body and chin health and the then legs stats and then everything else after that. I am 20-0 with 20 KOs and TKO. I box for the most part but have finished for of my fights with elbows for side control.

but like Smith said don't buy the fancy punches and kick until you increase you stats.

Okay now the quitting starts. Suddenly everyone disconnects. 4 fights in a row

Someone start a v3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back