Locked EA UFC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yari

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Figured I might start a thread for the next game. I'll pick it up when it becomes more relevant, considering we're still waiting for a reveal. I was hoping for it to happen during Gamescom, but unfortunately this was not the case.

In anticipation for the EA UFC 2 reveal, we've had a developer on the EA UFC forums revealing new moves for the next game. Considering the official reveal still hasn't occured, I figured it might interest some of you.

What was revealed to day excites me quite a bit especially. I'm sure all of you hated the invulnerability frames during spinning moves.

l41lNZ5jCBEZFrVmM.gif

He's using action figures for it, but it works quite well to get the message through.
During a long wait with little to look forward to, (I'm not expecting a release until June 2016), these weekly move reveals are quite fun.

All 7 can be found through here; http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10342013.page

Hopefully the official reveal is not too far out. I'm still hoping Fedor lands in the UFC somehow, and we might actually see him in a UFC brand game then too.

EA Sports GameChangers.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10355140.page

They are going to bring in community members to improve the game. I'm very excited about this. They did it for NHL and I am very excited with what they managed to do there. It shows they are really willing to improve their game.

Last edited:
They better make a Fight Night Round 6 before wasting their time on another shitty UFC game.

PRIDE mode, that is all.
I believe it is also time for WEC and Strikeforce arenas, who cares about WFA? More orgs would give us a much better career mode.
Needs Deeper roster (obviously), better fight mechanics, and better CAF options, I don't see the CAF part happening because of the Heebok deal.

Even just an updated version of fight night champion that can be played on PS4 would be good.

fight night champion sucked. I didn't like the mechanics and online was horrible. round 4 was way better , I was in the top 10 online for a while haha

I was a big fan of the game but they patched it one too many times I thought. I absolutely can't stand the kick catching. It complete ruins the game, especially against the computer.

Catching kicks are pretty rare in an actual MMA fight and if the game, if you throw a kick, chances are it's going to get caught. It makes throwing nearly pointless and the person gets an automatic takedown.

Anyway, give me PRIDE, WEC and Strikeforce modes and I'll be happy.

Haven't visited the forums in a while. The sequel has potential to be great if they do a lot of things right.

I just hope they take some mechanics from Undisputed 3, still the best MMA game to date imo.

I would not expect Pride mode for the sequel. It is essentially an entirely different game of its own. The presentation, commentary, everything has to be done from start. Not to mention the licensing of fighters outside of the UFC.

The last part is crucial considering fighters in EA UFC, do not fight like themselves. And more so, many fighters were missing.

I think they should focus on creating engaging core gameplay that keeps people playing. They could add Pride mode but if people don't actually enjoy the game, then the Pride mode could be as well looking as it was in Undisputed, but you'll grow tired of it quickly.

On the forum we've pushed hard for realistic damage, pretty much since day 1, so they are absolutely aware of what the playerbase wants. And that's not an opponent eating 20 flush headkicks.

They did patch too much in the last game. It eventually got them down a path where they could not really return to the kind of game they shipped with. Damage system got bad down the road.

Little has been said about the striking but the developer that handles the grappling seems to pursue realism so let's hope it shows. He has great ideas and I hope he can succeed in it.

This new reveal in particular, should really change the flow of the game. People have to be wary before they throw their spinning shit. It's no longer this bubble of invulnerability.

He also posted a gif that confirmed TKO positions.

Well the guy drinks whey. That's good enough for me.

Also Feints are pretty much confirmed. He's been having objects in the background of the gifs, and the first letter of every item gave the word "FEINTS".

I just got the game pretty recently with a PS4 and dove in to it obsessively for awhile. I thought it was great but by far my biggest complaint was that kicks and spinning kicks are counters to takedown attempts rather than weak to them. Every time I see someone spamming kicks, my instincts are to time the easy takedown. I just couldn't believe that as good as the game is everywhere else, that such an obvious thing was screwed up so badly. If it was the exact same game with that fixed, I would be content lol.

Just remembered this was EA. I was joking about that last part. I hope they do more than that lol.

I want Pride mode with Pride versions of fighters and I want Bas & Quadros and I want more realistic movesets and I want jabbing while walking backwards and I want more realistic damage like in EA MMA. Eating flush headkicks for breakfast? No sir, do not want.

I want Pride mode with Pride versions of fighters and I want Bas & Quadros and I want more realistic movesets and I want jabbing while walking backwards and I want more realistic damage like in EA MMA. Eating flush headkicks for breakfast? No sir, do not want.

Don't forget Lenne Hardt.

I didn't even bother playing the first. Even Square Enix can make a better fighting game than EA.

Needs:
PC release
Ability to edit roster fighter stats to tweek fighters they get wrong
More frames per animation. The last game relied in motion blur to fill in gaps waaaay to much.
More glancing shots. You took every shot flush and walked through them like a Rocky movie.

Feints are going to really change where the stand up portion of the game can go, right now its sort of like rockem sockem robots. I like that they are addressing the spinning stuff and I hope it means that some of the other wonky animations are being taken care of as well. I feel like the ground mechanics actually started off in the right direction, I don't like the sub minigame much but I haven't liked any of them in any of the ufc games. I think mostly what needs tweaking is resource based, stamina, damage, etc.

l41lLMWmDcttthAHu.gif

Elbows from the bottom.
Looks like the Dev also got the greenlight to reveal something else on the background, like how we got the Feints thing. Hopefully it's a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back