Locked EA UFC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
By reading through all these pages it seems safe to say that EA UFC has succumbed to EA's microtransaction focused cash grab. Another sports series murdered by lack of effort and greed.

we were NEVER the target audience. EA was getting our money regardless, the MMA-Starved fan base that will play ANY MMA video game, they were targetting the casual fan and gamer...hence the gimmick inclusion of Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee.....

Since UFC owns Pride they should give us a legendary Pride Pack (notice I said "give" not sell)

I'd love to use Tom Erickson, Ricardo Arona, and Igor Vovchanchyn

Wow I tried knockout mode for the first time, what a pile of shit. What is this point Karate pile of crap? I was under the impression KO mode was basically going to be a UFC fight, but with no ground game and takedowns. Instead we get this point karate 5 clean strikes and the fights over. How could they possibly fuck that up?

I haven't tried it yet - what do you mean? You land 5 strikes and you win, seriously?

Is Mirko the most distorted looking fighter in the game....was fighting Fzubek last night, and Mirko isn't as pale as he should be, doesn't have the Mirko nose, he honestly looks like a CAF

detailMedium.png

UFC121_Weigh_Ins_37.jpg

Last edited:
really? When I finally get top mount and posture up, my fighter gets stuck on stupid, and looks at his opponent while I mash the fuk out of the buttons wondering what the fuk is going on

Same here. Happens sometimes in the clinch to me too, lots of awkward unresponsive moments where I can't punch, can't transition, can't block the transition..... feels clunky.

Also, how do you block a submission attempt? L2 and the direction? I see sub attempts spamming becoming a problem since it's already pretty difficult to block a transition to the point that you need to really pay attention and focus to get the timing right. Worrying about stopping a sub attempt at the same time could be tough. Had a guy using Mighty mouse last night spam kimura attempts on me and I wasn't sure how to stop them. His grappling stats are so high and I had Horiguchi, so even when he was gassed and I stopped the sub attempt, I couldn't transition in time before he started another kimura.

Was pretty frustrating, until I knocked him out with 1 minute left after having lost all 3 rounds so far :)

I haven't tried it yet - what do you mean? You land 5 strikes and you win, seriously?

I think there is a slider where you can set how many strikes land before there is a KO. There is even a handicap where you can set your opponent to deliver more or less strikes than you do before they can win....Naturally, I have no interest in this mode....

Also, how do you block a submission attempt

This. I haven't seen anything saying a sub attempt could be blocked....I just learned last night how to execute power takedowns...(sucks that I have to be smelling my opponent's breath in order to execute a TD attempt and can't shoot from a foot away)

agreed

really? When I finally get top mount and posture up, my fighter gets stuck on stupid, and looks at his opponent while I mash the fuk out of the buttons wondering what the fuk is going on

I have my career mode on hard and 10 of my Wins are from single leg takedown posture up and rain hard elbows and hammer fists I think my longest fight was with one minute left in the second round. My guy has a kickboxing base

I think there is a slider where you can set how many strikes land before there is a KO. There is even a handicap where you can set your opponent to deliver more or less strikes than you do before they can win....Naturally, I have no interest in this mode....

WTF? Like the other guy said, I assumed that mode would just be like kickboxing..... same game, just no grappling. That sounds silly.

I have my career mode on hard and 10 of my Wins are from single leg takedown posture up and rain hard elbows and hammer fists I think my longest fight was with one minute left in the second round. My guy has a kickboxing base

Ohhhhhh

I'm a strictly online gamer...100% of my fights are in either quick match or ranked...There is definitely a delayed reaction when you posture up and when you want to deliver strikes online

I need 3 more alternates for Tourney....I decided to have an 8 man tourney and the winner of that will face a random member of the field of 16 for their tournament spot....anyone interested????.....(Playstation 4)....just post your PS4 name and the fighter you want in the stickied thread

The following fighters are still available

Frank Mir:
Jared Rosholt
Mark Coleman:
Minotauro Nogueira
Pat Barry
Matt Mitrione:
Gabriel Gonzaga:
Roy Nelson:
Shawn Jordan:
Antonio Bigfoot Silva:

As I've gone up and fought better players online, i have definitely noticed some areas that could use addressing. Hopefully a patch can handle the majority of the problems.

-Clinch is very difficult to defend if you get someone that knows how to mix it up properly. Not really sure how this can be improved, but right now, if you don't guess the first strike correctly, you get caught in an awful series of trying to successfully guess the next strike until you can get grapple advantage and out. Sometimes that means you get tagged 3 or 4 times, and if you are already hurting, could be night night very easily. I think the problem is that you cant react to the incoming strike. The block isn't responsive enough.

-Long fighters are still a major advantage. Especially the talented ones with spinning attacks. Like Jon Jones. Anyone with skill can stay WAY outside and pepper spinning kicks that cover massive distance. The distance needs toned down for one. And there needs to be MAJOR stamina tax for using those techniques, more so if they don't land. I had the unfortunate pleasure of using Cormier vs Jones. While I worked hard to get into clinch range and land takedowns, the majority of the fight i was dealing with huge distances and wiffing counters. I dont argue that those guys shouldnt have an advantage, it's MMA and it exists, but it's a bit much.

-TKO's feel helpless. If I get rocked, I fall down and hope my Recover meter fills up in time to be able to input controls again. I'm OK with this in very rare, major major rocked stages. But I don't understand why I cant maintain blocking control while rocked. At least I would feel in control of my own destiny instead of simply crossing my fingers for a recovery. TKO's in general should be a referee stoppage if I am beyond a certain damage point and getting blasted repeatedly 'while in control'. As it stands now it's simple a straight KO finish that either you get saved from or not by the system. Blahhhh

I'm honestly hating this game online, fatigue system is broken, people just spamming spinning kicks and stuff. And yes, I do absolutely suck at the game.

the game desperately needs a running mechanic. Closing distance is just way too difficult as you lumber forward in mud. A simple running mechanic would be a huge improvement.

Anyone hurt can just back away and you aren't going to catch them unless they back into the cage. So the only way to stop them from backing out is to try to clinch them, and with the state of clinch, it's a bit cheesy.

I'm honestly hating this game online, fatigue system is broken, people just spamming spinning kicks and stuff. And yes, I do absolutely suck at the game.
I still love the game, there are some really bright spots that I think make it a blast. Just has some shortcomings that people take advantage of. Patches will make this game very good if they are listening to feedback.

Online is always a bit of gamble. I only play online, nothing else. Most of the time I find decent players, sometimes you get the people that only use the cheapo tactics without shame. And you find yourself trying to overcome the game's flaws to be effective. It's frustrating when that happens.

It's very similar. They clearly took several of the mechanics from there and added the kicks from EA UFC 1
Not even close. Not even a little bit.

First there is an invisible wall between the fighters in EA UFC that prevents the fighters from fighting close range, unlike FNC.

Second, in EA UFC the L2 is the lean modifier aswell as the body punch modifier.. so most counters come iut as a body shot unless you very quickly come off the L2 button, bot intuitive.

In FNC I can decide in my head how I want to counter.. I want to slip to my left and counter your jab with a right uppercut? No problem. Virtually impossible in EA UFC 2.

Second the actual fighter movement is very fucking wonky, and since you cant properly slip and counter, EA UFC 2 is simply a game of attack, and move all the way out of range.. you cant tease the distance, nor close it properly. This is why fighters with reach are OP In this game.

In FNC there is a bob and weave mechanic in addition to slipping, meaning I can bob and weave underneathe a jab and counter you with a hook all while closing distance.

In FNC since we can counter with head movement while stationary, there isnt any moments when both fighters are on opposites sides of the octagon as it so often happens in this game since both fighters are trying to attack and retreat constantly.

In FNC every punch and be modified with R2 to throw a heavy version of the strike with the cost of stamina added to it. So throwing powerjabs inbetween whiffs is amazingly satisfying.

Lean mechanic or not, these games are nothing alike.

-Clinch is very difficult to defend if you get someone that knows how to mix it up properly. Not really sure how this can be improved, but right now, if you don't guess the first strike correctly, you get caught in an awful series of trying to successfully guess the next strike until you can get grapple advantage and out. Sometimes that means you get tagged 3 or 4 times, and if you are already hurting, could be night night very easily. I think the problem is that you cant react to the incoming strike. The block isn't responsive enough.

I feel like they knew this before launch, and that's why after a certain point you will just flop out of the clinch onto the ground so you are not permanently stuck in the clinch lol.

I fought someone yesterday, I was Barnett he was Overeem. He did not know how to block clinch knees and I probably knocked him down from the clinch about 7 or 8 before I finally finished him. He would just flop to the ground and recover instantly.

I was 22-5 online at one point, suddenly I'm 28-21. About 10 of those last 16 losses were decisions where I thought I had an easy 30-27. I keep raging but I also keep playing; as much as this game pisses me off and as unbalanced as so many things seem, I'm still enjoying it enough to just keep going.

God damn there is a lot of bitching about the game. I think it's because you guys only want to play it online, and online never works as well with thes types of games.

I played it last night. And I thought it felt and looked great. But I don't play online because I don't give a shit about dick measuring using a video game as a ruler.

I feel like they knew this before launch, and that's why after a certain point you will just flop out of the clinch onto the ground so you are not permanently stuck in the clinch lol.

I fought someone yesterday, I was Barnett he was Overeem. He did not know how to block clinch knees and I probably knocked him down from the clinch about 7 or 8 before I finally finished him. He would just flop to the ground and recover instantly.
Yea that's possible. The game has so much potential. Just seems to fall short in some areas that change the entire dynamic of the game. If they can just add a handful of reliable mechanics the game will be a thing of beauty.

God damn there is a lot of bitching about the game. I think it's because you guys only want to play it online, and online never works as well with thes types of games.

I played it last night. And I thought it felt and looked great. But I don't play online because I don't give a shit about dick measuring using a video game as a ruler.
LOL dick measuring. I cant speak with anyone else, but thats not why I play online at all. I really dont care if I get beat or win. I just find it much more enjoyable to strategize against a real human brain instead of a CPU. I love playing chess, but you'd never catch me playing by myself against a computer chip. It's not fun. same thing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back