EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I would like to see in the game would be...

1. A Story mode like Fight Night champions has.

2. A legends mode with the old UFC cage from the 90's and No Holds Barred Rules.

3. Pride Mode.

4. Venues from some of the promotions the UFC has bought out. Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, IFL, etc...

5. Focus more on having old school fighters in their Prime on the roster vs having a bunch of mid teir to lower tier guys that are currently with the UFC.

6. I know this is asking too much, but a K-1 rules mode with Big Gloves and analog stick striking would be sweet too.

1. That isn't shitty and short
2. fuck yeah
3. even more double infinite fuck yeah
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes

It would be nice if they just created some fake MMA leagues to go along with the game.

The idea of starting my CAF at 0-0 in the TUF house or UFC always kinda took something away from the experience for me.

Can't agree enough on this point. The UFC owns the image and rights to Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, and WFA. You're telling me they can't use those as minor leagues so your fighter can get some actual experience before the whole TUF thing. Speaking of TUF, that should be optional if you wanna fast track to the UFC.

Honestly I'd be happier if they just let THQ make the games again. They made the best UFC game ever and all of the best WWE games back in the day as well.

Can't agree enough on this point. The UFC owns the image and rights to Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, and WFA. You're telling me they can't use those as minor leagues so your fighter can get some actual experience before the whole TUF thing. Speaking of TUF, that should be optional if you wanna fast track to the UFC.

Honestly I'd be happier if they just let THQ make the games again. They made the best UFC game ever and all of the best WWE games back in the day as well.

Couldn't they just create some very original fake organizations within the game ?

The game changer dude who played the game before anyone else said the career mode looks promising.

I hope they totally revamped it. Personally, I would create my CAF and then use him in event mode I created my own cards and story lol.

Got zero hype for this at the moment. The last game was garbage.

THQ damn near perfected MMA video game design, then EA comes along and basically tried re-answer all the questions that THQ had figured out, but most of their answers just weren't as good.

Nothing in EA UFC2 felt as good as UFC3.

The striking was ridiculous. Arcade moves, parry fests, no damage, etc.

The grappling felt clunky and slow. For example, getting into mount and posturing up. You're just there hovering over the guy on bottom and it just felt robotic. There's none of the tension and struggle that UFC3 has.

The Career mode was honestly embarrassing. I lost 2 fights in my career and at the end all I get was a text box telling me I've taken too much damage and I should hit the practice drills. It's like they put as little effort as they possible could into Career mode.

Oh, and the A.I lol. On the hardest diff you can just walk forward throwing 1-2s and the A.I is so poor that it has no idea what to do. You also used to get strikers like Joanna and Conor going for Takedowns every round for some reason.

Why does this stupid ass UFC 3 is the greatest thing ever narrative keep getting repeated?

Why does this stupid ass UFC 3 is the greatest thing ever narrative keep getting repeated?

Because in terms of game design, mechanics and dynamics, it's the best MMA game to date.

EA were moronic to not look at what made UFC3 successful and try to replicate at least some of that success. Instead, they started completely from scratch with their own ideas, made something terrible, and don't really seem to be righting themselves.

Robotic grappling, arcade super move striking, static clinches and not even the ability to push a takedown into the cage in EA's UFC attempts.

Only thing they really have right is the visuals.

Because in terms of game design, mechanics and dynamics, it's the best MMA game to date.

EA were moronic to not look at what made UFC3 successful and try to replicate at least some of that success. Instead, they started completely from scratch with their own ideas, made something terrible, and don't really seem to be righting themselves.

Robotic grappling, arcade super move striking, static clinches and not even the ability to push a takedown into the cage in EA's UFC attempts.

Only thing they really have right is the visuals.

Game mechanics like stiff striking, special strikes coming out faster then jabs, and game breaking exploits like the side control knee spam? For as many flaws as EA UFC has it still plays shit ton better then any THQ game. It's like the idiots still carrying the torch for WWF No Mercy or NFL 2K5

Game mechanics like stiff striking, special strikes coming out faster then jabs, and game breaking exploits like the side control knee spam? For as many flaws as EA UFC has it still plays shit ton better then any THQ game. It's like the idiots still carrying the torch for WWF No Mercy or NFL 2K5

Striking made sense in UFC3. In EA UFC it's a parry fest. Also, the fastest strike off a counter was a lead leg head kick lol. It's faster than a counter jab or straight. There's no defending that sort of crap.

EA UFC, with it's ridiculous moves, clunky grappling, ridiculous damage system, combo multiplier, etc. is a joke of a game. UFC3 actually has the feel of a fight.

And as for No Mercy, it is better than the recent WWE games, again mechanically. Haven't played the latest WWE game, but in the last one momentum didn't affect counters/reversals and it took about an hour or so to perfect that system, which meant if you played against another human who knew it as well then matches were just non stop counter fests.

Due to recent events (Jon Jones pissing hot) I PRAY he's left off the roster. If he isn't in the game, the 205 division may be the most balanced.

just spent the night playing ufc 3. the striking is robotic, but damn if the game doesn't feel worlds better then EA ufc 2. i didn't even need the hud on to play, the transitions on the ground were seamless and made sense, quick up and down to block with quarter circles in either direction to advance position. no stupid meter, no nothing! ufc 3 was such a great game, the title mode alone is worth admission. i wanted to get rid of this ps3 but i dunno... i might keep it just for this game.

i loved setting up Pride tournaments and having my CAF competing against the best

BUMP small leak because of Felice Herrig making a video in the EA office. No gameplay or anything, but a Bisping render atleast.

New commentator confirmed to be Jon Anik. Not a fan.

ySLjid3.png

7TOwSHj.png

These are good too, thanks to a poster on the OS forum. These were details given by a GameChanger.

Ummmm.... no.

Anik is the most annoying play-by-play MMA commentator in the modern era of the sport.

Any interest I had in this, based on supposed significant improvements, has just died.

Whoever the MWE figurehead that made the decision to fire Goldie and promote Anik, should be dragged out to the street and shot.

ySLjid3.png

7TOwSHj.png

These are good too, thanks to a poster on the OS forum. These were details given by a GameChanger.

Been following Martial for a bit on YouTube. I remember him way back from the EA forums.

Love how they've included the unique animations for each character, that's awesome news. You should have been a game changer Yari :p
Interested to see the new control scheme.

Thats probably the worst part of the mma games, everyone kinda starts feeling like the same character just with different stats.

Thats probably the worst part of the mma games, everyone kinda starts feeling like the same character just with different stats.
Yeah it really does. And this is probably going to be no different again. They'll try to top themselves by going from 150 fighters to 200 or something, rather than making individuals feel more unique.

Totally ignoring the fact that half of the roster goes completely unutilized anyway and their last roster is now mostly outdated because so many of those fighters aren't even relevant anymore either.

I really hope fighters get good ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back