EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should try a few different weight class tourneys and run them at the same time,but where your pick was at in the first tourney/weight class affects your pick order for the next tourney/weight class.

Like a snake draft.

Either way i cant wait for the release and to get into any sherdog tourney.lol

Once I understood the new blocking layout, the importance of checking leg kicks, and the fact that strikes don't cover distance, I liked it.

?
Ultimate Team reference? I don't use that mode.
there was guys going around throwing foofoo kicks you needed to unluck with those loot chest things. You have a round house to the body but it seem 9 times out of 10 mine got caught and then I got dropped from a punch. After I spent some in game cash on those loot things I got a higher tier mid kick that was barely caught.

The game grew on me a lot, it looked great from the start but the fun came when I got used to everything.

For the KO's. apparently these should improve quite a bit. I agree they look quite poor. As for the grappling, they had a heavy focus on them going into the second game. Since the striking was the absolute worst it has ever been, I think they made the right call to focus on that for this third game. The striking in the last 2 was garbage. There wasn't a single thought put into anything. Just a bunch of features and mechanics thrown together.

If we're talking striking controls, yeah they were easier in the last 2 games. But I'll take the hit there just so I can have the features these new controls provide.

there was guys going around throwing foofoo kicks you needed to unluck with those loot chest things. You have a round house to the body but it seem 9 times out of 10 mine got caught and then I got dropped from a punch. After I spent some in game cash on those loot things I got a higher tier mid kick that was barely caught.
Legit never have and never will play that mode. I heard it's basically the same as UFC 2.

Here's the full story on the microtransactions.

I don't plan to play Ultimate Team. It's a money grab and always has been. I gave it an honest Go with Madden 18 and didn't spend any money. I got almost nowhere despite grinding for a long time. Screw that mode and any like it.

I don't plan to play Ultimate Team. It's a money grab and always has been. I gave it an honest Go with Madden 18 and didn't spend any money. I got almost nowhere despite grinding for a long time. Screw that mode and any like it.

Whats the last Madden without microtransactions?

They’re all shit, with the exception of the Dreamcast one (Hughes, Burnett, Frank, Chuck, Randleman etc)

I mean, I saw the numbers once again and the money EA makes with these modes is ridiculous, so it isn't too surprising they'll keep adding that shit to their games.

"Today about 70-75% of all the people that buy the sports games join Ultimate Team," Jorgensen said. "It's fun. It's a great way to play the game. Of those 75% of the people, about half of those people actually spend some money and the other half just play without spending. But in a free-to-play world, that's a fantastic balance of spenders and non-spenders."

That's still a lot of people willing to pay for that shit. And while I understand the references to Battlefront 2 in this scenario, the beta was already submitted before all of that went down. So even if they wanted to make any changes to the game in anticipation of that, they had no chance to do so anyway.

That said, I don't actually believe they will change anything. It's easy money.
These modes have been around for a while now and they've gotten away with it. They should probably reconsider if they want EA UFC 3 to be the title to take the backlash for it as "the first cashgrab after Battlefront 2" though. You just know it is going to blow up when reviewers find out they'll still take the same approach in their game.

The problem is people should have made this much noise about it when they first started to introduce the Ultimate Team mode years ago. I said it from the beginning I think that this entire mode is a cash grab. And clearly it has worked for them since its now part of every sports game they make. If they can still fool enough people into shelling out real cash, then good on them I guess.

By this point though, they have already established a base of consumers that don't object to paying for all this. So its not going away. I just don't touch it.

I also didnt buy Battlefront 2, which I was looking forward to, because that is directly linked to the multiplayer mode in general, which is wrong.

Here's the full story on the microtransactions.

Good lord, those idiots are hard to watch. WHY did that video need to be 9 minutes long? They just repeated the same thing 5 times. Awful.

Anyway, yeah the microtransactions are shitty. Oh well, they're not going anywhere unless hoards of 13 year olds stop asking for PS4/Xbox points for xmas and buying this shit.

I'll be 100% honest here.

I'm usually the first one to jump down EA's throat for their gougey practices, but UT is a completely optional mode. It's not like they're locking actual fighters behind paywalls outside of UT. I'd be pissed if I had to pay 2.99 for extra characters or alternate versions with better stats, but that's not the case.

UT seems to be more of a grind mode put into a fighting game to get more out of it, also im pretty sure the first UFC EA game didnt even have UT mode. Are the good moves/fighters only possible to obrain if you buy? Like you could fight 100 fights and get 100 garbage packs?

I'm usually the first one to jump down EA's throat for their gougey practices, but UT is a completely optional mode. It's not like they're locking actual fighters behind paywalls outside of UT. I'd be pissed if I had to pay 2.99 for extra characters or alternate versions with better stats, but that's not the case.

UT seems to be more of a grind mode put into a fighting game to get more out of it, also im pretty sure the first UFC EA game didnt even have UT mode. Are the good moves/fighters only possible to obrain if you buy? Like you could fight 100 fights and get 100 garbage packs?

I had some fun with UT last game, never considered spending a dime. I didn't try it in the beta though. All I did was make silly looking versions of my friends and stream it for them though. Occasionally you would come across someone who clearly paid to make a superpowered fighter, but it wasn't that common, and it really didn't bother me much. Maybe because I was already used to playing vs Jones every fight in ranked lol

Have they confirmed they're not selling extra fighters? No Mike Tyson/Bruce Lee/Whoever for sale later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back