EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they're optional, must have misunderstood your "I'd be pissed if I had to pay 2.99 for extra characters" comment I guess

As long as their is an option to play and unlock them I don't have a problem. If they started locking guys like Al Iaquinta and Edson Barboza behind 3.99 paywalls yes, I'd be pissed. I don't even play UT so I could care less, but I can see why it's bullshit if you HAVE to buy good items with no other possible option.

I don't care if I have to grind a bit personally, but if you grind and grind and only get nothing for your troubles while everything is locked behind a paywall, Yea I'd be pissed.

I don't plan to play Ultimate Team. It's a money grab and always has been. I gave it an honest Go with Madden 18 and didn't spend any money. I got almost nowhere despite grinding for a long time. Screw that mode and any like it.

I had a 99 OVR team in madden last year with no money spent. But the thing with UFC is that they dont even have an auction house for you to grind on to make coins. The ability to be competitive with pay 2 play guys entirely depends on the auction house. When you are earning like 100 coins per fight and people get about 20,000 coins worth of stuff for 10 bucks it is nearly impossible to keep up. UFC is lacking all of the features that enable EA to say Madden is not pay to play. No auction, no trade block, no promos, only 100 coins for solos etc....

I cant really defend any of the ultimate team modes but these videos are driving me crazy. People who have obviously never played any ultimate team just complainimg because it is popular to complain aboit right now. I am glad attention has been brought to it but they need to understand it before just complaining about it. It is a complex scam that people need to understand better not to get bit by it.

The game grew on me a lot, it looked great from the start but the fun came when I got used to everything.

For the KO's. apparently these should improve quite a bit. I agree they look quite poor. As for the grappling, they had a heavy focus on them going into the second game. Since the striking was the absolute worst it has ever been, I think they made the right call to focus on that for this third game. The striking in the last 2 was garbage. There wasn't a single thought put into anything. Just a bunch of features and mechanics thrown together.

If we're talking striking controls, yeah they were easier in the last 2 games. But I'll take the hit there just so I can have the features these new controls provide.
I love the game, it's certainly not perfect. But one thing I try not to do is let my expectations get out of control. It's easy for that to happen and I can see a lot of people that clearly imagine a game beyond reasonable expectations, and then shit on the actual product when it doesn't meet them.

The Devs just need to keep pushing forward on this. There are clear areas of focus for the next game.

-Submission system needs to be integrated with the rest of the grappling - Transition based submissions with no giant mini game HUD. This can be achieved!
-Clinch needs to be fluid in and out, more movement to push and pull - use Undisputed 3 as a baseline guide
-Ground and Pound & following rocked fighters to the ground needs attention. 1 example is Posturing up from Mount should not be a transition and should not be so slow and clunky. Undisputed 3 did this well, you can go from smothering to posture up and back down simply by holding up. It was fluid. Overall ground strikes just need more impact. And they need to allow for ground sways.

So basically your throwing the same straight punches the entire fight. Methodical.

WTF? Did we watch a different video?

His opponent gassed himself quickly with spinning shit so he stalked him with hooks, body shots, body kicks, a few jabs and straights... in fact jabs and straights seemed to be his least used strike.

{<huh}

The Devs just need to keep pushing forward on this. There are clear areas of focus for the next game.

-Submission system needs to be integrated with the rest of the grappling - Transition based submissions with no giant mini game HUD. This can be achieved!
-Clinch needs to be fluid in and out, more movement to push and pull - use Undisputed 3 as a baseline guide
-Ground and Pound & following rocked fighters to the ground needs attention. 1 example is Posturing up from Mount should not be a transition and should not be so slow and clunky. Undisputed 3 did this well, you can go from smothering to posture up and back down simply by holding up. It was fluid. Overall ground strikes just need more impact. And they need to allow for ground sways.

They need to take a redo on the ground game. Filling up bars just isn't fun and it doesn't give any kind of feeling like actual MMA ground fighting. I have studied jiu jitsu for close to 20 years now and it is the most fun thing to do in the world. Throw in striking and it is probably the most adrenaline filled and exciting sport ever. Yet EA makes it the most boring and repetitive thing possible. The last two days of the beta I just started subbing people the second they took me down so that I could get to the next match and not waste my time. I don't think I lost a single game in the beta on the ground and I still hate it. In both THQ and EA MMA I was definitely stand up focused but I loved getting taken down and beating people there as well. In the EA UFC's I honestly get mad when people want to go to the mat.

On the standup I like the direction they are going but I also finally realized what I hate about it. It is the input lag and pre loading of strikes that makes it way less than it could be. I want to push a button and see my fighter do what I pushed when I pushed it. I don't want to hammer out a mortal kombat combo and then watch the screen for 10 seconds while it plays out. If you want to do a combo you should have to chain together strikes in real time, throw a jab, once it lands throw a straight, once it lands throw the lead hook. If you try to strike before the prior strike completes it should be cancelled out instead of coming out randomly 5 seconds later. I saw a post on their forums that said we should be able to sway in real time as a reaction to strikes rather than just trying to predict all the time, the dev replied that the game would suck if it was real time because then people would dodge everything. That comment really disappointed me because it made me realize the devs don't understand the sport. They market everything around "counter" striking yet they don't think that people want a read and react game. Make the strikes real time and I can feint and blow people up swaying in real time.

I do like the game and feel it is a great improvement over last year but just wanted to drop my core complaints in here now that the beta is done.

So basically your throwing the same straight punches the entire fight. Methodical.
I think I threw every technique Alvarez has in his set. I only threw straights as he was backing away as they have the a longer range than hooks/uppercuts. Why would I sit down on hooks while he backs out of range?

I'll admit this fight wasn't the most methodical, but lets be honest here, the guy was basically a moving punching bag posing no threat after the 1st 15 seconds.

I think I threw every technique Alvarez has in his set. I only threw straights as he was backing away as they have the a longer range than hooks/uppercuts. Why would I sit down on hooks while he backs out of range?

I'll admit this fight wasn't the most methodical, but lets be honest here, the guy was basically a moving punching bag posing no threat after the 1st 15 seconds.

It's not like there are that many options for controlling someone on the feet. You pretty much have to lead with jabs and straights if you want to land. You aren't going to pick anyone apart with a bunch of uppercuts. You always could try that combo from my video lol I believe it is 8 spinning elbows and a flying knee.

Yea most realistic combos and entries into range start with a straight.

Based on the Beta, it seems EA removed Overall ratings, is this correct? I hope so. Overalls make no sense in MMA.

Based on the Beta, it seems EA removed Overall ratings, is this correct? I hope so. Overalls make no sense in MMA.

Im pretty psyched that it seems like Conor isn't a BJJ wizard who can dominate BJ Penn on the ground with ease in this game lol. I wonder if Ronda will still have higher striking stats then Nunes and Cyborg?

{<jordan}

I cannot stand Jon Jones or people who use him, but he's the only guy I can think of that deserved the super powered rantings he had. He doesn't really have any weaknesses. Some other guys just had absurd stats.

Man, EA UFC 2 is rough to return to.

Eagerly awaiting February.

Im pretty psyched that it seems like Conor isn't a BJJ wizard who can dominate BJ Penn on the ground with ease in this game lol. I wonder if Ronda will still have higher striking stats then Nunes and Cyborg?

{<jordan}

I cannot stand Jon Jones or people who use him, but he's the only guy I can think of that deserved the super powered rantings he had. He doesn't really have any weaknesses. Some other guys just had absurd stats.

They could just have the game crash anytime someone picks Jones.

{<jordan}

Just the lack of an overall rating will encourage more people to try out other fighters. I mean, Beniel Dariush was one of my favorite fighters in the Beta, I roughed up plenty of McGregors with Dariush. Hope that can continue with the other weight classes.

I am not going to play UFC 2 at all. It's shelved for good.

I shelved that game 2 months after release, game way to heavily favors the grappler. Plus it has a broken stamina system and a terrible striking system that encourages spamming and unrealistic combos.

I shelved that game 2 months after release, game way to heavily favors the grappler. Plus it has a broken stamina system and a terrible striking system that encourages spamming and unrealistic combos.
Yea, mainly for me, I already re-mapped my brain around the new standup controls. not going to erase that by picking up UFC 2 again.

Plus, when you see the logic behind the standup in UFC 3 take effect, there's just no way to go back to 2.

Is there any benefit to keeping the Beta file on my PS4? Does it allow the full game to download quicker when I purchase or no?

Yea, mainly for me, I already re-mapped my brain around the new standup controls. not going to erase that by picking up UFC 2 again.

Plus, when you see the logic behind the standup in UFC 3 take effect, there's just no way to go back to 2.

Is there any benefit to keeping the Beta file on my PS4? Does it allow the full game to download quicker when I purchase or no?

Not sure about the download file, have a feeling there may be one last beta thing before release so I'm keeping it till then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back