EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta disagree with you here. EA actually patched UFC 2 like 12 times. All the way until like August or September of 2017. Constantly correcting small issues, adding new wrinkles to balance out the game, even adding FREE DLC fighters throughout. Considering the size of the team compared to a game like FIFA or Madden, they do a pretty great job of staying engaged after launch and updating the game based on fan feedback.
Dang then I must've not paid attention lol. But I honestly thought ufc 2 wasn't all that bad to begin with.

Dang then I must've not paid attention lol. But I honestly thought ufc 2 wasn't all that bad to begin with.

Yea they added guys like Jimmie Rivera, Cyborg, Schvchenko, Samman

I thought it was good. Probably the best MMA game released up until UFC 3 comes out. Undisputed 3 was the only close comparison.

I think THQ Undisputed 3 did some things better(Clinch, Ground Sways, GnP, Damage System, Sim Stamina, Pride rules, online rematches)

But I thought EA UFC 2 had better graphics, organic cuts/bruises, better striking, hit detection, animations, Ground transitions had better logic and could be performed by each user at the same time allowing for dynamic positional changes.

Now we have UFC 3 coming out with clearly the best MMA striking, best damage system, best stamina system on top of the good things from UFC 2. Not close anymore for me.

Still glaring problems with Clinch & Submission system, but we're on our way.

Glad I have EA Access so I can play this shit for like 10 hours before deciding if I want to buy it or not.

If they can add in Gaethje, Darren Till on day1,

And shortly after add in Mike Perry, Lando Vannata, Santiago Ponzinibbio, & David Teymur. Then sheesh LW would be completely stacked.

As it is, even by adding Gaethje & Till, LW is a great Sherdog Tourney weight class.

Till, Perry and Ponzi are all welterweights

They need to add some fighters, but these models are looking good. Really good. Souza looks almost identical imo.

Roster is lame as fuck, they missed on pretty much every new exciting fighter and prospect since UFC 2 was launched. They put in plenty of people who are either unknown or ignored tho. No Platinum Mike Perry on launch is an unforgivable sin.

Till, Perry and Ponzi are all welterweights
Ahh you're right. I dont know why im thinking LW for those guys. But yes. I see Ponzinibbio is actually on the launch roster at WW. So that's good. Add Till at Day 1, and later Mike Perry

No Colby Covington yet, possible Day 1 DLC like Till & Gaethje but we'll see.

I feel like Kelvin Gastelum's striking is badly underrated. 88 overall but he starched Bisping, embarrassed Vitor, & was blasting Weidman...yet all 3 of them are higher rated in this category. I don't get it.

I feel like Kelvin Gastelum's striking is badly underrated. 88 overall but he starched Bisping, embarrassed Vitor, & was blasting Weidman...yet all 3 of them are higher rated in this category. I don't get it.
Seems way low to me, too.
Only explanation would be really bad kicks lowering his score.
Bisping is pretty inflated stat-wise (I’m a fan, but mostly because he’s fun and an overachiever).

88 actually isnt that bad

Why does MICHAEL BISPING have the highest health rating at mw? Right behind him is GSP who is also known for his iron chin.

88 actually isnt that bad
It's not bad in the grand scheme. But when compared to his peers in the division it doesn't make sense.

Like Primanator said, maybes it down due to poor kicks. And that would make sense.

Lack of kicks in his history and the power numbers might be high but technique numbers or something might be low.

Why does MICHAEL BISPING have the highest health rating at mw? Right behind him is GSP who is also known for his iron chin.
Outside of Vitor and Hendo has Bisping ever really been crushed? I know recently he gets rocked way more than he used to it seems but that's what happens when Hendo tries to kill you twice and Vitor does once.

i wish they would add newer fighters and stop putting in forest griffin and other older/ retired fighters. make those guys DLC and let's let some of the newer roster shine.

It's not bad in the grand scheme. But when compared to his peers in the division it doesn't make sense.

Like Primanator said, maybes it down due to poor kicks. And that would make sense.
Probably it, you will have to look at his stats for just hands i bet they are good. Kicks are probably shitty.

They'll add lots more fighters, but they'll likely be generic animations/fighting styles like most of the "fodder fighters" in 2.

It’s truly amazing how clueless these devs are and how they really don’t understand the product. McGregor and Burns have the same grappling rating

It’s truly amazing how clueless these devs are and how they really don’t understand the product. McGregor and Burns have the same grappling rating

I dont know about this game but when the first ea UFC came out I remember an interview where the devs talked about that the UFC decided the ratings and they had no input on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back