EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard there's going to be a PRIDE mode, is this true?

If so, I may purchase this one. I never played EA UFC 2, because I thought the first one was garbage.

THQ got it right with Undisputed 3, best UFC game to date.

I've not heard this yet but that would be amazing.. it was a lot of fun in Undisputed getting the Pride rule-set!

I agree with the previous post, especially where they should go away from the mini games and randomness and just let the player proceed with what they see. I have no clue how it can be done but it would make for a great natural fight and also multiplayer matchups would be more interesting.

I also wouldn't be mad if they stole ideas from the NBA 2k games for career mode and gm style modes, EA is just so bad with that type of stuff that it's embarrassing for a big company to be so shitty at such an important aspect of games.
They achieve that by providing more organic visual & audio queues as to whats happening under the hood.

A few examples - A tired fighter should be slower, hands hanging a bit, huffing and puffing, sweating noticeably, etc.. all of this can be used to varying degrees based on the under-the-hood stamina level of the fighter. No bar necessary, just look at the fighter. In addition, the commentary should be making it known that Fighter A looks gassed.

A hurt fighter should exhibit different queues. Depending on the amount and location of damage. A beat up body or leg should be red, swollen a bit, and movement should be impacted more and more depending on severity. I shouldn't need a transparent dummy in the corner with a red spot, just look at the fighter and listen to commentary.

Cuts & bruises should be organic, a rocked fighter should display varying reactions depending on severity. A small rock would maybe be a leg wobble & stumble, partnered with the commentary making it known that "he looks hurt after that strike". A more severe rocked state, should be a fighter getting dropped, along with a more emphatic response from commentary. You can arrange for many reactions to tell the severity of damage.

Submissions really just need to linked up with the rest of the grappling controls. Commentary should be immediately telling you that Fighter A is attempting an Arm Bar, and with the proper tutorials the steps to executing & defending a submission should be very thorough and allow for drilling on your own until you can recognize the steps of each sub.

The Instagram picture is down :(

@Yari
Yeah, was a short video. I'd re-upload but I suppose EA got her to take it down for a reason and I don't want to spread it again.
Hopefully the official information starts coming out in a few weeks, this wait is getting pretty boring.

Did the game changer mention if parries are still in?

If yes, I'll just play the free ten hour trial and get it for free later.

They did, but it is supposedly changed and they said they hardly used it anymore in their gaming sessions, they prefered head movement instead.

I heard there's going to be a PRIDE mode, is this true?

If so, I may purchase this one. I never played EA UFC 2, because I thought the first one was garbage.

THQ got it right with Undisputed 3, best UFC game to date.
If there is then it has not been announced yet. I hope it will be, but I really doubt it. There was that video of the Canada PM doing a mo-cap session that showed fighting inside a ring, but that's the closest we'd get to anything resembling fighting in a ring.

Considering the amount of work the presentation for PRIDE would take them, and they just had to do the commentary for the UFC itself all over again, I'd be very surprised if PRIDE still made it in. I obviously hope so though. It's much more fun.

GameplayDevUFC dropped some hints about the new controls that could suggest we'd be seeing a control scheme much like Fight Night games as far as face buttons go. Double face buttons for striking (PS4: Square+Cross, Triangle+Circle). Very interested to where this is going.

Edit: apparently this might free up the left analog stick for movement while striking.. I hope so anyway.

Last edited:
Was thinking of buying UFC 2 as it's so cheap. Could any of you please tell me if the career mode in it is any good.

EA UFC 1 career mode was a bit repetitive and I didn't like the fact that you couldn't use your fighter after you completed it, IIRC.

Some things I would like to see in the game would be...

1. A Story mode like Fight Night champions has.

2. A legends mode with the old UFC cage from the 90's and No Holds Barred Rules.

3. Pride Mode.

4. Venues from some of the promotions the UFC has bought out. Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, IFL, etc...

5. Focus more on having old school fighters in their Prime on the roster vs having a bunch of mid teir to lower tier guys that are currently with the UFC.

6. I know this is asking too much, but a K-1 rules mode with Big Gloves and analog stick striking would be sweet too.
Literally drooling at the thought of a K-1 mode

Why does this stupid ass UFC 3 is the greatest thing ever narrative keep getting repeated?
Because it was. It was literally the most authentic MMA game of all time. You actually got to pick a fight team!!

Was thinking of buying UFC 2 as it's so cheap. Could any of you please tell me if the career mode in it is any good.

EA UFC 1 career mode was a bit repetitive and I didn't like the fact that you couldn't use your fighter after you completed it, IIRC.
EA UFC 2? It is literally just the same career mode from the first game lmao. You finish it after around 40 fights iirc. I usually just play online, career mode on the EA UFC games isn't worth it.

I hope there is some sort of sub only mode or grappling competition mode. It would really help players like me (I usually just go for the knockout) get comfortable with grappling. But it would be difficult, grappling in these games needs to feel loose and non-robotic. Especially in the clinch.

I wouldn't buy it for the career mode. It's not that great. For that price I'm sure you'd get some fun out of it though.

EA UFC 2? It is literally just the same career mode from the first game lmao. You finish it after around 40 fights iirc. I usually just play online, career mode on the EA UFC games isn't worth it.
I wouldn't buy it for the career mode. It's not that great. For that price I'm sure you'd get some fun out of it though.

Thanks, I'll get injustice 2 or Tekken instead.

Only so much Fight Night Champion a man can play.

Never gonna be better than UFC Undisputed 3. Especially the career mode.

They literally just need to copy that game.

Also i could be wrong but EA can't even give you a detailed record of your fights other than like '10-0' or whatever. Not a record of who you've beaten. It's the little details that make it feel less authentic then what it really is.

The one thing that kept me coming back was the Event creator. I was able to play out a more satisfying career mode through there.
Yeah. Fight history needs to show method of victory. Ie. Rd.2 kimura

As posted earlier I've also heard they are taking a fight night approach on the stand up. There was alot of times in fight night I could win or make a comeback simply because I got the timing and movement down so this is pretty exciting if true.

As posted earlier I've also heard they are taking a fight night approach on the stand up. There was alot of times in fight night I could win or make a comeback simply because I got the timing and movement down so this is pretty exciting if true.
I agree and I hope so too. With their background in fighting games, anything less than Fight Night quality striking was underwhelming. The striking in the first 2 games was not good at all.

The stamina plays a big role in all of this too. I hope they do it right. No fighter should be able to constantly throw kicks and then in the third round still have the same amount of stamina as I do.

I think we'll start hearing stuff in November. That was the schedule for the EA UFC 2 title too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back