EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I hope so too. With their background in fighting games, anything less than Fight Night quality striking was underwhelming. The striking in the first 2 games was not good at all.

The stamina plays a big role in all of this too. I hope they do it right. No fighter should be able to constantly throw kicks and then in the third round still have the same amount of stamina as I do.

I think we'll start hearing stuff in November. That was the schedule for the EA UFC 2 title too.

I agree about that. I've been playing Fight Night online recently and the striking makes a lot more sense. The stamina needs to be more realistic in this game but also, I hope you can cut angles and shit.

You can do a few things to spice up the striking in UFC by using feints. I enjoy doing things like feinting a takedown into a flying knee, you really don't see if it often either - if ever. Feinting during combinations is good too. Straight punches are also the GOAT. Combo modifier is stupid though, its easy to win with straights and lead body/ head kicks. I hope its been completely overhauled though and it does sound somewhat like it has.

You too, my standup is still not great surprised I even hung with you that long. That was a blast though lol could barely even jab by the end
IIRC you kept throwing the same combo quite often, other than that you did great

Well through a clue from GameplayDevUFC on the forums, strike cancels are confirmed for the next game. That's very cool.

Was watching prelims and realized this next ufc game better have fighter voices after a win. It's so weird how silent the winner is even though he or she is clearly yelling.

[
Does anyone feel like the game might be revealed before the year ends ?
Should be next month, thinking somewhere in the range of 3~11 November. That's when they revealed the last 2 games.

[

Should be next month, thinking somewhere in the range of 3~11 November. That's when they revealed the last 2 games.

Yea that’s what I was thinking. Last time they made the reveal in November.

Hopefully they add leg kick stoppages and stoppages in general for damage done. I liked the fight night mini game in between rounds lol, would be cool if they added a strategy element in between rounds and if done right youd get a boost of some sort whether it be stamina or whatever.

Hopefully they add leg kick stoppages and stoppages in general for damage done. I liked the fight night mini game in between rounds lol, would be cool if they added a strategy element in between rounds and if done right youd get a boost of some sort whether it be stamina or whatever.
Leg stoppages are already in UFC 2

In EA UFC 2? I've never had a fight stopped for that.

Much like the last THQ UFC game.... it pretty much takes you doing nothing but leg kicks for 5 rounds straight to get it lol

Yeah they nerfed those extremely hard after it shown to be a huge nuisance in the beta. It would happen so often in the first round after a bunch of kicks, I am happy they became rare. Be careful what you wish for with shit like that.

Hopefully 3rd times the charm and you'll be able to do basic things like jab and punch standing still, on an angle and maybe even moving backwards!! The basic things any combat fighting game should have but this one STILL lacks after years of development. First two games were abysmal. They should honestly just give up on UFC games and go back to boxing. Their boxing games on old gen are better than any of this UFC shit they've managed to put out on the ps4/xbox1.

In EA UFC 2? I've never had a fight stopped for that.
yes I get them all of the time because ive maxed out one of my Ultimate Team fighters kick power. Youd most only likely get a leg KO with Edson Barboza though. but theyre definitely end the game, its pretty cool actually and satisfying to get one.

Never gonna be better than UFC Undisputed 3. Especially the career mode.

They literally just need to copy that game.
No thanks. I don't want a chunk of my wrestling stats taken away after doing one striking session.

Stat decay was fucking stupid.

If the PRIDE mode rumors are true, I hope they can implement it as it's own league rather than just a GP tournament in career mode.

No thanks. I don't want a chunk of my wrestling stats taken away after doing one striking session.

Stat decay was fucking stupid.

If the PRIDE mode rumors are true, I hope they can implement it as it's own league rather than just a GP tournament in career mode.
Sadly there arent any Pride rumors that hold any value at this point. And to be honest, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing any of that in the next game.

I was very disappointed with UFC 2. UFC 1 sucked in many ways, but it had some good things, and it was also a rushed game. I have played the crap out of both, but I enjoyed the undisputed games more.

Things I want added

:Smoother stance switches

:Slower kicks for the majority of fighters; especially lead kicks.

:Increased stamina loss for missing strikes.

:It's easy to throw over 100 punches a round. SShouldn't be that way.

Be able to push opponent into the cage with takedown.

:Running.

:Ability to close the distance with shorter fighters and explode into your shots. Romero doesn't feel like Romero in either of the games.

:Risk reward. If you throw a high kick and miss badly, I should be able to explode my fist into your face, and it should cause more damage because you are wide open. I should also have to worry about fighting a heavy handed fighter.

:Decreased ground and pound damage

:Make fighters feel like themselves. Undisputed did this well.

:Better stats

:Diego Sanchez is an orthodox fighter. It bugs me. He should be a southpaw.

:Overhaul of the AI. I was fighting Maia in single player yeterday. He just kept switching between side control and north south, no mount attempts. Then he randomly stands up. Strikers constantly shoot takedowns. AI never goes after you when you're hurt. So many other issues.

:More single player modes.

:Better career/fnc mode.

:Be able to start your own camp online and recruit friends. Be able to spar with them, being able to focus on certain situations. Have camp leaderboards. Be able to challenge other camps. EG: 5 members of your own camp take on 5 members of another camp, and it is streamed through the game for people to watch. I know this sounds like a pipedream but it would be awesome. MMA is an individual sport, and this would be a nice way to add a team feel to the game.

:Fight night joystick control scheme for punches.

:In career, be able to enter grapping tournaments

:pride mode would be awesome but it would take up a lot of time, and they need to master American MMA first.

:Be able to edit stats for offline play.

:More detailed traits. FN did this well. Fighters would have tendencies for each punch, and also for their style of fighting and they would react in certain ways when hurt.

:More flash knockdowns. They don't have to even be health events.

:You should be made to start out in a fictional promotion in career. Fight 3 times and you have opportunity to join TUF. Win 5-7 fights and be called up for a spot on the prelims. Become a champ and you have the option to join and fight on the main card.

:It should be easier to earn POTN bonus

:More in depth fight history

:Faster route to the title in career

:Be able to fight 50 times depending on damage taken.

:KO losses equal chin decrease.

:Being able to train at real life camps would be sweet

:Be able to have LHWs fight at HW. MWs fight at LHW. WWs fight at MW etc.

:Better movesets

:I hate the douchebags who do 1-2 spam. They will do it to the body too. I can beat it but it just annoys me because it looks ridiculous. It should gas you out faster if you keep throwing the same shots. You would get destroyed irl if you bent down and threw jab straight jab straight to the body.

:Be able to defend takedowns with knees

:More striking angles

:Be able to move back whilst moving your head

:Title mode

I'm sure I have missed something out. I'm asking for a lot, but I feel they have neglected so many things in the first 2 games.

I'm sure they have different people working on different modes. All the teams need to step up.

Sadly there arent any Pride rumors that hold any value at this point. And to be honest, I seriously doubt we'll be seeing any of that in the next game.
The biggest indicator of PRIDE mode using mo-cap with a ring. EA definitely wouldn't have this type of production for a simple training minigame (LINK: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ea-sports-ufc-3-mo-cap-leaked-video.3556325/).

Using other orgs besides the UFC is far overdue for EA's UFC games. Hell, I think having a WEC mode is simply a matter of reskinning the octagon and gloves.

I don't think there's much else left for EA to cover as far as career mode goes. If it goes the same "TUF > UFC > HOF" shit route the last two games have, there would be no real point in playing career mode. I believe all signs point towards there being a PRIDE mode, or some other orgs, at the very least. However, it is EA after all. We should only expect the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back