EA UFC 3, v1: All Old Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably will not be buying this game.

v0Eg5_s-200x150.gif

The roster is fucking trash BTW. Some absolutely baffling inclusions and omissions.

Why the fuck would Blades and Tybura not be in it?

At least they got Volkov and Ngannou

Why Coleman?? What the fuck?! That's the only heavyweight in that list I'd actually use. Mark is the man.
And whats worse, is they keep using this old man version of Coleman, yet his stats seem to be Prime-ish Colemen stats

quality post....

Last year atleast the game had CroCop/ BigFoot, Bas, Saku.... last I checked UFC owns Pride...I would have LOVED to have gotten Frye, Kerr, Vovchanchyn.....I am very disappoint at this roster...

Yep. Not having Cro Cop with the upgraded striking is terrible.

I read on the OperationSports forum that even the main gameplay Dev didnt find out about some of the HW roster cuts until very recently and he was just as disappointed to see it all hacked up.

EA clearly only caters to meathead button smashers

This is completely wrong if you played the demo lol, button mashing brawlers will get wrecked.

They didn't take those guys out because they are submission artists, they took them out because they aren't current UFC fighters. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it. I think we should get a bunch of legends and past fighters every installment, because why the hell not? We all know half the fighters end up being cookie cutter models and movesets, so at least give me Dan Severn to take through career mode or some shit.

The first UFC games I used to play had Elvis Sinosic, Carlos Newton, Mikey Burnett, Maurice Smith, etc etc bring them all back dammit.

What's wrong with Coleman? The roster is absolutely horrible but atleast guys like Coleman will somewhat fill it up where possible. I'm so very disappointed by the HW roster but the actual state of the HW roster did not really leave them much to play with either. And with guys like Mir/Crocop fighting in different organisations rather than being actually retired, they can not appear in these games anymore either. It sucks but that is how it goes.

What I dont get though is that they removed guys like Rutten and Sakurab again. It's just lame if they only appear once, and then in a version of the game with much worse gameplay. If thats how it goes then I rather not see them return at all.

I will get the game because I enjoyed the beta, but for what was my favorite division in the last game, the HW version is bad! And LHW isn't much better either!

Roster is ass, I'll be pissed if e.a tries to charge us fighters already on the roster from years ago

Do you even watch the sport? Barnett is suspended and most likely done. Gonzaga is done too. Mir is in Bellator. Roster looks par the course for the awful HW division. And while I’m disappointed with the initial launch roster, I figured EA would skimp on the roster. Last game they put everyone in but casual scrubs and hardcores alike still flicked towards the top tier. Im more upset over this goofy ratings. UFC brass needs to seriously stop interfering with this game. I know they are big on Francis but he should not be ranked ahead of Stipe

Do you even watch the sport? Barnett is suspended and most likely done. Gonzaga is done too. Mir is in Bellator. Roster looks par the course for the awful HW division. And while I’m disappointed with the initial launch roster, I figured EA would skimp on the roster. Last game they put everyone in but casual scrubs and hardcores alike still flicked towards the top tier. Im more upset over this goofy ratings. UFC brass needs to seriously stop interfering with this game. I know they are big on Francis but he should not be ranked ahead of Stipe

Do I watch the sport? Yeah Coleman and Nogueira are top 10!!! And Todd Duffee is a contender...and Bruce Lee as well...There are several fighters in the game that are no longer in the UFC ...so there isn't any justification for Mir NOT being in the game...be that as it may fine no Mir, I would accept Randleman or any legend other than Old man Coleman....(Todd Duffee??? I'm surprised Pat Barry isn't in the game)....This game may be salvageable if a legends pack is made available.....(I won't even rant on the fact that Jon Jones is in the game)

Last edited:
It's not the end of the world for me, I'll still be buying. Just remember, there's a chance they can patch in more fighters in the future like they did in previous instalments.

How are you not stoked about Oleinik? Ya we know Barnett is your boy but Oleinik just choked some mother fucker out when he was mounted

How are you not stoked about Oleinik? Ya we know Barnett is your boy but Oleinik just choked some mother fucker out when he was mounted

True.

I guess I was expecting more....part 2 had a legitimate HW division where as we were able to put together a 24 man tournament....I'm an MMA video game junkie....I may buy this (but am definitely holding on to my receipt)

Definitelty a weak HW, and pretty weak LHW. But at the same time, those just weak divisions right now. I wish they still had Mir & Barnett. I guess the only fighter that has survived the move to Bellator was Rampage. Beyond Rampage, I don't think anyone that signed with Bellator stayed in the game.

As for Barnett, he has some really weird battle with the UFC/USADA that I think the UFC axed him from appearing.

I would like to see Blades, Gohkan Saki, Tybura, added to the heavier classes.

This is where they could do really well with legends if they add as Free DLC

HW - Couture, Lesnar, Tim Silvia, Pedro Rizzo, Tank Abbott
Couture won't ever be in a UFC game unless internally they changed their stance on him showing up in the original EA MMA.

Yeah, looks like Oleinik got better ground stats in EA UFC 3 - in EA UFC 2 he was understatted, IMO

True.

I guess I was expecting more....part 2 had a legitimate HW division where as we were able to put together a 24 man tournament....I'm an MMA video game junkie....I may buy this (but am definitely holding on to my receipt)

Too bad the second game was the most shitty the series has and probably will ever see

I felt the jump from 1-2 was greater than the jump from 2-3.....

Lol. Stand up is wayyyy better this time around, and they kept your shitty ground game in tact. Only difference is you actually have to try to land a takedown unlike and work for it unlike UFC 2, where the grappler was HEAVILY favored.

Do I watch the sport? Yeah Coleman and Nogueira are top 10!!! And Todd Duffee is a contender...and Bruce Lee as well...There are several fighters in the game that are no longer in the UFC ...so there isn't any justification for Mir NOT being in the game...be that as it may fine no Mir, I would accept Randleman or any legend other than Old man Coleman....(Todd Duffee??? I'm surprised Pat Barry isn't in the game)....This game may be salvageable if a legends pack is made available.....(I won't even rant on the fact that Jon Jones is in the game)

Are you purposeless being dense or are your really this slow?

Lol. Stand up is wayyyy better this time around, and they kept your shitty ground game in tact. Only difference is you actually have to try to land a takedown unlike and work for it unlike UFC 2, where the grappler was HEAVILY favored.
Are you purposeless being dense or are your really this slow?

What is your point? Out of all the responses you are the only one being an AsShole so I don't know what kind of reply you expect from me.....if you fucked off life would be perfectly fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back