EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Played a dude this morning, I was RDA he was Khabib.

I had both his legs and his head basically so low they were permanently rocked, and his body pretty heavily damaged too and he KOd me with 1 lucky uppercut. I wasn't even gassed, or throwing some risky technique leaving myself exposed it just came out of nowhere

I'm not even mad, I want more 1 shot KOs but it seems like I never get them lol and this was probably one of the most 1 sided fights ive ever seen in the game. Lucky bastard

I swear the lower I get their health bars the more likely they are going to knock me out.

I swear the lower I get their health bars the more likely they are going to knock me out.

That's what it felt like. He hadn't rocked me a single time all fight, was just ducking and uppercutting the air and missing headkicks while I chopped away at his legs picked him apart with ease

Fought MMAGAME tonight. Pretty disappointing. He spammed and cheesed me the entire fight. Dude threw 155 strikes in the 1st round alone. Spammed the body knee cheese.

Crazy. He was live streaming it, its on YouTube. Haha. He's even declaring his moves as cheese and still spamming it shamelessly.

OK I just watched - he wasn't spamming all that much honestly you just stood toe to toe with Gaethje who is much better suited for that than RDA- you should have been kneeing his body to keep him away. You did try to stay outside once you got hurt but I guess the damage was done at that point

Watch that first fight in his same stream where he fought you - yes it's cheesy but against a guy who wants to fight in a phone booth like he does it's very effective. They either give you space or they pay for it.

Side note - the guy who wrecked MMA game in that first fight also fought Martial Mind in his most recent video, also Overeem vs Francis. You can see the skill difference there lol he tried the same tactic vs martial mind and was destroyed. So check that out, basically the answer to knee spammers is stand your ground and time some hooks. When I played MMA game it looked a lot like that first fight TBH. He was Ngannou and I was Werdum - Werdum can NOT trade punches with him obviously and he would not give me space so I just kept going to the knee and he never adapted or backed off. You should have done the same thing, it might feel cheesy but if someone forces an inside fight you don't want then you don't have many options right now since footwork is not that effective and blocking doesn't slow your movement speed at all so they can just use block armor to walk you down.

The knee can be tough to deal with though, it's too fast to block on reaction - wouldn't be surprised if they make it catchable like body kicks or something.

I kinda wish throwing strikes while moving backwards was easier to land. It's next to impossible right now - works well side to side and all but you can't really counter moving back since your strikes fall short. it seems like that might be an answer to guys just staying nose to nose all fight.

I fought a guy last night who tore me up with that knee. He would just walk me down with his block up and knee everytime he got close. I couldnt come up with a strategy to stop it, it was too effective and I couldnt get space

I fought a guy last night who tore me up with that knee. He would just walk me down with his block up and knee everytime he got close. I couldnt come up with a strategy to stop it, it was too effective and I couldnt get space

The first fight here is what I meant for how he dealt with it - BUT that is also the hardest hitter in the game vs a weak chin lol so maybe it's not doable with everyone. Thankfully I haven't fought against this strat and I am usually the one using body knees (though I use them defensively mostly I don't go forward looking for them I just throw them when my opponent presses)

The first fight here is what I meant for how he dealt with it - BUT that is also the hardest hitter in the game vs a weak chin lol so maybe it's not doable with everyone. Thankfully I haven't fought against this strat and I am usually the one using body knees (though I use them defensively mostly I don't go forward looking for them I just throw them when my opponent presses)

I need to use that hook uppercut combo more. I am noticing that combo shredding people who sway and duck.

OK I just watched - he wasn't spamming all that much honestly you just stood toe to toe with Gaethje who is much better suited for that than RDA- you should have been kneeing his body to keep him away. You did try to stay outside once you got hurt but I guess the damage was done at that point

Watch that first fight in his same stream where he fought you - yes it's cheesy but against a guy who wants to fight in a phone booth like he does it's very effective. They either give you space or they pay for it.

Yea, he blitzed me right out the gate, but once I started to hurt him back, he resorted to the cheese knee. But I was just dumbfounded at how insane his output was without really gassing. 155 strikes in the 1st round is essentially a non-stop barrage to deal with.

What's bad about it, is backing away from the knee is ineffective. It's somehow a strike that works to close the distance, which is just nonsense. I'd back up and get kneed, hit reaction keeps me still and I can't get clear.

I agree about using the knee, but damn if there is one thing I hate doing, its engaging in fights decided on who can use cheese more effectively. It's basically why I stopped playing ranked as I climbed in UFC 2, eventually its all you get and the fights no longer resemble MMA

I really didnt fight him well at all anyway. But most of the videos Ive seen of him, he tends to fight pretty realistically, at least thats how I saw it. So when came going batshit crazy I was just surprised. Once I started to hang a bit, he went full Knee/Elbow spam and thats a wrap.

I don't know, I went back and watched the fight again. While I fought TERRIBLY in that 1st round. No excuse there. He started using the Knee cheese on me just after the 1st minute of the fight. Even proclaiming it cheese. The proceeded to throw it 9 times in the 1st round, and another 9 times in the 2nd. If that isnt spamming cheese, than how many times is one supposed to throw that nonsense until it qualifies as spamming?

Many of the knees are directly allowing him to land follow up combos that otherwise he wouldnt have been able to get off like that. I'm not saying I would have beat him otherwise, he definitely outboxed me aside from that.

Gameplay Changes
  • hooks, elbows, superman punches and overhands will now interrupt clinch attempts
  • added damage bleed through on a blocked overhand
  • increased health regen cooldown on landed overhand
  • tuned damage bleed through on block for various kicks
From the tuning update today. Pretty cool that they can make these small tweaks quickly with very small updates. The patches with major changes take longer but should be out soon

Played a dude this morning, I was RDA he was Khabib.

I had both his legs and his head basically so low they were permanently rocked, and his body pretty heavily damaged too and he KOd me with 1 lucky uppercut. I wasn't even gassed, or throwing some risky technique leaving myself exposed it just came out of nowhere

I'm not even mad, I want more 1 shot KOs but it seems like I never get them lol and this was probably one of the most 1 sided fights ive ever seen in the game. Lucky bastard

Had something like that happen to me the other night except I was Arlovski fighting a derrick Lewis let my guard down cuz he was so easy to hit he winged a big overhand and cold clocked me I won the first round 10-8 I couldnt help but laugh tho cuz they got Arlovski glass jaw right down.

Wish the power punchers were super slow with real 1 hit KO power tho. Like with Hendo it should be nearly impossible to hit someone with that overhand but wen u do they should be lights out or close to it. Too many volume punching heavy hitters in this game, it's rare you get a guy who hits as fast and as hard as Rumble or prime Vitor.

Had something like that happen to me the other night except I was Arlovski fighting a derrick Lewis let my guard down cuz he was so easy to hit he winged a big overhand and cold clocked me I won the first round 10-8 I couldnt help but laugh tho cuz they got Arlovski glass jaw right down.

Wish the power punchers were super slow with real 1 hit KO power tho. Like with Hendo it should be nearly impossible to hit someone with that overhand but wen u do they should be lights out or close to it. Too many volume punching heavy hitters in this game, it's rare you get a guy who hits as fast and as hard as Rumble or prime Vitor.

Agreed. The same 3 punch combo will rock you with Ngannou or Werdum ultimately. Yes his power stat is higher and I'm sure his landed punches do more long term damage but it still doesn't feel very threatening facing a heavy hitter. You can take 10 head kicks in a round and be fine as long as they aren't too close together - if both guys are skilled then speed is going to beat power a large majority of the time

I was wondering why HW looked so gutted then it hit me.. no Nelson, Barnett, Cro Cop, Gonzaga, Mir.. Those are all fighters that added major depth to the roster. Also don't see why if they can give us Rampage we can't get those guys. No Rory Macdonald.. this game probably has the shittiest roster of any of the UFC games.

I would trade every wmma division in this game and FLW for Cro Cop, Mir and Macdonald. Macdonald and Cro Cop would be especially fun to use with the new striking system.

you can tell EA got lazy when they did the characters because they hardly added any new ones, took a bunch out and just recycled old models from old games instead of putting in the work to give us guys like Mike Perry.

It shreds people period.

How often do you see uppercuts in MMA end a fight? Yet in the game, its without question the most powerful punch.

Just one of the many ridiculous flaws.

We just saw Yoel kill Rockhold and Hassan kill Homasi the past couple weeks with uppercuts lol

Yoel dropped rockhold with a 1-1-2 off rhythm and then when Rockhold was dropped to the mat landed the uppercut......

Ngannou killed Reem with an uppercut.. Volkov got Struve with the uppercut.. also volkov almost got finished by uppercut from Tim Johnson. JDS, Robbie lawler uppercuts..

I take it you didn't see Homasi vs Al Hassan? Haha

Yoel dropped rockhold with a 1-1-2 off rhythm and then when Rockhold was dropped to the mat landed the uppercut......
Gustaffson destroyed Glover with his uppercuts recently as well.

Of course Jeremy Stephens vs RDA.

Its definitely an effective strike, underutilized in MMA overall but when its used properly its a beast.

Problem with the uppercut is it's strong for everyone instead of being individualized. Now that I think about it lots of guys have KO's with the uppercut. It shouldnt be powerful for everyone tho, like Machida uppercut shouldn't be even half as powerful as Rumbles.

the Boxing in this game is very very good. I wouldn't mind a boxing tourney either. It's viable and deep enough with this game to do it.

I've had some great boxing duels so far.

Problem with the uppercut is it's strong for everyone instead of being individualized. Now that I think about it lots of guys have KO's with the uppercut. It shouldnt be powerful for everyone tho, like Machida uppercut shouldn't be even half as powerful as Rumbles.
They also need more animations for the uppercut. They all seem the same if I'm not mistaken.

Gustaffson's uppercut is very rangey, quick and not exactly a power shot. Then of course you have Ngannou throwing it from the hip. Frankie throws it traditionally. etc.etc..

Back