EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I got about 28 subs(would have more of people didn’t rage quit) what are you having trouble with?

i thought they'd fix that for this game.

hated it when pussies would rage quit after getting subbed and instead of getting Sub you'd get a TKO on your record.

players dropping right after completed submission or during submission should be automatically credited as a submission win.

I got about 28 subs(would have more of people didn’t rage quit) what are you having trouble with?

How much do stats play into it? I struggle with the subs but I also use strikers and avoid the ground like the plague. I only have 4 subs and they were all freebies against people who gassed and didnt seem to undertsand the system well. In past games I have always been able to master the sub system. My strategy has always been to strike until I get taken down and then sub them. But this year it is strike until I get taken down and then wait out the rest of the round in guard and half guard.

How much do stats play into it? I struggle with the subs but I also use strikers and avoid the ground like the plague. I only have 4 subs and they were all freebies against people who gassed and didnt seem to undertsand the system well. In past games I have always been able to master the sub system. My strategy has always been to strike until I get taken down and then sub them. But this year it is strike until I get taken down and then wait out the rest of the round in guard and half guard.

I use everyone kind of. Strikers, grapplers, etc. Most people don’t know how to grapple/transition on the bottom(or top for that matter) I just let dudes go crazy on the feet. Usually they whiff an overhand/head kick and I shoot. Usually on the bottom the transition and I block/land strikes until their stamina is gone. Then I lock a sub on

Has there been any word on changes from the devs? I feel they rushed this shit out and are being extremely silent because they know his game is in a bad state. Game is dying fast. Scrubs left and right abusing broken mechanics.( knee/high block spam, leg kick catch glitch, the insane speed of strikes off swaying randomly, double uppercut of doom spam, broken TD, etc) Game is a mess

i thought they'd fix that for this game.

hated it when pussies would rage quit after getting subbed and instead of getting Sub you'd get a TKO on your record.

players dropping right after completed submission or during submission should be automatically credited as a submission win.

The worst is when you are in the final gate and you see they are defending. You know they are in the pause menu racing to exit. Then you get some message later saying something idiotic like go buy a WWF game. It’s amazing how shitty and stupid this community is

Has there been any word on changes from the devs? I feel they rushed this shit out and are being extremely silent because they know his game is in a bad state. Game is dying fast. Scrubs left and right abusing broken mechanics.( knee/high block spam, leg kick catch glitch, the insane speed of strikes off swaying randomly, double uppercut of doom spam, broken TD, etc) Game is a mess

Ive played several people who just spam the hell out of the duck head movement/uppercut combo the entire fight. I will light them up while paying attention to my stamina but the sway uppercut is so O.P when it lands I will get ko'd if they land 2 or 3 times.

Some guy sent me an abusive message because I had the audacity to finish him while he was hurt. Wtf? Lmao

They definitely haven't been silent, check out the operation sports forum. A couple devs are active on there..a patch is coming soon though they can't give details yet.

Some things they have acknowledged as issues needing to be patched are the ducking double leg glitch, stationary head movement making you invulnerable to everything, the free head kick aftet you're rocked from a kick catch, and a few others

Here is a recent quote from the developer

It's weird, for the average player who isn't completely in tune with the meta, I don't think the game is going to change that much (outside of the flashy visual stuff).

For people who play competitively, and in particular people who rely on exploits and cheese to win, the earth is going to shift beneath their feet.

I unchecked MW, WW, and LHW to avoid GSP and LHW Cormier and my winning percentage has gone up by a TON.

I unchecked MW, WW, and LHW to avoid GSP and LHW Cormier and my winning percentage has gone up by a TON.
Fighting Cormier is egregious. Anytime you rock him, or even Jones, they take you down and just beat you up. It is really difficult to stop. I unchecked LW too, but I am thinking of playing at LW again - it is fun doing what Cormier did to me, but as Khabib.

Fighting Cormier is egregious. Anytime you rock him, or even Jones, they take you down and just beat you up. It is really difficult to stop. I unchecked LW too, but I am thinking of playing at LW again - it is fun doing what Cormier did to me, but as Khabib.
That's my main frustration, they take you down after you rock them and they have more stamina so you are pretty much done.

Khabib is crazy but guys like Ferguson and diaz can give him fits off their backs and are better standing... And with Alvarez I can usually compete in the wrestling and outbox them

At welterweight nobody can stop gsp and at lhw nobody is good off the back so if you don't keep dc away you're screwed

Dont get taken down then lol. And if you do, just be patient and dont let them transition. They cant really do alot of damage on the ground unless they posture up anyway. Most guys than lay and pray suck in the stand up so just throw the kitchen sink at them and try to ko them.

i think players who aren't comfortable on the ground - when they get taken down - they try desperately to get back up that they try to be first to transition. you're supposed to stay in guard or half guard patiently and wait for your opponent to make the first move, block their transition which then gives you an opportunity for a successful transition yourself.

One of these devs have a homosexual man crush on GSP I swear

i'm still playing the second one and today i realized just how poorly balanced this game is.

for example. if you're playing as overeem his clinch, wrestling, stamina and chin health are so ridiculously low that it is very near impossible to overcome such huge deficits if you're facing an opponent who is on equal or better skill level than yourself (as they will either be playing as cain or werdum).

it ends up being that there are only a handful of fighters that are ever picked in ranked mode. i know in real life overeem has a bad chin, but this is a video game - why the unnecessary "realism". it really discourages picking anyone other than the top 2 or 3 fighters and kills the creativity of fun matchups.

i'm still playing the second one and today i realized just how poorly balanced this game is.

for example. if you're playing as overeem his clinch, wrestling, stamina and chin health are so ridiculously low that it is very near impossible to overcome such huge deficits if you're facing an opponent who is on equal or better skill level than yourself (as they will either be playing as cain or werdum).

it ends up being that there are only a handful of fighters that are ever picked in ranked mode. i know in real life overeem has a bad chin, but this is a video game - why the unnecessary "realism". it really discourages picking anyone other than the top 2 or 3 fighters and kills the creativity of fun matchups.

Overeem is a beast in this game. If you are playing as him you should be at range with the kicks. Not in the pocket with someone like Cain who has the stamina and fluidity perk and can rip combos for days. IDK what you are complaining about. Just like someone like Matt Brown should have a weak body. Otherwise what’s the point of stats? Game is already rock and sock em with no thought process. No need to make it more arcadey

Back