EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

At what point can you go up a division online? What does your rating have to be?

Also, can anyone tell me what the purpose is for using specific fighters that have a countdown clock attached on the ranked menu? Do you get more points using them after a win or something?

I think you get a couple extra points.

As for the divisions, Im honestly not sure but i've been in the same one since launch bouncing between 1350 and 1450 so maybe I need to get above 1500, not sure

I think you get a couple extra points.

As for the divisions, Im honestly not sure but i've been in the same one since launch bouncing between 1350 and 1450 so maybe I need to get above 1500, not sure

I hit 1500 the other night and have been as low as 1200 and am still division 4. I am not sure how that works.

How is Dana White's character? Does he have good stats?

He is the best boxer at LHW. I wish I were joking lol

Is he? I have honestly found Gastelum and Vitor to be the 2 best guys for throwing hands myself personally. Especially Gastelum, he doesn't have the highest stats but if you play like he fights he's a fucking beast.

Idk why black beast has 94 switch stance, but Masvidal is like in the low 80s. Makes 0 sense whatsoever. Lol.

I hate playing ranked because it seems like I get matched up with the same 3 people over and over again. I don't think the game matches you up with anyone much higher or lower than your skill level which is kinda lame aND you end up fighting the same people over and over. It seems like you fight people within like 10 points of your skill level instead of 50 or so. Then you get good players fighting eachother over and over because they're stuck so close to eachother in ranking.

Is he? I have honestly found Gastelum and Vitor to be the 2 best guys for throwing hands myself personally. Especially Gastelum, he doesn't have the highest stats but if you play like he fights he's a fucking beast.

Idk why black beast has 94 switch stance, but Masvidal is like in the low 80s. Makes 0 sense whatsoever. Lol.

Gastelum is a Ww and Mw, Dana is at lhw and yes his hands are crazy lol and there aren't many good boxers in the division. I love using saki though

I hate playing ranked because it seems like I get matched up with the same 3 people over and over again. I don't think the game matches you up with anyone much higher or lower than your skill level which is kinda lame aND you end up fighting the same people over and over. It seems like you fight people within like 10 points of your skill level instead of 50 or so. Then you get good players fighting eachother over and over because they're stuck so close to eachother in ranking.

Yep the devs have been very responsive on the forum but thats one thing literally everybody wants... Open matchmaking and I haven't seen them acknowledge it yet.

I play the same guys a lot too, and at higher levels some guys can barely find matches. The player base isn't nearly big enough to have such narrow criteria, it needs to be wide open IMO.

They better put Warmaster at HW now after his historic beatdown on USADA

Yep the devs have been very responsive on the forum but thats one thing literally everybody wants... Open matchmaking and I haven't seen them acknowledge it yet.

I play the same guys a lot too, and at higher levels some guys can barely find matches. The player base isn't nearly big enough to have such narrow criteria, it needs to be wide open IMO.

Yea matchmaking in the first game was really good imo just the ranking system was complete shit. All you had to do was play a bunch to get ranked in the top 100, you didnt even neccesarily have to be a good player. EA UFC 3 has a terrible matchmaking system and it's why I'm not playing ranked right now.

I don't feel you get much better or learn anything fighting the same 3 guys over and over, you just learn their tactics and style. Imo it actually drops your skill level because you're just doing the same shit to beat the guys and forget to mix it up when you fight different peple. For me that's how it seems anyway, I hit a wall if I face the same style/opponent too much and then I don't improve overall at the game if that makes sense.

They tend to not acknowledge things until its actually implented, because the moment you agree with people, they will start to expect it in the game. Only when the developer talk about their own areas in the game, they'd be a little more talkative as to what we could possibly expect.

Anyway I saw a dev post that the next patch is coming soon, that usually means within 2 weeks. Could even be less IMO.

Anyone notice since the patch you literally can't pull off single or double leg takedowns? The only way to take people down is to trip them from the clinch.

Anyone notice since the patch you literally can't pull off single or double leg takedowns? The only way to take people down is to trip them from the clinch.

TDs are almost impossible unless you time it RIGHT after a kick, or get the clinch.

However, before the patch they were glitched and you could just duck and get an automatic double leg from halfway across the cage lol. They need to find a middle ground badly.

They also need to make over/under and double underhooks possible to get and slow down the single collar a little bit. I literally don't think i've ever successfully grabbed a body lock, even if the meter fills up they still shrug me off.

So....it's only took me like just under 2 freaking months to finally work out how to enjoy career mode.

A big thing for me from the last game was the submission animations. This whole 5 stage system looked terrible but in this addition, if you gain the 3 stage submissions, the heelhook/rnc/guillotines actually look so much better and look prettier.
I basically made a submission guy and fight like Maia, it's surprisingly been pretty fun despite how badly I hated the last game's ground system.

I still hate online though. Career mode is pretty good despite I have to hype up the fights, if I don't I get kicked out of the ufc and told 'we should never have signed you'.

-Add stamina tax when using head movement #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

-Added body knee catch animations #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

-Increase grapple advantage when you evade a strike. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

-Tune counter strike damage bonus per strike type. Jabs will now be safer to throw and having a head kick ducked will no longer be a fight ending mistake every time. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

-Remove the ability to block and lunge at the same time and fix bug where you could occasionally slip and block at the same time. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

first spoilers

Yes, the duck head kick spam insta knockout was getting annoying. People would just stay at range and hold auto block.
Body kick catch needs to be a little harder also. Trying to mix them in was sometime useless.

I would hit 30+body kicks and it would be a waste of time. 2 caught kicks and instant knockout.,

This shit is so dead. When is EAs deal up?

Good question. They need to let someone who cares about MMA buy it. EA is wasting our time and theirs with this half assed game that has no user base.

What THQ and EA MMA got right was that both games were fun out of the box. Then they had layers of complexity you picked up over time. EA UFC is all complexity with their 4 buttons at the same time strikes and ground game based off memorizing 100 animations. The casuals make online fun and make it so we dont play the same 5 people everyday. They need a game fun enough that people actually want to play it

Back