EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Big changes being teased for the next patch, supposedly bigger than all the previous patches combined. There is a 2400 word write-up detailing the next patch and its changes. Not sure when it comes out.

How do you deal with guys that are always in your face? Throwing combos of 4, with hooks and uppercuts. It seems near impossible.

How do you deal with guys that are always in your face? Throwing combos of 4, with hooks and uppercuts. It seems near impossible.
people in here seem to favor the back lunge to counter that. It seems to work pretty well...I like to try to make them miss and hit the body, they'll start getting tired

How do you deny the single-collar tie to double-collar tie?

people in here seem to favor the back lunge to counter that. It seems to work pretty well...I like to try to make them miss and hit the body, they'll start getting tired
I do this, but sometimes it is difficult to circle away without getting rocked. It is so stupid.

Is there anything more annoying than a time when you want to disengage grappling by pressing L1 + up (right analogue) and your opponent seems to be lagging or something, so the game gets their signal and it cancels your disengagement. Example, I had back control and was already pressing L1 + up, because I knew what would happen. But no, the opponent got priority over my control.

How do you deny the single-collar tie to double-collar tie?

Deny and away from your opponent. You have to predict it way early though. I always deny it immediately the first time they clinch. If it works they start delaying it and I just break before they get it. If it doesn't work you know they delay already and you have time to break before they get it in the future. I suck at denying the clinch so i have just learned to escape it. If you just break immediately it works most the time. If they block the break go for the muay thai clinch yourself.

Back lunge, block, body shots and patience.

I focus on making a three round fight.

First round I mostly evade and land 1-2 head-body combos. Mix up head first or body first and a few head hooks or uppercuts to keep them from blocking the body too much. A lot of back lunges and blocking.

Second round I start mixing in more heavy shots. I continue to evade but start using uppercut-hook and mix a little stationary head movement in with the lunges. I still put a lot of focus on the body and making them miss but I am in the pocket more picking shots.

Third round they should have a third or less of stamina and if you have been patient you are near full. This is when I engage. I start throwing body hook combos. Big hook and uppercut combos. I stop lunging and just block the one combo they can throw before they gas and attack after.

Make sure you use the advanced lunge. Jabs and leg kicks are good for getting space. Use your movement to stay as far away as possible, circle them and slowly pull away as you circle. It is hard to judge the distance as you circle, and the strike tracking struggles with it so it will cause some whiffs if you rotate around them. Remember you have 3-5 rounds, and they only have 2, you just need to survive.

Man thanks for the advice buddy! @Brandon Taylor

Just fought some prick who was the exact same way in what above poster said.

Nngannou came out with non stop hook combos,back up repeat until finally he ko'd me from just standing there doing nothing but blocking.lol

I dropped him a few times and he was gassing but those hooks were too much to handle in the end.

Back lunge, block, body shots and patience.

I focus on making a three round fight.

First round I mostly evade and land 1-2 head-body combos. Mix up head first or body first and a few head hooks or uppercuts to keep them from blocking the body too much. A lot of back lunges and blocking.

Second round I start mixing in more heavy shots. I continue to evade but start using uppercut-hook and mix a little stationary head movement in with the lunges. I still put a lot of focus on the body and making them miss but I am in the pocket more picking shots.

Third round they should have a third or less of stamina and if you have been patient you are near full. This is when I engage. I start throwing body hook combos. Big hook and uppercut combos. I stop lunging and just block the one combo they can throw before they gas and attack after.

Make sure you use the advanced lunge. Jabs and leg kicks are good for getting space. Use your movement to stay as far away as possible, circle them and slowly pull away as you circle. It is hard to judge the distance as you circle, and the strike tracking struggles with it so it will cause some whiffs if you rotate around them. Remember you have 3-5 rounds, and they only have 2, you just need to survive.
I have managed to have success with this a few times, but some guys like McGregor rock you mostly each time they touch you. But most McGregor players are not good and gas their-selves out quickly, lol.

I think I am a little more active in the First round though, I always try the body hook combos in every round, coupled with some body kicks (but sometimes, I get careless). The jab+body straight combo works amazing for me, though. Holloway, JDS, Gustafsson, GSP, and most all decent-good boxers do this perfectly. It is a great way to wear on your opponent's while not putting yourself in danger.

Moreover, without looking at your comment last night, I decided to attempt to deny this clinching transition by moving towards them and L2+right stick towards them. I always thought it would be up, and paid for it many times. But damn, I wish they would patch this. Any strike that cleanly lands to the head will automatically rock you.

Nngannou came out with non stop hook combos,back up repeat until finally he ko'd me from just standing there doing nothing but blocking.lol

I dropped him a few times and he was gassing but those hooks were too much to handle in the end.
If you are someone who can kick, press L1+L2+Triangle+O (I don't know what it is on xbox). It is a teep kick that sends your opponents back. This works really well against Ngannou for some reason. I am like 9-1 against Ngannou players and even made one guy quit out because I wouldn't play his game. I circled and jab+cross/jab+body straight/teep kick/hooks. It was really too easy.

I have managed to have success with this a few times, but some guys like McGregor rock you mostly each time they touch you. But most McGregor players are not good and gas their-selves out quickly, lol.

I think I am a little more active in the First round though, I always try the body hook combos in every round, coupled with some body kicks (but sometimes, I get careless). The jab+body straight combo works amazing for me, though. Holloway, JDS, Gustafsson, GSP, and most all decent-good boxers do this perfectly. It is a great way to wear on your opponent's while not putting yourself in danger.

Moreover, without looking at your comment last night, I decided to attempt to deny this clinching transition by moving towards them and L2+right stick towards them. I always thought it would be up, and paid for it many times. But damn, I wish they would patch this. Any strike that cleanly lands to the head will automatically rock you.

Yeah it is a tough strategy to execute. All it takes is one or two mistakes to get knocked out trying. I have also gotten pretty good at timing the counter when they sway or duck. So I get a bit more space because I am evading and rocking them if they use head movement.

If he throws hooks without many uppercuts throw in the occasional ducking uppercut.

Been using Overeem alot im now at 10-29 and next W will be a title shot.

4 straight then fight for the belt right? Or im i dealing with Uncle Dana here? Lol

I love the feeling of beating someone you usually lose to. Got matched with a guy I'm like 0-4 against, I vaguely remember him just beating my ass standing and on the ground. This time either he was drunk or I was on my game lol I beat him up all 3 rounds, just felt a step ahead

I love the feeling of beating someone you usually lose to. Got matched with a guy I'm like 0-4 against, I vaguely remember him just beating my ass standing and on the ground. This time either he was drunk or I was on my game lol I beat him up all 3 rounds, just felt a step ahead

Im still waiting to rematch someone in ranked lol

Shouldnt be much longer since i am sticking with Overeem at HW until i can improve my record some.

Whats a good fluid way to end a combo with an elbow? Seems to me its only used as a single strike,or i dont use enough of them to notice.

Ive always tried the lead jab,elbow combo but it doesnt seem to work out as i plan.

Im still waiting to rematch someone in ranked lol

Shouldnt be much longer since i am sticking with Overeem at HW until i can improve my record some.

Whats a good fluid way to end a combo with an elbow? Seems to me its only used as a single strike,or i dont use enough of them to notice.

Ive always tried the lead jab,elbow combo but it doesnt seem to work out as i plan.

Elbows are such short range, and people always block their head so IMO they aren't very useful. I only use them if my opponent wants to fight in a phone booth and I've been landing a lot of body knees so they start catching those, then you know the Elbows will be open. Not great for combos though because you have to be standing nose to nose to land lol

It is annoying at FLYw. You go against Johnson all the time, then somebody picks somebody different when you pick Johnson, lol. You almost feel like you're under-matched.

Back