EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

It is annoying at FLYw. You go against Johnson all the time, then somebody picks somebody different when you pick Johnson, lol. You almost feel like you're under-matched.
Yeah I uncheck that box. I guess it's realistic that nobody can compete with him but it's not even remotely fun to play that division.

I think I'm finally learning how to beat the spammers, I beat a Jones via ko using CB Dollaway lol, apparently I'm a cheater because I can counter.

I don't understand why McGregor users are mostly very bad. Some guys are smart and the choose to box, but you just need to wait and counter in a round for McGregor's gas tank to almost drop down to the half-way point.

mcGregor is a fun fighter to use, but so many people are just... stupid, lol. If you can effectively body-shot counter, McGregor is really easy to beat.

I managed to get a finish the fight rear naked choke on sunday. Dropped the dude with a kick, stood above him and saw the choke was there. Looked a bit robotic but was still cool.
Anyone seen if you can get a guillotine when the opponent is dropped? I know you can grab a flying guillotine if they're rocked but the AI seems to shrug it off half the time.
Ufc undisputed 3 animations looked better when you could lock up a sub on a half dead opponent.

I finally made my mind and got the game. Obviously I suck not having played 1 and 2...
Anyway just 2 quick questions for now:
  • Is it me or denying transitions is very hard? I mean, the opponent has usually 3 different directions to go, so I should read the animation and immediately deny blocking that direction right? Any tips?
  • I'm playing the AI on hard, isn't it too easy to finish submissions?

It is annoying at FLYw. You go against Johnson all the time, then somebody picks somebody different when you pick Johnson, lol. You almost feel like you're under-matched.

Same thing happened to me lol I don't play the division anymore.

I don't understand why McGregor users are mostly very bad. Some guys are smart and the choose to box, but you just need to wait and counter in a round for McGregor's gas tank to almost drop down to the half-way point.

mcGregor is a fun fighter to use, but so many people are just... stupid, lol. If you can effectively body-shot counter, McGregor is really easy to beat.

Because Conor fans are mostly kids probably. They just pick the highest rated, most well known fighter and mash buttons. I have had the same experience.... they just charge forward swaying and hooking. Used to be effective before patches but now as long as you are patient and don't try to throw much back until they gas, it's very easy to deal with. Played one yesterday, I was Holloway so having a good chin and cardio helps. I would just back up and back sway his constant attacks, then answer with 1 body hook or body knee at a time early on. Then as he got more tired I picked up the pace and he was totally gassed halfway through round 2 lol

I managed to get a finish the fight rear naked choke on sunday. Dropped the dude with a kick, stood above him and saw the choke was there. Looked a bit robotic but was still cool.
Anyone seen if you can get a guillotine when the opponent is dropped? I know you can grab a flying guillotine if they're rocked but the AI seems to shrug it off half the time.
Ufc undisputed 3 animations looked better when you could lock up a sub on a half dead opponent.

Not sure on the guillotine, but there is an arm triangle and armbar finish the fight option for sure

Not sure on the guillotine, but there is an arm triangle and armbar finish the fight option for sure
The arm triangle finish is kinda cheesy looking with the big hop but the armbar is so satisfying. A guillotine would be perfect, similar to how Josh Burkman was choked out in his last fight.

I finally made my mind and got the game. Obviously I suck not having played 1 and 2...
Anyway just 2 quick questions for now:
  • Is it me or denying transitions is very hard? I mean, the opponent has usually 3 different directions to go, so I should read the animation and immediately deny blocking that direction right? Any tips?
  • I'm playing the AI on hard, isn't it too easy to finish submissions?
Play it on career mode easy until you get the hang of it. The clinch/grappling helps you work out your transition denials pretty great. The timing is def harder to work out in this installment.

Also another tip, if you're being eaten alive on the feet by the ai, just wait for them to strike, step back and throw a jab hook or a headkick, it works like a charm

-Added the ability to partially block the counter strike after a catch kick. An unblocked strike will deal the same damage as before, a blocked strike will reduce the damage by 50%. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-Add seven new AI fighter customizations and applied existing customizations to numerous templated fighters. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-Reduced the frequency of sweeps on the ground by the AI for standup-oriented fighters. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-New feature! Added a new, faster retreating evasive movement option performed by holding R1+R2 and moving away from your opponent. #patchspoilers #EAUFC3 https://t.co/rczNJRgwUC
giphy.gif

-Made it so block breaks down faster when you are moving forward. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-Allow the AI to perform the correct evasion at the wrong time, better mimicing how users play. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-Greatly increase grapple-oriented AIs tendency to takedown after catch-kicks #patchspoilers #EAUFC3

-Remove the ability for boxing-oriented AIs to throw as many kicks while at range. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

-Make long term leg damage have a significant and permanent impact on grapple advantage. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

More to come, big ones arent out there yet apparently. Blog tomorrow, I think.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-ufc/931521-ea-sports-ufc-3-patch-1-05-spoilers.html

-Added a new set of sway animations to support the new concept of minor vs major sways. To perform a minor sway, lightly flick the right stick. A harder press for the major sways. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

- Minor sways are harder to pull off but expose you to less vulnerability, cost less stamina and give you faster counter strikes. Major sways are easier to pull off but cost more stamina, expose you to more vulnerability and have slower counter strikes. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

Patch should hit today, also new fighters, one will most likely be Lesnar.

-Added a new set of sway animations to support the new concept of minor vs major sways. To perform a minor sway, lightly flick the right stick. A harder press for the major sways. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

- Minor sways are harder to pull off but expose you to less vulnerability, cost less stamina and give you faster counter strikes. Major sways are easier to pull off but cost more stamina, expose you to more vulnerability and have slower counter strikes. #EAUFC3 #patchspoilers

Patch should hit today, also new fighters, one will most likely be Lesnar.

Very interesting.

I expect platinum perry too

Mike Perry, Paulo Costa and Josh Emmett are now in the game.

Platinum Bless motherfuckers!

Too bad I just wasted hours a week ago making him in CAF lol

This patch has absolutely ruined the meta of this game. Holy shit

Back